Need Information about this cue..

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello,,, could you post a facebook link of thsi cue?

thanks

greetings luke

It's in a closed group, you need to join it, and it's not exactly the same cue, but with an almost 100% same design. From what I can tell of the pictures, the wood colors are different and the rings are silver in one cue and white in the other.

The cues have some decent differences aside from the design, this may be a copy of the one you have pictures of. The one you posted has better looking inlays but the design is the same in both cues. I don't think your cue is the same make as this one, but at least you can find out where the design is from.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cool, thanks a lot...Great..I think my cue is a fake maybe of this viscotti, maybe..

I doubt that is a fake cue or it will actually have the wording on it, and who would fake a cheap cue like that anyway? One of the cues is probably just a copy of the design of the other. The one you linked looks better, the inlays are better done. SoutWest designs and ringwork have been copied a lot, but you would not call them fake SoutWest cues since they don't have the SW logos on them and are not sold as SW cues. Fake and copy are different things.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meucci was an import for several years?

Prove it.

Please.

I seem to remember that Meucci had a bunch of prototype cues made in China to import under a sub brand like Mcdermott does.
But it never happened or it was a short lived line called Medici cant recall. Too bad the cues would probably have been better made.
and just for the record Mcdermott had 3 cues in their line that the forearms were made in China and finished here as Mcdermott cues not one of the sub brands.
I found out because i was going to buy one and e=mailed them to ask if the cue was totally American made and they admitted that the forearms were made in China.
Nothing was said on their web site about this.
So i bought a Lucasi instead,at least they were honest as to where it was made.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I seem to remember that Meucci had a bunch of prototype cues made in China to import under a sub brand like Mcdermott does.
But it never happened or it was a short lived line called Medici cant recall. Too bad the cues would probably have been better made.
and just for the record Mcdermott had 3 cues in their line that the forearms were made in China and finished here as Mcdermott cues not one of the sub brands.
I found out because i was going to buy one and e=mailed them to ask if the cue was totally American made and they admitted that the forearms were made in China.
Nothing was said on their web site about this.
So i bought a Lucasi instead,at least they were honest as to where it was made.

Yes! Medici!

Nowhere on those cues did it say Meucci.

Yes, they were imports. :thumbup:

Common knowledge. :wink:

I am unaware of any cues branded with the Meucci name that were imports. Further, it has been said that this happened over a specified period of time, implying that all Meucci cues of a certain time frame were imports.

McDermott? Clearly they import many cues. That they might use some components from overseas in their "US made cues" is something I have heard before and have no reason to doubt.