-A- joint depth. LMAO

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's to funny not to show this. Pay attention to the length of the drill bit.

IMG_20190201_205823.jpg

cuewould

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wood ?

Interesting, thats what my mentor use to say whem
n he didn't want to use other words:confused:.What type of wood is that.Tham
nks. RayWeeks

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I do love a good joke, but I guess my old age is catching up with me as I don't get it. A- joint? Drill bit length? Please explain.

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do love a good joke, but I guess my old age is catching up with me as I don't get it. A- joint? Drill bit length? Please explain.

Hi Chris
How about a hole at the -A- joint 14 inches deep. I left the bit out a little for example.

IMG_20190202_093805.jpg

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I figured I just didn't get it because I am not a cue maker.

Now I don't feel as bad. :)

JC

Coos Cues

Don't feel alone Chris, I'm also not smart enough to understand what it's all about until the reveal.

JC

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeh yeh. You guys are rough. I added the 2nd picture. If the title is -A- joint depth and pay attention to the length if the drill bit. Sounds easy eneogh. Joeyincali got it when I sent him the first picture. But ok. I explained it betterer for you.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yeh yeh. You guys are rough. I added the 2nd picture. If the title is -A- joint depth and pay attention to the length if the drill bit. Sounds easy eneogh. Joeyincali got it when I sent him the first picture. But ok. I explained it betterer for you.

I told you my brain was old, but don't worry you are pretty close to my age. :)

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I told you my brain was old, but don't worry you are pretty close to my age. :)

Amen to that. I think I'm older. I know I feel it. That's nit a good thing either.
Yup. I looked. I'm older. Now I'm depressed. Lol

Last edited:

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
My only question was where was he going to get a joint pin that long?

Wish I had a weight bolt tap that long. (3/8x16)
I like to place my weight bolts in the butt as far forward as I can.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

I'll take a wild guess.
Looks like a dymondwood to me.
Maker wanted to reduce weight but did not want or know how to core properly.
So, he drilled it out.

Why in the world would anyone have a screw that long?

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The screw was 3" long. A hole 5/16x14" long. You don't really lose a lot of weight. I have a 3/8x16 tap 8" long but I try not to go that deep. If my numbers are off and I wind up to light. I use a 1/2x13 set screw.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With all the hollow makes lower deflection theories going around, is that not possibly the explaination?

Hi Chris:
From the -A- joint to the butt cap. No Sir. It's Diamond wood and strictly about weight. I can appreciate what the goal was, now that I have it done. It was an interesting project. I know, I did some things way back when that I would never consider today. But at the time. They seemed logical. Even though I laughed at this, the main objective was and is, to hopefully keep someone else from doing it.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi Chris:
From the -A- joint to the butt cap. No Sir. It's Diamond wood and strictly about weight. I can appreciate what the goal was, now that I have it done. It was an interesting project. I know, I did some things way back when that I would never consider today. But at the time. They seemed logical. Even though I laughed at this, the main objective was and is, to hopefully keep someone else from doing it.

I did not catch tbat it was diamond wood. Reducing weight would probably have been my first thought if I had.