Keith McCready coming out of retirement!

TheThaiger

Banned
to be accurate, keith barked...

...And got bitten. Then the fanboys leapt in to defend him.

In summary;

1. Team Keith tried to intimidate people by challenging them to bets they knew they would win.
2. Team Keith offered specific terms eg up to $20,000, appropriate weight, all details to be made in public, with no emails or PMs etc.
3. Team Keith challenged someone who readily accepted.
4. Team Keith are now back-peddling furiously, saying arrangements must now be made in private, and saying the game must be banks or one pocket.

Jr did nothing but graciously accept a bet and call Team Keith's bluff. Team Keith tried to bully him and he held his ground like a man.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member

In summary;

1. Team Keith tried to intimidate people by challenging them to bets they knew they would win.
2. Team Keith offered specific terms eg up to $20,000, appropriate weight, all details to be made in public, with no emails or PMs etc.
4. Team Keith are now back-peddling furiously, saying arrangements must now be made in private, and saying the game must be banks or one pocket.

Jr did nothing but graciously accept a bet and call Team Keith's bluff. Team Keith tried to bully him and he held his ground like a man.

You need to check again . Keith offered to play and it will be 7 thousand a set
The rest is between them. He never said he would feed the birds. And long rail banks and 1 hole are good games. James posted he plays all games. Get your facts straight .
What you posted is inaccurate

Last edited:

RealLive

JUICEISBACK.COM
Silver Member
You need to check again . Keith offered to play and it will be 7 thousand a set
The rest is between them. He never said he would feed the birds. And long rail banks and 1 hole are good games. James posted he plays all games. Get your facts straight .
What you posted is inaccurate

one of keith's initial posts about the bet stated betting amounts of 10k & 20k, which is why thaiger posted "eg up to $20,000"

railbirds will do what they do. sing out side bets.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
one of keith's initial posts about the bet stated betting amounts of 10k & 20k, which is why thaiger posted "eg up to $20,000"

railbirds will do what they do. sing out side bets.

Well two 7 thousand dollar sets = 14 thousand (not trying to insult anyone's intelligence ) that's right in the meat of 10 to 20 correct?
Now how is that Keith isn't backing up his bark?
Just curios

RealLive

JUICEISBACK.COM
Silver Member
Well two 7 thousand dollar sets = 14 thousand (not trying to insult anyone's intelligence ) that's right in the meat of 10 to 20 correct?
Now how is that Keith isn't backing up his bark?
Just curios

go ahead and keep being curious because i'm not the one making any opinions so you won't see me answering that question! i was just clarifying the muddled outline between you and thaiger

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
go ahead and keep being curious because i'm not the one making any opinions so you won't see me answering that question! i was just clarifying the muddled outline between you and thaiger

I know and didn't mean to come off wrong. I was honestly curious
As far as Thaiger goes he is British and I am Southern
We can't communicate lol

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member

In summary;

If they play , who do you like? Are you wanting to bet on the mach?

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

In summary;

I don't really agree with Thaiger's anaylsis.

James Davis Jr., is a nice young man, plays good, has been playing in many tournaments for at least the last five years, just beat SVB in the hotseat match at White Diamonds. He is also, apparently, a smart guy looking for a good opportunity.

If you can't see that he saw Keith chirping, and decided to look him up, because Keith probably doesn't know him, and take a shot at getting a game with a guy whose legendary status would make such a game very good for himself, for sure with exposure and (in his mind) monetarily also, then you are more than a little naive.

And how much risk is there really in goading a guy that has not played competitively for quite a few years into a game. It's win, win for James.

Keither surely doesn't need my advice, but I know he will match up correctly, and if this really happens, Keith, be sure you got your book ready too. As you know there's a lot of interest in that.

Last edited:

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is totally removed now and Drew Jones is banned.

Oh well, another one bites the dust.

nikotesla

ninja in training
Silver Member
wtf happened to the fun thread?????

nevermind i got it.

why do threads get removed again?

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I'm posting in this....just to say I did. Lol.

I'd LOVE to see this match-up. I was at White Diamond a couple of weeks ago for the Monster Calcutta and James Davis Jr. was extremely strong.

And Keith McCready is Keith McCready.....and I mean that in the most respectful way possible.

......this MIGHT not be truly legendary now......but as JDJr further establishes himself, it could be known as legendary in the future.

So, have we got action or what?

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If THIS game ever happens, Keith M vs James jr i will bet my house my home and everything else i own on one the greatest pool players of all time Mr. KEITH McCREADY!

Reactions: JAM

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If THIS game ever happens, Keith M vs James jr i will bet my house my home and everything else i own on one the greatest pool players of all time Mr. KEITH McCREADY!

It is a safe bet that you wouldn't have to bet :smile: