1st calcutta at White diamonds

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok so will the first one only pay if player wins the event?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
I lost my first to Mark Cavelier 7-4. Needless to say he shot bad and I shot worst lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok so will the first one only pay if player wins the event?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No they spread it out pretty good. They pick how many they will pay probably top 32 but I am not sure how deep they will pay it out. To deep no many in it for the low spots, Then they assign a percentage to the spots and break the money out that way. The player has the right to buy half there self before the draw is posted. I have seen some people sold as pairs specifically Joey and Chip got sold as a team. SVB was there a couple of years ago went for a high number, bought his half and snapped it off I think he had to double dip coming out of the losers. Awesome event and calcutta. The cash is due to the people down there got money, gamble and Chris knows how to get them together.

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Apparently China's number one ranked player is there, he went for $4k. Chip and Joey together went for 5k. Skylar went for over 3500 i think.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to Big Truck aka Ray Hansen for sharing the payouts on FB so far. :)

Attachments

• 10150716_10201542635477763_1500122683_n.jpg
    10150716_10201542635477763_1500122683_n.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 411

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
Im coming from the loser side to take it all!!! Have confidence or stay home!!!! ( new shirt slogan :) )

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to Big Truck aka Ray Hansen for sharing the payouts on FB so far. :)

Never understood calcuttas.

But if you "buy" a player, regardless of price, and they win. Then you get the 24k, or split it with the player if they buy half of themselves? So then if a player does buy half of themselves and ends up winning, they get an extra 12k on top of the 1st place prize?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow, so get the china man on the calcutta and if he goes top 6, you more less break even. top 4 or better and you make make good money.

Does any of the Cali/Vegas or North East U.S tournaments has calcuttas?

Last edited:

Perk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never understood calcuttas.

But if you "buy" a player, regardless of price, and they win. Then you get the 24k, or split it with the player if they buy half of themselves? So then if a player does buy half of themselves and ends up winning, they get an extra 12k on top of the 1st place prize?

You are correct. Whoever bought the player gets the money for that calcutta prize slot. If the player bought half of himself from the "buyer" before the tourney started, he then would give half of the $ to the player. Top players have severe risk due to cost, but there were many many players that went for 600-1000 that could go super deep too. Every now and then you get a random calcutta buster in there that went for the minimum or damn near and wins the event....Black Balled did it last weekend in the Maryland State for example.

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every tournament that I go to in the north east has a Calcutta. It's a great way of adding more money to a tournament. Even the local pool hall does a Calcutta for their weekly tournament. Seems funny to me that so many people aren't more familiar with calcuttas.

Mr. Wiggles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Calcutta!

Every tournament that I go to in the north east has a Calcutta. It's a great way of adding more money to a tournament. Even the local pool hall does a Calcutta for their weekly tournament. Seems funny to me that so many people aren't more familiar with calcuttas.

A problem now days could be gambling laws in different states. Some consider it gambling instead of a tournament payout. Those states will sometimes call it a second chance in stead of the C word. In Okla. I see it sometimes called a second chance but not always. Don't forget anytime you play someone for donuts or marbles you are having your own little mini tournament and one of you gets the prize fund! WINK WINK

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A problem now days could be gambling laws in different states. Some consider it gambling instead of a tournament payout. Those states will sometimes call it a second chance in stead of the C word. In Okla. I see it sometimes called a second chance but not always. Don't forget anytime you play someone for donuts or marbles you are having your own little mini tournament and one of you gets the prize fund! WINK WINK

Yeah...but ask your local ABC license holds holder how well that line of reasoning works for him and his liquor license!