No More Phenolic tips/ Whats best for my jump cue??

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
just like the post says...
I guess bca said no more phenolic, any suggestions ??
THANKS

BLACKHEARTCUES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have a phenolic ferrule /tip put on & have a very thin leather tip put on in the center , you will be legal...JER

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Nope I called BCAPL, and spoke with one of their experts. The reason for the call was a NEW League operator in the Valley had ask me to join one of his teams, after the RUNING I said NO. I done with out league play 62 years, so why start now.

Question? Call Toll Free: 866-USA-POOL

SK Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Think about this. SVB can jump, break and play with a Triangle. I think it would be advantageous to do the same with the tip of your choice.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Think about this. SVB can jump, break and play with a Triangle. I think it would be advantageous to do the same with the tip of your choice.

So did I, but with a LePro. A full ball at six inches at my best, and I am a hack.

Closest I ever been to playing as good as Shane was sitting next to him at the no limit poker table at the Riv. :)

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Please read the heading titled "Cue Sticks" Line "d"

http://www.playbca.com/Leagues/Rules/EquipmentSpecs/tabid/228/Default.aspx

Now, the WPA is alittle different! Read sectuion 17. http://www.wpa-pool.com/index.asp?content=rules_spec

Your references are good but the NEW RULES as I understand them went into effect 6/1/2009. MAYBE? BCAPL has not update their web-site.

Question? Call Toll Free: 866-USA-POOL

** Also I do not know how this rule would effect local events, as my understanding is the RULE are for the BCAPL EVENTS like the one in Las Vegas that is know as the National 8 Ball Championships.

Last edited:

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Just FYI, my BCAPL League Operator has said that until the establishment where we play complains that we are damaging balls, he will not enforce the "no phenolic" rule, and there haven't been any complaints. I expect other LOs to follow. This is with the understanding that any play outside of our local establishment will enforce the rule, i.e. nationals. Also, the cuemaker who makes White Diamond tips (his name escapes me, Picone?) claims that he has the blessings of the BCAPL to use his tips.
:p