Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn didn't know they were playing so early.

So whos in the final 8 now?

Alex
Gorst
Big Ko

Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex P
Liu Hai Tao

Big Ko
Gorst

JL Chang
Casper (guy that beat Filler)

Little Ko
Do Thien Kien

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quarterfinals

Live Scores
http://esnooker.pl/live/en/tsnew.php

Live Streams
Liu Haitao v Alex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqq5uSGzCXY&list=PLQ5FS50ETk-2nsAe3HkvHvA2X-H28fggH&index=22&t=0s

Little Ko V Do The Kien
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzAsayIUwBY&list=PLQ5FS50ETk-2nsAe3HkvHvA2X-H28fggH&index=23&t=0s

Casper is the breakout star knocking out Filler and now Albin.

I don't think so. Which position would you rather be in after your first match -- must win your next match to get to the Last 64, or have 2 chances to win 1 match to get to the Last 64?

Only about 5 players who lost their first-round match made it to the Last 64.

Well, most of them , about 20 players who lost 1st match lost their 2nd match to higher ranked players. If they are weaker than the "weaker" players from winners side, they will lose anyway. :grin:

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
luck?

Check out this shot Alex made to beat Billy 11-9

Talk about luck, this one had to hurt for Billy :eek:

video https://www.facebook.com/angeloperaltabartolo/videos/10159244523199899/?t=4704

I don't think this was luck. Alex walked to the table and physically set his cue down in a way which connected the side pocket to the side rail on the exact path the 7 ball traveled. Yes, he was clearly trying to give the 9 a ride and either 1 or 2 rail it, but he also knew the 7 was in play and he did what he did to make it clear to everyone what he was up to, specifically so if it happened no one would think he got lucky. This was one of the coolest shots of 2019 in my opinion, both due to the circumstance, the creativity, and the difficulty of caroming a ball two rails into a side pocket.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One thing in pool that's not mentioned is this. 1/6 the the table is pocket area. Soooooooooo....if your able to roll 2 balls at the same time and get at least 3 rails out of each ball, your chances of making one of the balls is HUGE.
Yeah Alex was trying to get lucky and did it, so it don't seem so lucky i guess lol :shrug:

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool needs a shot-clock, on every tournament, this is friggin boring to watch them take so long, I'm sorry, even though I love pool I still feel its bad for viewing pleasure to have long matches like this, now think about a person who doesn't play pool.

Think about it from his perspective.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool needs a shot-clock, on every tournament, this is friggin boring to watch them take so long, I'm sorry, even though I love pool I still feel its bad for viewing pleasure to have long matches like this, now think about a person who doesn't play pool.

Think about it from his perspective.
There is ZERO reason for 9ball to be this slow other than the fact they can get away with it. WPA is clueless most of the time. Why there is no shot-clock is beyond me.

Island Drive

Silver Member
Chill

Yeah Alex was trying to get lucky and did it, so it don't seem so lucky i guess lol :shrug:

You missed my point, that's why it Was a good shot. I've played in two World Events and turned down my third (divorce) and won a pro event before. So walk lightly....

Last edited:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They even have refs on each table, so they have someone there to run the shot clock.

The reality is that no one cares about this tournament, no one is there at the event watching, hardly anyone is watching the videos. Why bother with a shot clock if there is no audience?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They even have refs on each table, so they have someone there to run the shot clock.

The reality is that no one cares about this tournament, no one is there at the event watching, hardly anyone is watching the videos. Why bother with a shot clock if there is no audience?
This event needs a better(much better actually) location, some promotion ala Matchroom and a shot-clock. It is a major title wrapped-up in a lame chicken-s^*t box. All the WPA cares about is getting their promotion(?????) fees from the QBSF. If CSI or Matchroom ran this it would be light years better.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WPA is killing the sport. It needs to go.
I put a contact link up for WPA on main page. Gre is a good guy and takes suggestions/critique pretty good. Let them know how you you feel or any suggestions. Can't hurt. I agree that the WPA might be the lamest governing body in ALL of sport.

Island Drive

Silver Member
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ;)

I figured out years ago HOW to beat these kind of players at their own game. We have a term the ''ice man'' it depicts the character of this play type. If you ever get in a match with someone who does this, Especially if you trust them, do this.

Walk away from the table, turn your back on them and talk to others. It works, Did it once, and my opponent went to the TD to ''complain'', and his exact words ''he doesn't have to watch you shoot your shots''. FF twenty years later it came up again in an event in Denver, it worked.

These players ''FEED" off your anguish and uncomfortableness when you are constantly getting a dose of...''UP/DOWN/WALK AROUND''. Try it, you'll like it.