Pool shooting shoes

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
So I have a kind of odd question or maybe it's not. I have back and neck issues when shooting for long periods of time. I'm 6'2" and have long legs so I have to lean down quite a bit.

I have high arches and usually where a nice pair of Nike's if I'm going to be out shooting all day/night. They make my back last longer but not my game. They feel kind of mushy and not as stable as my other shoes yet help my back. I seem to feel like I'm in a more comfortable stance when I where my more casual shoes like my "snazzy" slip on Vans (kind of like boat shoes). Seem to balance better as they have flatter soles.

Has anyone ever found something that they feel is better or not.

Play Well!

Billiard Bill's
Buying-Selling-Trading
Text/call Bill 239.823.0408 (8am-7pm EST please)
billiardbills@gmail.com
Southwest Florida

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1410828686.182377.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1410828686.182377.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 840

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Birkenstock Arizonas. I live in them from June through November. I no longer take off my shoes, so management at Amsterdam no longer gives me stares.

During the winter months, I sometimes wear these covered Birks.

Attachments

• BIRKENSTOCK CLASSICS Arizona Smooth Leather Black 051191 - BLACK_1476_300x300.jpg
    BIRKENSTOCK CLASSICS Arizona Smooth Leather Black 051191 - BLACK_1476_300x300.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 808
  • 6696.jpg
    6696.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 813

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a heavy guy with a weird gait and tend to beat up my shoes in no time. I found a pair of Sketchers with a memory foam built into them and have been wearing them for a year now. The outsides are a little beat up but I haven't worn through them anywhere (which I usually do) and every day I put them on I am amazed at how comfortable they still are. I'm going to Vegas next week and bought a fresh pair just for all the walking I will be doing. :) I highly recommend them.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I have a kind of odd question or maybe it's not. I have back and neck issues when shooting for long periods of time. I'm 6'2" and have long legs so I have to lean down quite a bit.

I have high arches and usually where a nice pair of Nike's if I'm going to be out shooting all day/night. They make my back last longer but not my game. They feel kind of mushy and not as stable as my other shoes yet help my back. I seem to feel like I'm in a more comfortable stance when I where my more casual shoes like my "snazzy" slip on Vans (kind of like boat shoes). Seem to balance better as they have flatter soles.

Has anyone ever found something that they feel is better or not.

Play Well!

Billiard Bill's
Buying-Selling-Trading
billiardbills@gmail.com
Southwest Florida
I like sneakers. Years ago I often wore Italian shoes with the thin leather soles. I am not very tall and discovered that if I played in them on carpet. I could be reaching for a shot and fall flat on my face on the table. In the pool room I often just played barefoot. but that doesn't work in a tournament.

I had the same problem in tournaments with most all dress shoes. For me sneakers are a must. You can find some that don't look so much like a sneaker. Back then though I wore huge bell bottoms anyway so who knew what I was waring.

vvsels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i would recommend walking shoes. ecco is a good brand. i'm sure there are shoe stores at your local mall that can measure ur arch and weight distribution on your feet and recommend a shoe for you.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard to beat Ecco, more comfortable than Nike IMHO. I know he's on his feet a ton so I asked Stan Shuffett what he wears. He swears by Mephistos.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard to beat Ecco, more comfortable than Nike IMHO. I know he's on his feet a ton so I asked Stan Shuffett what he wears. He swears by Mephistos.

My wife likes Mephistos, of course they can be like $300.00 a pair.

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
@ Allen Brown I'm 6'2" 235 normal width. I have bad ankles from breaking both ankles twice skateboarding 17 years ago (was pretty good too lol).

Play Well!

Billiard Bill's
Buying-Selling-Trading
billiardbills@gmail.com
Southwest Florida

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
Keep in mind Florida too. Lol. We don't where much but shorts. That's a whole other issue, the no socks problem. I've learned the tricks to that though. Stinky ordeal before.

Play Well!

Billiard Bill's
Buying-Selling-Trading
billiardbills@gmail.com
Southwest Florida

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
inserts

I was a lettercarrier for over 30 yrs. I had up to 1500 dollar inserts tried all kinds of shoes. I found a $20.00 pair of inserts called fit rite or somthing like that on a infomercial . Iput them in my golf shoes walking shoes or what ever im wearing . Can stand or walk all day.68yrs young.

CrossBone Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wear my work boots, Black Wolverines. I work all the time so its all I know and they feel normal.

Rain Sleet nor snow effects me, ready for anything.

It also helps when the Bull Shitz gets deep (no sock with flip flops is not good wading thru Bull Shitz).

Another added benefit is the steel toe factor. I sometimes do a lot of kicking, depending on the night. Something flip flops can't do.

But the true reason, I look good in them..lol.

Steve