Gold Crown I...?

ludwigman

Registered
I have been looking for a GC for a long time now. I have a good feeling about this table but just want to verify that it's a GC I or II.

I also would need a good mover/mechanic working in the Grand Rapids or Southeast Michigan area that can set this thing up properly.
Any recommendations would be great.

Below are pictures and the sellers description.

Brunswick Billiards / Pool Table - I believe this is the "Gold Crown" version.
Professional 9 Foot Slate
New Felt professionally installed in Summer 2011.
Everything works properly.
Balls, Break Rack, Professional lighting, and Accessories Included.
You disassemble, you haul, you move

Attachments

• GC-1.jpg
    GC-1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 360
  • GC-2.jpg
    GC-2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 343
  • GC-3.jpg
    GC-3.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 334

ludwigman

Registered
I still need a recommendation for a good mover/mechanic.

The table would be picked up in Grand Rapids, MI and moved/set up in Howell, Mi.

jfred0826

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1 or 2

Ludwigman,

That table has the large rail score counters and the plastic sub-aprons. That makes it a I or II. If it has non adjustable leg levelers, it is an early I.
GC I's and II's have j-clips that are used to attach the aprons to the rails.

GC III aprons bolt to the underside of the rails. GCIII rail counters are smaller than those on II's and III's.

It is worth mentioning at this point that a fifty or sixty year old pool table may have a mix of non-original replacement parts from a variety of donor tables.That can complicate determining the actual age of the table.

jfe

ludwigman

Registered
Thank you very much for the info, that helps a lot.

Ludwigman,

That table has the large rail score counters and the plastic sub-aprons. That makes it a I or II. If it has non adjustable leg levelers, it is an early I.
GC I's and II's have j-clips that are used to attach the aprons to the rails.

GC III aprons bolt to the underside of the rails. GCIII rail counters are smaller than those on II's and III's.

It is worth mentioning at this point that a fifty or sixty year old pool table may have a mix of non-original replacement parts from a variety of donor tables.That can complicate determining the actual age of the table.

jfe

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Do a search, I posted allot of GC I info awhile back, I had two I's and five II's in my room.

jfred0826

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another thing....

Ludwigman,

BIG FYI, in case you don't already know.....The slates on I's, II's, and some early III's have index pins at the joints. Be sure to slide the slates apart horizontally at least 1/2 inch to disengage the pins before lifting the slates from the frame. Failure to do so will result in a huge chips broken off the edges of the slates.:eek:

jfe