Chalk Stuck on Newly Cleaned Balls

LeBilliards

Registered
Happy Friday!!

Mod(s). I sincerely apologize if I may have posted in the wrong forum. If so, kindly move to the appropriate forum. Thank you.

I have a DYI ball cleaner. I used the Aramith Ball Cleaner. I let it clean the balls for 10mins. Once done, the balls are spotless. However, after a few hits. The chalk sticks on the ball. What causes the chalk to stick so quickly and how can I prevent this?

Please advise. Thanking you in advance....

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like you played with your balls too soon/LY.

They need to sit a while, so the polish cures.

I usually polish after a session of play, so they are ready for the next round

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No idea, sorry.

Try emailing aramith.

Kidding. Their lack of responsiveness is legend, up in here.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Happy Friday!!

Mod(s). I sincerely apologize if I may have posted in the wrong forum. If so, kindly move to the appropriate forum. Thank you.

I have a DYI ball cleaner. I used the Aramith Ball Cleaner. I let it clean the balls for 10mins. Once done, the balls are spotless. However, after a few hits. The chalk sticks on the ball. What causes the chalk to stick so quickly and how can I prevent this?

Please advise. Thanking you in advance....

Don’t you think it’s time to tell us what kind of chalk you’re using?

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
All my sets do this and always have, the problem gets worse the older the balls get. My Cyclop set resists these marks the best but sooner or later they succumb.

I quit chalking my break cue and that has a huge effect on how soon the chalk transfer takes.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll suggest something that might be quicker. After you polish them, rinse them with water and dry them completely. Make sure there is no polish residue on the balls.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Run them without adding the aramith product. Spray some water on them for lubrication. Only use the Aramith once in a blue moon, and when you do use way less than you think you need.

My .02 from a lesson learned.

Good luck.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Run them without adding the aramith product. Spray some water on them for lubrication. Only use the Aramith once in a blue moon, and when you do use way less than you think you need.

My .02 from a lesson learned.

Good luck.

That’s pretty close to what I do.

AF pool guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I must be dyslexic cuz everytime I see this topic I read it as “Chuck Stall...”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk