Traveling with a small case 2x1, cue.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
If you can get the cue in your regular suitcase, that will avoid charges for a second checked bag (about $40 per flight). I use my regular hard suitcase, cue in diagonally, then use a strap like this to secure the case through the handle:

https://www.amazon.com/Luggage-Appr...=suitcase+locking+strap&qid=1577767854&sr=8-4

It will help to avoid the typical pilfering of baggage by handlers, since it will immediately leave evidence of tampering.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it safe to put it inside of the bag that goes in the plane belly, or shall I carry it with me inside of the airplane, I kind of want the first option if it is safe?

Has anybody experienced theft from the airlines while travelling, is this a common thing? when opening my bag, they might see a small case and something shiny inside of it, they might take it?

Thanks

I have a whole setup for travel to ensure I don't loose anything I like, soft case with a cheap butt and my less favorites shafts. Of course this assumes you are like most of us and have a closet full of equipment to pick from LOL

My go-to travel setup is a McDermott Lucky butt along with a Players HXT shaft, if it gets lost, it's about $200 vs my favorite custom shafts or a REVO or something. After having my bag lost with my son's custom cue for a week one time I try to not take our best stuff out on planes.

If you can afford it, get a setup for travel, you may loose 5-10% of your game using different equipment but unless you are in serious tournaments that is not as bad as losing your favorite cue and shaft on a trip.

Last edited: