delta 13 select sanding down edge???

icemanfred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HI
I just go the delta 13 select.
I must say it is better than I thought it would be.

I noticed a slight edge on one joint.
I was wondering if anyone has just sanded down any edges they encountered.

pics to follow

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Without even seeing the pics, I say no. Its not normal for them to have any rough or misaligned edges. I would be more apt to send it back for a replacement before I started sanding on it to make it even. :thumbup:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It is damaged. Most likely dropped. Or tampered with. Call and return

Last edited:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Don't do it.

You will break through the hard anodized finish and it will never be right afterwards.

Contact the vendor.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is one thought before you contact the seller. Loosen the screws at that corner, and see if there is enough play in the holes to allow the corner to be aligned and retightened.

Let me know! :grin:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is one thought before you contact the seller. Loosen the screws at that corner, and see if there is enough play in the holes to allow the corner to be aligned and retightened.

Let me know! :grin:
Yeah it looks like it was tightened un-evenly. Loosen, square it up and re-tighten. If that doesn't do it get another one.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I go along with Chuck & Garczar, I think that will fix the problem. Since the parts are CNC'd, make sure there is no burr in there, that prevents proper alignment before re-alignment & tightening.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Call the company and/or send them the pictures. The alignment of the parts is what gets you the accuracy of ball placement. It's not clear that there is only a single, accurate way to screw the parts together. In fact I'd say that there is clearly at least one wrong way.

The arms have to produce exact 60-degree angles. Further, the planes of the faces of the arms have to all be perpendicular to the surface of the table. Most people don't have a way to check those two alignments.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Before you do that...loosen and the screws (all the way around). You might be able to adjust it into place.

icemanfred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for all the comments.
I am not sure how loosening and re tightening will help.
I assume the rack itself has been tapped with the threads and will re tighten to the same way.

I have contacted the seller. awaiting a response

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
thanks for all the comments.
I am not sure how loosening and re tightening will help.
I assume the rack itself has been tapped with the threads and will re tighten to the same way.

I have contacted the seller. awaiting a response

With all due respect to the other posters you did the right thing. If it needs to be returned they can't say you ruined it.

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are already willing to shell out $90 for a Delta rack, I highly recommend investing the extra $60 for the Elite. The engineering is so much better. But that's just me.