Dishaw Rolls Out the Butterflies

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
Cuemaker Dan Dishaw stepped up his game for this year's Derby City Classic. In addition to his normal array of exotic woods and cue designs, Dan has built some gorgeous butterfly spliced cues. His luthier experience seems evident with his use of beautifully figured woods and abalone.

The two butterfly cues have razer sharp points between the butterflies that are veneered in gold and tipped with abalone. They must be seen to be appreciated. Congratulations Dan for stealing the show!

DSCN0254.jpg

Juda4936

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dishaw Cues

I love my Dishaw:) :D :) :D
It is the Best Playing cues I have shot with...
And it looks so good I've had people come over many time even when I playing to see the cue, look at it under the table light while a match is going on:confused: :cool:

Attachments

• Dishaw_Butt_2 (Small).jpg
    Dishaw_Butt_2 (Small).jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 475
  • Dishaw_Handle (Small).jpg
    Dishaw_Handle (Small).jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 387
  • Dishaw_Points (Small).jpg
    Dishaw_Points (Small).jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 395

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
Drawman623 said:
Cuemaker Dan Dishaw stepped up his game for this year's Derby City Classic. In addition to his normal array of exotic woods and cue designs, Dan has built some gorgeous butterfly spliced cues. His luthier experience seems evident with his use of beautifully figured woods and abalone.

The two butterfly cues have razer sharp points between the butterflies that are veneered in gold and tipped with abalone. They must be seen to be appreciated. Congratulations Dan for stealing the show!

DSCN0254.jpg
i had the pleasure of meeting dan also
everybody knows i'm a butterfly nut
and his caught me eye thru a crowd of people
great guy to talk with
if i live long enuff, i hope to be making butterflies that nice too ;)

cornerstone

Psalm 91:15
Silver Member
dans execution on his work is excellent, and choice of materials is top notch. i commented to dan about how i like when hemakes his butt sleeve longer it makes it look elegant!

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
Butterflies at the Expo

Dan usually comes out to the Hopkins Expo in March. I don't know if he is planning to go to the BCA. In retrospect, I wish I had taken better pics...close up. His use of veneer colors and snakewood really worked. The gold gleamed and the entire design was powerful. I just looked up his number in the blue book. The best I can do is offer his contact info if you want pricing or more info. The cues would make a great pair in any collection.

Dishaw Custom Cues: (315) 472-4712

dishawcues

Registered
New Cues

Thanks to all for the kind words. It is always a treat for me to go out and talk with people at various events. If any one has any questions about cues please don't hesitate to call my cell 315-439-1777 or be sure to stop me at any of the events, and yes I will be at Super Billiards Expo followed by the National Arts Club in NYC sponsored by Blatt Billiards, and then the BCA Trade Show.
I have included some pictures of some cues I just finished. Hope you like them.
Untitled-2.jpg

Maple-butterfly.jpg

Olympic%20Dream.jpg