How would you get position on the 9 ball?

Brags

Banned
Post your video.

Attachments

• Shot challenge.jpg
    Shot challenge.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,325
Last edited:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Bank the CB off the upper left rail to pocket the 8, shoot the 9 down the rail.

Last edited:

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two options.

Stun left, maybe a touch of draw left, to come two rails into the 9. It will go short rail to long rail near the top left corner. Depending on much angle the cue ball may go past the 9 and have to shoot up in to the top right corner. I'd rather hit it softer and take a cut into bottom right corner, but that depends on how fast the cloth is and how springy the rails are.

Option two is to use top inside to bring the cue ball to center of table for a cut on the 9 to bottom right corner as well.

I'm not that good but those seem to be the easiest options. Option 1 is also the most natural path.

Brags

Banned
Two options.

Stun left, maybe a touch of draw left, to come two rails into the 9. It will go short rail to long rail near the top left corner. Depending on much angle the cue ball may go past the 9 and have to shoot up in to the top right corner. I'd rather hit it softer and take a cut into bottom right corner, but that depends on how fast the cloth is and how springy the rails are.

Option two is to use top inside to bring the cue ball to center of table for a cut on the 9 to bottom right corner as well.

I'm not that good but those seem to be the easiest options. Option 1 is also the most natural path.

Wrong. Try again.

Brags

Banned
Bank the CB off the upper left rail to pocket the 8, shoot the 9 down the rail.

Center ball left, med speed.

bank the eight and shoot the nine straight in
one pocket

Two options.

All wrong. This is how you do it.
https://flic.kr/p/X3wKy2

Last edited:

Brags

Banned
Waxed the ball did ya

You ain't foolin anyone

How may takes?

LOL what? One take...that was a from a game...I can show you the 8 ball rolling into place. Also, was probably -2 degrees Celsius with about 80% humidity...so table was playing really sluggish.

but thanks...I'll take that as a compliment. :)

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Not fooling anyone but yourself
Need to step up your troll game

Your starting to bore me

Yawn

Last edited:

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL what? One take...that was a from a game...I can show you the 8 ball rolling into place. Also, was probably -2 degrees Celsius with about 80% humidity...so table was playing really sluggish.

but thanks...I'll take that as a compliment. :)

8/9 was wired 5 rails.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your way is one way to do it. I just set it up three times in my garage. Every time I just used draw to drag it over to the other side rail and then straight back across towards the side rail where the 9 ball is. I fell a little short of perfect on the first time, but the other two I fell great. Made the 9 ball all three times.

Brags

Banned
Your way is one way to do it. I just set it up three times in my garage. Every time I just used draw to drag it over to the other side rail and then straight back across towards the side rail where the 9 ball is. I fell a little short of perfect on the first time, but the other two I fell great. Made the 9 ball all three times.

Ya you could draw it across off the other rail as well...but if the angle is too straight you end up having to punch it across.

Last edited: