Old Micarta Ferrules?

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are there any around any more (you know, the old good stuff)? I haven't seen much about them lately.

Thanks,
Dave

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
PM me. There are a few 10-20 left that I know of, but don't think they are readily available. There is a story behind it. The stuff is not gold, just turns that color.

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Are there any around any more (you know, the old good stuff)? I haven't seen much about them lately.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave; it's funny you brought this subject up!

I was going through some of my Dad's old stuff last week, I found an old micarta ferrule, (yellowish) with a thick black pad on it!

I may take the pad off and put it on a shaft. It's actually long enough to have 2 'Carom' ferrules

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Me Runde told me the story.

I was going through some of my Dad's old stuff last week, I found an old micarta ferrule, (yellowish) with a thick black pad on it!

I may take the pad off and put it on a shaft. It's actually long enough to have 2 'Carom' ferrules

PM for details, lol. Everything that glitters isn't always gold.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Holy Chit, as name implies you are a hero, I don't play 3 cushion but would love to learn. One of my best friends doesn't care for pool but loves 3 cushion, I think there is one billiard table at the carrom room in Beloit in Wi. Rather sad to be honest, there was a snooker table in Madison when I was a kid, used to play more 9 ball on it than snooker but I loved it.

There is something about the way a non pocketed ball bounces out of the corner pockets on a snooker table, it makes you go WTF the first few times, lol.

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Holy Chit, as name implies you are a hero, I don't play 3 cushion but would love to learn. One of my best friends doesn't care for pool but loves 3 cushion, I think there is one billiard table at the carrom room in Beloit in Wi. Rather sad to be honest, there was a snooker table in Madison when I was a kid, used to play more 9 ball on it than snooker but I loved it.

Many years ago, Jerry Briesath's room on the second floor had 2 GC 3C tables. I played there a few times, won a little money, not much there back then.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
My 1st time

Many years ago, Jerry Briesath's room on the second floor had 2 GC 3C tables. I played there a few times, won a little money, not much there back then.

They were next to each other with the old school scoring above, that's the last time I tried, probably 20+ years ago, Ty for the memory. If you get to Madison or Beloit let me know my buddy is always looking for a game.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Hi Bill - hope all is well with you and your family. I think that would be a good idea to cut it into 2 carom ferrules. shoot em a picture of the finished product.

Peace. Out.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You are do MAN, Brent. I got your facebook message too and replied. I will have to talk to my buddy before pulling the trigger...but thanks so much!

Dave

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found what I was looking for for my friend, thanks to Brent!

Dave

Glad you located some. I have two that I've been holding
for close to a year. I'm waiting for the right cue and the
right shaft to have them installed on. Great ferrules, no
doubt. Congrats on your acquisition.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schon ferrules

Attachments

• Schon Ferrules.jpg
    Schon Ferrules.jpg