ob shaft warranty

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
is bullshit, I had mine splinting off simply by wiping it with a moist towel, so I asked the guy at the expo, he told me the sealer is worned down so the warranty is void, ive been using the shaft regularly for a year, chalk is abrasive, what the FU** do you expect is going to happen, so he told me to go to lomax to get a new tip installed I HAD TO PAY FOR,and he would clean it for me, what a load man. I love the shaft, its a great product, but I will never buy another one since they bullshit you on the warranty. I even had the good people of Seybert's look for and send me the receipt for proof of purchase.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
they said it

That's crazy I've never heard them say that before

the guy did a great job cleaning it, but thats besides the point, im afraid im gonna start bleeding every time i stroke an OB. oh well, I guess im stuck with china made predator shafts.

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
" he told me the sealer is worned down " WTF? does that mean or have to do with anything? If a hard rock maple shaft is giving you splinters, something is very very wrong. can you post close ups?

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you want to try another American Made LD shaft that has great reviews let me know what you have and I can quote you a Jacoby Hybrid Edge. I'm not bashing OB because I do like their product and have not heard of this type of instance before, but if you want to try something else that has received amazing reviews let me know. THx

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
to the op
could state that you took your shaft to the ob booth and they told you that???
as suggested above did talk to royce?
i would
to those ready to change shafts because of this post consider this
how many ob shafts are sold and oyt there????
how many complaints do you ever hear/read about???
i wouldnt jump to conclusions on one persons experience
i have no stake in the company just a happy ob1 owner who has always had a positive experience whenever ive had to talk to to ob cues

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
jacoby

If you want to try another American Made LD shaft that has great reviews let me know what you have and I can quote you a Jacoby Hybrid Edge. I'm not bashing OB because I do like their product and have not heard of this type of instance before, but if you want to try something else that has received amazing reviews let me know. THx

ive heard good things about the hybrid, that might be my next choice. a friend made me try out a custom 10k jacoby, just so i can say I shot with a 10k cue, it felt amazing.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
" he told me the sealer is worned down " WTF? does that mean or have to do with anything? If a hard rock maple shaft is giving you splinters, something is very very wrong. can you post close ups?

Lomax cue repair guy did a really good job filling it in, the one with the finger is hard to see but its missing wood and has what looks like a hairline fracture 1.5inches long, and the one with the spot is actucally wood missing out the shaft. like I said, I give credit to lomax guy, he did such a good job you cant see it almost, but its there and it bugs the Sht out of me.

Attachments

• ob sh 003.jpg
    ob sh 003.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 940
  • ob sh 004.jpg
    ob sh 004.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 865

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lomax cue repair guy did a really good job filling it in, the one with the finger is hard to see but its missing wood and has what looks like a hairline fracture 1.5inches long, and the one with the spot is actucally wood missing out the shaft. like I said, I give credit to lomax guy, he did such a good job you cant see it almost, but its there and it bugs the Sht out of me.

That is a crappy piece of wood period. if it was a good solid piece of maple that would never ever happen. I'd be pissed off too if they left me hanging with some lame excuse.
it could be filled and sanded smooth, but it should be replaced under warranty since it is a defect in materials.

Espartaco_7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 5 obs, and all but one have the same trouble, and is the newest one. I'm switching to mezz. OBs are great shafts but it seems with time they start falling apart. Will post pics later.

CarromBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Talk to Royce, I am sure he will fix this. I have dealt with him on numerous occasions in the past without any questions or issues. OB cues is a very good product and I can't see Royce letting this go, especially with the neg's in this forum. Obviously there can't be much wrong with their shafts as this is the first posting I have seen with this issue. I would have to say that that's a very good service record considering how many of these products are out there!! Just my 2 cents.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Talk to Royce, I am sure he will fix this. I have dealt with him on numerous occasions in the past without any questions or issues. OB cues is a very good product and I can't see Royce letting this go, especially with the neg's in this forum. Obviously there can't be much wrong with their shafts as this is the first posting I have seen with this issue. I would have to say that that's a very good service record considering how many of these products are out there!! Just my 2 cents.

royce is the one I spoke with, not happy at all. Ive been singing OBs praises since I got the shaft, not anymore, playability is one, quality control is another. Have you ever had an issue and had the shaft replaced on numerous occasions?? how many shafts did he replace?? exactly what were these numerous occasions?? ive already had three people tell me they had the same issue, im just the first to post it.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
to the op
could state that you took your shaft to the ob booth and they told you that???
as suggested above did talk to royce?
i would
to those ready to change shafts because of this post consider this
how many ob shafts are sold and oyt there????
how many complaints do you ever hear/read about???
i wouldnt jump to conclusions on one persons experience
i have no stake in the company just a happy ob1 owner who has always had a positive experience whenever ive had to talk to to ob cues

Let me tell you this, ill make an example, theres 10 happy Ford customers, 10 pissed off their lemon keeps breaking down, 10 more had recalls and ten more just dont like their cars. this is my second OB it has happened to, the first was an OB2 with the weird ferrule. Im not posting out my ass, theres obviously something happening to these things.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
why

WHY????

Why play with these ill conceived shafts meant to separate you from your money???

Just buy a maple shaft and play pool.

Kim

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
WHY????

Why play with these ill conceived shafts meant to separate you from your money???

Just buy a maple shaft and play pool.

Kim

bc i like thin shafts, and theres little resale value in them. buy a custom and then you have to keep original shafts 13mm, its just how the market is.

RBC

Deceased
is bullshit, I had mine splinting off simply by wiping it with a moist towel, so I asked the guy at the expo, he told me the sealer is worned down so the warranty is void, ive been using the shaft regularly for a year, chalk is abrasive, what the FU** do you expect is going to happen, so he told me to go to lomax to get a new tip installed I HAD TO PAY FOR,and he would clean it for me, what a load man. I love the shaft, its a great product, but I will never buy another one since they bullshit you on the warranty. I even had the good people of Seybert's look for and send me the receipt for proof of purchase.

I've been at the SBE, and am just now able to post on this. I'm actually at the airport now waiting on my flight.

There is a littlemore to this story.

First, I nned to say that we stand behind our products 100%.

When this customer came to our booth, we were extremely busy, and I had very little time to visit with him. Trying to get warranty issues resolved at a show is absolutely the worst way to get something like this done. At the time, he did not have any receipt or invoice with him, and i had no way to confirm that he was the oriiginaal owner. Without that, tecnhically there is no warranty.

The cue shaft he showed me was completely bare with no kind of wax or sealer on it. The nature of veneer laminated shafts does require thme to be waxed or sealed to prevent the grain from raising. It was obviously not there, and I have no way of knowing why.

Also,the tip had been replaced, and the carbon fiber tip pad had been removed.

The best thing that could be done for this shaaft would be for it to be returned to our shop for reconditioning. Obviously, I can't do that at a show. Also, without the carbon fiber pad, he was going to have a ferrule problem that would not be a matter for warranty. I told the customer all this, but he waasn't interested in sending it in to have this work done. He wanted a new cue shaft, which was not only not necessary given the fact that had no way of knowing that it wasn't a second hand shaft I simply could not do.

I offered to pay for the maintenance for sealing the shaft, but asked him to buy the tip so that his pad could be replaced.

If he does have the receipt showing him as the original purchaser, and sends it to us like is explained on our website, I would be happy to take a good look at it and get him taken care of. That offer still stands, and always will.

We stand behind our warranty and our products 100%. We do, however, have to rely on our customers to do certain things as well. Unfortunately, showing up at a show with no purchase information just doesn't put us in a spot where we can do much. We go to great lengths to communicate to those who buy them what is needed for maintenance and warranty.

I can only hope that the customer, I still don't know his name, will go to our website and follow the information there and send it in to us. Maybe then, with all thee information we need, we can better help him.

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

resurrecta

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Royce, I wanted to mention that I too had an OB1 shaft splintering like what you saw in the picture and even worse, under the varnish, there was a tiny split near the joint.
So what I did was, have a tiny piece of maple sanded into grains and used that as filler with wood glue and then smoothened it all out.But still, is the splintering a recurring issue? Are you guys working on it...?

This is no bash, I just want to find out if you guys had research in it. I just ordered the 135 cue from DoubleDaveCues, so i'm sticking with the good hitting materials.
But as a live in Europe, you can imagine, it's not as easy to send a shaft back in, because of high shipment expenses and plus if you'd send it back in, our customs are that *****y, they'd charge the same taxes on a shaft I once paid for all over again.

Yet I'd like to mention, the unique hit and high performance makes me stick to this...