what kind of cloth?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Dartman said:
NO - cuz I know that you know.
Besides, you don't need a cue cube. :nanner:
I DO need a ride around the country secretary, when is THAT prize up for grabs:happydance:

Dartman said:
Good explanation.
This makes a good question for this weeks quiz - :grin:

Which cloth brands, besides Simonis, are available in 78" wide bolts?
Post the correct brand(s) and we'll enter your name in a drawing for a new Cue Cube.

Note - the Snake is not eligible to answer, LOL

Granito Basalt and Granito Tournament are 76"

Othewiser I can't find any other company that makes 78" wide bolts

rackemfr9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
realkingcobra said:
Now for my bluff, lets just say that it really hasn't been a fair fight to compare Championship Tour Edition 3030, 70% wool, 30% nylon with Simonis 860 90%wool 10% nylon as it's apples to oranges, Ivan and I have been talking for the last few years about my input of the wear factors related to cloth, and rather than change the in use 860, the decision was made to play around with the 860HR which has been in use in Europe for several years which has the same 70%wool, 30%nylon blend as Championship Tour Edition 3030, except that we talked about doing something a little different in the shearing process, I got some of the cloth to test, and I'll tell you what, Championship is now the underdog, because now both cloths are on the same playing field. The cloth I tested has the same wear factor of the 3030, but the playability of the 860, but will not speed up over time, and will not show nearly as much ball burnish marks...so...am I bluffing, we'll see:cool:

Glen
Glen

Glen, I do enjoy this. Your a very reputable person but lets keep it straight as an arrow and not "lets keep blowin Simonis." If only Ivan would join us for this lil tea party. Hes got bigger fish to fry though, like trying to make 3030 and 860 two different cloths. As if one were a woolen and one a worsted (now that would not be fair).

Why is it the whole World wants to compare the two?? As a matter of fact, lets just be men and put Worsted in the same family/category. Thats what they are! For whatever the application, theyre all worsted! These happen to be pocket table, tournament grade. Not Carom, not Snooker, not Russian pyramid. And lets put this out there... Is the blend different when it is cut to a 9ft table? Is the content different? Who cares if its 78 or 66 wide? It still goes on the same size table.

Ivan Lee and Hank HAVE TO come out with something "better" because theyre gettin beat up. Not by me, well maybe but mostly by the new products out there, the cheapo stuff. It affects me too! I can admit it!

you cant tell me my product has its back against the wall, its quite the opposite. So much so, that "they" have to come out with a product to combat MY product. Doesnt sound like an underdog to me... Sounds like a leader!!

You stated that Simonis came with a product that would last as long and be on the same "playing field"... finally we can compare apples to apples. Id like a cut for testing!!! Ill put it on my personal table. please?! Should I not compare Gorina Basalt because it may be a 22 oz and mines a 24-25? I mean come on, really.

so its known... I LOVE DIAMOND TABLES. And I WILL play on whatever Worsted product is on whatever table because im a player. As long as its a "tourney grade" fabric.

Do you see where im coming from in this msg Glen? Since you talk to Ivan all the time? Lets just compare worsteds/Tournament grades. Dont pull the wool over everyones eyes here. I wanna clean the slate also, this is my personal account on here, had it way before I was employed by Championship/D&R Ind. so I dont want it to sound like the salesman that reps his company on a forum.

All the jargon about ounces and widths is hog wash, its all about the product on the table and how it plays and lasts. Which boils down to construction, ones view on what the formula should be for a tournament grade cloth.

I owned a poolroom here in the Chicagoland area, the room had 860, we put 3030 on and never looked back. I knew which was a better TOURNAMENT GRADE/Commercial cloth from hands on experience. My 2 cents.

Bill

kydartmaster

Wannabe 1-pocket player
Silver Member
I have the Tour edition on my table and it is holding up great. At first I was a little worried about it because it was extremely fast compared to what I had been playing on. I also wasn't able to jump on it because the ball would just squirt. We have had it for a year now and after wiping it down with a damp cloth about every other week it has slowed down a little and i'm able to jump on it. Not sure what effect the damp cloth has but if someone has an answer i'd like to know. That question is mainly for the jumping ability now.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
rackemfr9ball said:
Glen, I do enjoy this. Your a very reputable person but lets keep it straight as an arrow and not "lets keep blowin Simonis." If only Ivan would join us for this lil tea party. Hes got bigger fish to fry though, like trying to make 3030 and 860 two different cloths. As if one were a woolen and one a worsted (now that would not be fair).

Why is it the whole World wants to compare the two?? As a matter of fact, lets just be men and put Worsted in the same family/category. Thats what they are! For whatever the application, theyre all worsted! These happen to be pocket table, tournament grade. Not Carom, not Snooker, not Russian pyramid. And lets put this out there... Is the blend different when it is cut to a 9ft table? Is the content different? Who cares if its 78 or 66 wide? It still goes on the same size table.

Ivan Lee and Hank HAVE TO come out with something "better" because theyre gettin beat up. Not by me, well maybe but mostly by the new products out there, the cheapo stuff. It affects me too! I can admit it!

you cant tell me my product has its back against the wall, its quite the opposite. So much so, that "they" have to come out with a product to combat MY product. Doesnt sound like an underdog to me... Sounds like a leader!!

You stated that Simonis came with a product that would last as long and be on the same "playing field"... finally we can compare apples to apples. Id like a cut for testing!!! Ill put it on my personal table. please?! Should I not compare Gorina Basalt because it may be a 22 oz and mines a 24-25? I mean come on, really.

so its known... I LOVE DIAMOND TABLES. And I WILL play on whatever Worsted product is on whatever table because im a player. As long as its a "tourney grade" fabric.

Do you see where im coming from in this msg Glen? Since you talk to Ivan all the time? Lets just compare worsteds/Tournament grades. Dont pull the wool over everyones eyes here. I wanna clean the slate also, this is my personal account on here, had it way before I was employed by Championship/D&R Ind. so I dont want it to sound like the salesman that reps his company on a forum.

All the jargon about ounces and widths is hog wash, its all about the product on the table and how it plays and lasts. Which boils down to construction, ones view on what the formula should be for a tournament grade cloth.

I owned a poolroom here in the Chicagoland area, the room had 860, we put 3030 on and never looked back. I knew which was a better TOURNAMENT GRADE/Commercial cloth from hands on experience. My 2 cents.

Bill
Bill, how long do we go back....LOL I'm driving right now, but I'll get back to you on this:p

Dartman

Silver Member
realkingcobra said:
Bill, how long do we go back....LOL I'm driving right now, but I'll get back to you on this:p

If you had a road secretary you could dictate and have your road secretary type. :D

BTW - I decided to let you take a stab at the quiz question :grin-devilish:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
rackemfr9ball said:
Glen, I do enjoy this. Your a very reputable person but lets keep it straight as an arrow and not "lets keep blowin Simonis." If only Ivan would join us for this lil tea party. Hes got bigger fish to fry though, like trying to make 3030 and 860 two different cloths. I'm aware of what's going on, but 70/30 and 90/10 are not the same cloth, and really should not be compared as though they are...LOLAs if one were a woolen and one a worsted (now that would not be fair).

Why is it the whole World wants to compare the two?? As a matter of fact, lets just be men and put Worsted in the same family/category. Thats what they are! For whatever the application, theyre all worsted! Because ALL worsted wool cloths are not made the same;) These happen to be pocket table, tournament grade. Not Carom, not Snooker, not Russian pyramid. And lets put this out there... Is the blend different when it is cut to a 9ft table?yes Is the content different?Yes Who cares if its 78 or 66 wide? The width of the cloth DOES change the oz per yard claiming that a heavier oz per yard is better, instead of the thread count per inchIt still goes on the same size table.

you cant tell me my product has its back against the wall, its quite the opposite. So much so, that "they" have to come out with a product to combat MY product. Now come on, we're just re-introducing the same 70/30 blend that you guys have been promoting for the longest time as a better cloth, now with the 860HR we have the same blend, only in the Simonis weave...LOLDoesnt sound like an underdog to me... Sounds like a leader!!

You stated that Simonis came with a product that would last as long and be on the same "playing field"... finally we can compare apples to apples. Id like a cut for testing!!! Ill put it on my personal table. please?! Should I not compare Gorina Basalt because it may be a 22 oz and mines a 24-25? I mean come on, really. There you go with that "oz" again...LOL

Bill
Like I said, I'll get back to you on this. But what I kind of have in mind is going right to the source, meaning offering to recover "one" 9ft in a pool room with all championship 3030 cloth on the tables for labor only, the Simonis 860HR would be a "Free" donation, only thing paid for is my labor, then in the "MIDDLE" of a room filled with Championship 3030...there'll stand a table with Simonis 860HR, then let the customers that play on the table decide. By the way Bill, you could offer the same thing with your cloth, in a room filled with Simonis, if you can find a mechanic to install it for you guys.

Let me think about this for a bit, and I'll get back to you, as I'm sure there are some room owners that would love to have me come and recover one of their 9fts for labor only;)

Glen, the "Realkingcobra"

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Dartman said:
Is Glen Right? > Click to find out :grin:

Riley also makes a snooker cloth:D :p
Medium Quality Cloth - Riley Professional traditional style directional cloth for high performance and lasting durability. Making it Ideal for Pubs and Clubs.

100% Pure New Wool
25oz Cloth
Directional Finish
88" Width

Dartman

Silver Member
Hint
1 other company offers a standard 78" width :D
and lets limit this to pool cloth shall we, lol

Dartman

Silver Member
ChrisShanklin said:
:dance: :happydance: :dance: :thud:

LOL
Hainsworth Elite Pro is sold in 78" wide bolts.
This is the same cloth we use for some custom printing using deep dye discharge.

PM your mailing address so we can send you your all expenses paid cue cube, lol.