Run This (64)

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just for fun. How would you run these last 7 balls? Balls by the side pocket are 4 and 14, 2 and 12 nearest the right rail, 6 and 8 near rack, and 13 near foot rail.

Screenshot - 1_6_2017 , 5_08_36 PM.jpg

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just for fun. How would you run these last 7 balls?

(It would be easier if the colors were more distinct. You seem to have two 8 balls and two 10 balls on the table.)

4 in side
12 lower right corner
13 in left corner
8 in lower right corner
14 in the side
2 in the corner
break with the 6

Unless I really have the speed of the table down, I don't like a side pocket key ball here. 14-2 at the end allows a lot of error.

Last edited:

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
(It would be easier if the colors were more distinct. You seem to have two 8 balls and two 10 balls on the table.)

4 in side
12 lower right corner
13 in left corner
8 in lower right corner
14 in the side
2 in the corner
break with the 6

Unless I really have the speed of the table down, I don't like a side pocket key ball here. 14-2 at the end allows a lot of error.

Dito (exact same pattern I'm seeing). Also, I tend to avoid side pocket key balls no matter what, that is, even on tables I know well unless there's a lead ball (triangular stop shot end pattern to get to the key and break ball) or they're close(r) to the pocket (greater margin of error). I've never quite understood why side pocket key balls (in isolation, without lead ball or K2 - key-to-the-key - ball) are among the most frequently depicted in books on Straight Pool, I mean, generations of aspiring players must have been misled by those diagrams (= into thinking side pocket key balls top the list of what to look for…). Also, 14-2 is the type of scenarios that allows players of any height to get the cue ball to where they can comfortably reach (e.g. I'm short, so I don't like to be forced into accepting a stretch only because I got iffy/off-straight on a middle pocket key ball).

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Last edited:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

4 in side
12 lower right corner
13 in left corner
8 in lower right corner
14 in the side
2 in the corner
break with the 6

+1

Looks like the simplest path.