CO/KS/OK/NM US Open 9 Western Qualifier Help!

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I got the go ahead months ago from Luke Riches of Matchroom Sport to hold a Western Qualifier.

I chose Mike and Nicole Hellmer's place....Matchups for many reasons. Well they....gave me nothing but excuses (auto response ), the same that I've heard for 30 years on Why THEY WON'T....Help! Please call em or let em know that it's wanted.

So I'm tossing it out to the PLAYERS from here, KS, OK, NM etc. to ride him and get em motivated, WE still have the time to put this together.

I told Matchups that Matchroom inked a 7 year deal with Mandalay and they could be part of this, it fell on DEAF ears. Is there something else going on up there making this........................................ IMPOSSIBLE????????????????????????????????????????????

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I got the go ahead months ago from Luke Riches of Matchroom Sport to hold a Western Qualifier.

I chose Mike and Nicole Hellmer's place....Matchups for many reasons. Well they....gave me nothing but excuses (auto response ), the same that I've heard for 30 years on Why THEY WON'T....Help! Please call em or let em know that it's wanted.

So I'm tossing it out to the PLAYERS from here, KS, OK, NM etc. to ride him and get em motivated, WE still have the time to put this together.

I told Matchups that Matchroom inked a 7 year deal with Mandalay and they could be part of this, it fell on DEAF ears. Is there something else going on up there making this........................................ IMPOSSIBLE????????????????????????????????????????????

Bill, isn't there any other location that you could go to?

Island Drive

Silver Member
Bill, isn't there any other location that you could go to?

Nope...................Not in CO. No one in our state has 8 + good 9 footers anymore that I would consider. Sad but true. Hope you and Dylan had a good Turkey day.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nope...................Not in CO. No one in our state has 8 + good 9 footers anymore that I would consider. Sad but true. Hope you and Dylan had a good Turkey day.
Bill, call Dan at Shooters in Olathe. He's got the tables, the space, everything you'd need.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no idea why you'd fight so hard to insert yourself somewhere you arent wanted.

Consider it a blessing in disguise...lord only knows why they show no interest. Leave it at that and move on.

There are plenty of troubles in life. Too many to go looking for extras.

Island Drive

Silver Member
Bill, call Dan at Shooters in Olathe. He's got the tables, the space, everything you'd need.

Thx,

I've personally have know em for years and have been there many times.

I'll toss that his way.

I just hate driving 600 miles one way across KS in winter. But I'll call em today.

Again, thank you.

Bill

Island Drive

Silver Member
I have no idea why you'd fight so hard to insert yourself somewhere you arent wanted.

Consider it a blessing in disguise...lord only knows why they show no interest. Leave it at that and move on.

There are plenty of troubles in life. Too many to go looking for extras.

That rang a bell.....as I've know Hellmer before, and after. Guess I'll have to have another steak at Meridys off I 70.

Attachments

• steak&crabb 002.jpg
    steak&crabb 002.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 173

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That rang a bell.....as I've know Hellmer before, and after. Guess I'll have to have another steak at Meridys off I 70.

Well shit, man. Not sure I ever stopped in KS. Definitely been through though.

Not sure how the steak is associated with the bold, but I'd eat that. Up to the edges, anyway. Yum.

Fuggin yum.

Island Drive

Silver Member
Why not Felt in Englewood? They have enough 9' tables and plenty of room.

Nope would rather go to Olathe................I contacted Dan/Carrie Tull and they said they will get back, just waiting for the call and we'll go from there.

I have a great relationship with Dan, I trust him, he supports the SPORT and that's very important to me and to the Venue I want to represent. Luke is waiting, we talked two days ago, email.

Alex thanks....but when I do Business I want to know the person. Felts does not have a Dan Tull in their house, too bad.

There is a HUGE difference between these two business models.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nope would rather go to Olathe................I contacted Dan/Carrie Tull and they said they will get back, just waiting for the call and we'll go from there.

I have a great relationship with Dan, I trust him, he supports the SPORT and that's very important to me and to the Venue I want to represent. Luke is waiting, we talked two days ago, email.

Alex thanks....but when I do Business I want to know the person. Felts does not have a Dan Tull in their house, too bad.

There is a HUGE difference between these two business models.
Dan is/has been one of the sports biggest assets in the Midwest. Great room, tons of tables, cue-maker(Doug Patrick) on site and legend Dave Matlock works there as well. It would be a great place for a qualifier. Centrally located and easy to get to by a lot of people. I hope it comes off Bill. I'll be there for sure.

Island Drive

Silver Member
Dan is/has been one of the sports biggest assets in the Midwest. Great room, tons of tables, cue-maker(Doug Patrick) on site and legend Dave Matlock works there as well. It would be a great place for a qualifier. Centrally located and easy to get to by a lot of people. I hope it comes off Bill. I'll be there for sure.

Can't wait tah go again. Dave and I were roommates in Konigswinter Germany 93?? I think, and became good friends. Our team consisted of Grady, Dallas West, myself, Dave, DiToro and Jimmy Wetch and Liscotti. Boy did we have fun. Larry shoulda won it. I'll tell ya the story in Olathe.