Need Information about this cue..

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some aspects of the design remind me of Dale Perry.

But I am thi king it looks like an import.

Just don't know really. Looked at it numerous times since it was posted and I really have nothing.

DavidMNienow

Glamour Dave
Silver Member
Between the style of inlays and stain color it gives me a feeling of Meucci. But its not any Meucci i have seen before. It may have been an import pretending to look like a Meucci. To me it just kinda has that bit of flavor about it.

Just don't know really. Looked at it numerous times since it was posted and I really have nothing.

Yeah, and I just noticed that the MOP(?) inlay appears to be a little bit crooked (not in line like it should be). The quality of the cue just looks very poor to me. It is either an import, or just a poorly made custom cue from a builder that is not that good at building cues.

Between the style of inlays and stain color it gives me a feeling of Meucci. But its not any Meucci i have seen before. It may have been an import pretending to look like a Meucci. To me it just kinda has that bit of flavor about it.

Yeah, very low quality I think (far from the quality of a Meucci, in my opinion).

RailBird's

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It screams Meucci influence. There have been several cue makers leave Meucci over the years for what ever reason. Could be one of them. Meucci was an import for several years as well so it could be someone who from Asia that worked on them there.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
It screams Meucci influence. There have been several cue makers leave Meucci over the years for what ever reason. Could be one of them. Meucci was an import for several years as well so it could be someone who from Asia that worked on them there.

Yeah... perhaps a meucci copy or a meucci that was restored by someone? The design elements are very suggestive of that maker. The Pin looks right as well. It isnt too hard to replace a butt cap and bumper and re-finish a cue. Harder to do it well, but Im convinced its mostly meucci.

Lesh

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Meucci was an import for several years?

Prove it.

Please.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone has the cue for sale on the facebook group Pool & Billiards Emporium listed as a Viscotti for $250.

Not sure if all the inlays are 100% identical but it's very very close. Edit-- it's a different cue but design is pretty much a copy of this one.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Viscotti's were made by ADAM in Japan. Pretty well made inexpensive cue. Make a great bar/back-up cue.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dig for yourself.... You have Google right? Bob sold out and bought it back later. Everyone knows, not sure why you don't. Either way, not my problem

I have dug, extensively. And not just with Google. . Never found it substantiated. I thought it was settled to be a malicious rumor that they were impors.

Some of the same people claimed Joss was importing cues. Then they claimed Janes was importing his forearm blanks. Never happened.

Sure, not your problem. But you said it. You say everybody knows it and I asked three very knowledgeable people before posting this response. Apparently everyone does not know it.

There were numerous Asian copies. Even Players shamelessly duplicated Meucci designs.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

To me, this cue screams Philippines - and not one of the better crafters there.

Dale

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member

Import from where? 🤔

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk