A) no

B) Yes using a jump break

C) Yes using a jump cue

D) only when startled

Sarnia Shorty

He's going to the bag
Silver Member
Woohoo, first vote.

I used to use a Bungee, but I have recently aquired a Terminator that I like a lot better.

Systim6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where is the "Jump full cue" option? thats the only way I jump. Any monkey can use a jump cue.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Similar advice

and after asking politely "how high dear"

Mostly I kick. I will jump with full break cue with a hard tip. Often to start a multiple rail kick.

[When I went to Army basic training-My Dad's advice: When they tell you to jump-just ask how high. It was good advice. Often the right move in marriage if the reward is good enough.]

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Do I jump?, yes and I'm so good at it, the cue ball goes right off the table some times. Ok I lied, most times.

Just got a new Jacoby in trade and practicing with it.
Check em out, well made for the money.

I'm also very impressed with the Lucasi Air Hog. Can do very short hops with all most no effort at all. I've never been able to do that with any other cue.

8up

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maniac and mm4pool "E" was a given

donuteric I think most use it as a last result

Systim6 I can jump with a full cue as well but it is more work. Dad taught me to work smart not hard:grin:

I can not jump with a leather tipped full cue. But will a cheap J&J jump cue I have managed to jump from 1 1/2 balls away. I have not been able to use the dart stroke to jump.

The Schwartz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a McDermott Jump/Break but I only break it down if there's absolutely no way I can kick at the OB. I can't jump very well so I don't like to try. Oughta practice those sometime I guess...

Derek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Systim6 I can jump with a full cue as well but it is more work. Dad taught me to work smart not hard:grin:

Don't disagree with that but I find it more satisfying & crowd-pleasing jumping with a full cue since everyone and their mother has a short stick now. Just choke up on the full cue and it's not too much different. If the jump is tight, then I just go with the kick to try and emulate Efren (which, of course, it never works out that way).

8up

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know some who use a jump break because a jump cue is short and therefore will not reach the table where their cue holder sets.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Where is the "Jump full cue" option? thats the only way I jump. Any monkey can use a jump cue.

Whatya got against monkeys?
I use full cue for the gay apa but a jumpy whenever it is allowed. We can play a game of horse, me with a jumpy and ANYONE with a full cue. I'm the favorite -end of discussion.

8up

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In APA I can play, break and jump with the same cue with phenolic tip. But I am not willing to give up control of whitey just for the times I could jump.

Now in tournaments I use a J&J jump/break but never break it down to jump (I would love to have a dedicated break cue). I use a J&J jump cue. I use J&J because I have a very limited budget and am not sure a more expensive one would be any better.

Murdoch7627

Frank Reid aka "Fly Man"
Silver Member
Now that I have a Lomax jump cue the answer is YES! Before the Lomax jump cue the answer would have been no. :thumbup:

Systim6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We can play a game of horse, me with a jumpy and ANYONE with a full cue. I'm the favorite -end of discussion.

Are you SURE you really want to take that bet? You only get to use a jump cue and I'll use a full cue in a game of horse? I hope your good at shooting regular shots with that little stick, hahaha.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
When you put it that way, no -I'd get my butt kicked! Let me clarify, that would be a game of jump horse? Jump shots only! Good point sir.