only for the instructor that has the answer

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member

The question is:

How can an end be put to all of the bickeing, snipes, spiteful arguments, twisted words, verbal attacks,, back stabbing, name calling, insults, etc. that some, obviously not all, but some of the instructors are partaking in on many of the threads on some of the forums?

Remember! The question is only for any instructor that has an answer. Please do NOT respond if you wish to partake in any of the aforementioned activites.

I would sincerely like to see an end to such totally non-productive activities. I think they only relay a very bad impression of pool instructors in general & does nothing to improve the image of cue sports to any new comer to the game that also comes onto AZB.

I think an 'armistice' should be called & agreed to by all, so as to promote what I thought was the purpose when I first joined AZB, which is better cue sports for the betterment of the game.

With restrained hope,
Rick

PS IMHO Any 'hidden' agendas should be put behind that of the main agenda, which in my opinion is to promote the game we love as best that each one of is capable of doing. The game is what it is, but it would not hurt to give it a 'B-12' shot in the arm. We all should be at least civil to one another as members of the cue sports community. 'In fighting' will only hurt & hold back the game, not help it.

PSS I mean no offense to any instructor nor to anyone in general. I'm just trying to help us all here on AZB & in doing so hopefully help the game a bit.

PSSS Maybe there should be a code of ethics to which all of us on AZB, not just instructors, should subscribe. If a FedEx employee does anything to disparage the FedEx image while in a Fedex uniform, that employee is gone from Fedex faster the they can say, 'but'.

I sincerely hope this helps & does not fan any 'flames'.

Last edited:

Uski

PBIA/ACS Instructor
Silver Member
hello english im new on here so if theres anything i can do for u jus let me know :)

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
hello english im new on here so if theres anything i can do for u jus let me know :)

Thanks. I appreciate that, but I'm just a newbie, 'nobody' on here. (June 2012) There is nothing that I can really do except to offer my honest perceptions & opinions in hope of awakening the awarensss. The real action has to come from within each one's self or the authorities that be. I'm sure everyone would rather keep the authorities out of things but...sometimes they are a necessary entity.

Thanks again for your honest & well intentioned offer.
Rick

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You obviously tried to keep it going after it ended in the other thread. That didn't work for you, so you felt you had to start a whole new thread in the hopes of starting it again?? FAIL You are too easy to see through. :rolleyes:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
You obviously tried to keep it going after it ended in the other thread. That didn't work for you, so you felt you had to start a whole new thread in the hopes of starting it again?? FAIL You are too easy to see through. :rolleyes:

With all due respect, you are incorrect. It is not all about you. Please re-read this thread topic, the request, & the sincere sentiments.

Do you have an answer to the question?

This thread was certainly NOT directed toward you specifically. It was done in the plural form. From your response here, you yourself associate yourself with the 'topic' of this thread.

That is part of the problem. There are too many that think they are clairvoyant & can read minds. I think you might feel as though you were being ganged up on in the other thread. Everyone does not have to agree. We can disagree, but we should do it civilly. I think the thread you refer to got out of hand on many fronts. So did Mr. Wilson, I ssume, as he suspended the thread. The other thread topic has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. How can you logically make that association?

PS I guess I chose a side in the other thread. That is my 'right'. If it comes out that I have made a poor choice, I will certainly sincerely apologize.

PSS I sincerely request that this thread be discussed in a gerneric form. No calling out names or name calling etc. Please give your extreme best effort to comply with this request?

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i am not an instructor
so i appologize for responding when you only wanted instructors responces
but
i go to this forum alot and consider myself a student of the game
compared to the main forum the level of "flame wars"here is barely at a simmer compared to many forums ive been to
the digs are not sent with stiletto sharpness
fwiw
i didnt think scott was offensive to you
although i dont know your history and therefore could not read between the lines
i dont think fran likes me either
but we have had civil correspondence
all in all what im trying to say is
i think in this forum
we are all one happy dysfunctional family:)
jmho
icbw
:grin:

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rick, I think you may as well ask the question on how to end all war in the world. People will never learn to get along. Look around you: The main thing that binds people together is their mutual hatred for other groups of people. Find them a common enemy and they will become the best of friends.

So why should a simple little forum be any different than the state of the world?

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Rick,

I don't know the answer. People disagree, that's part of life. IF one tries they can find fault with anyone else but IF they try to, they can probably find the good in that same person.

Sometimes in these cases the arguments in threads can be quite entertaining if one remains objective. I try to pull my recliner up to the mountain for a better view and always bring a big supply of popcorn.

I don't think there is a solution to your question. People will argue, be insulted, insult, disagree etc. It's human nature.

The best answer I can give you is try not to take it personally.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Rick, I think you may as well ask the question on how to end all war in the world. People will never learn to get along. Look around you: The main thing that binds people together is their mutual hatred for other groups of people. Find them a common enemy and they will become the best of friends.

So why should a simple little forum be any different than the state of the world?

Fran,

You may well be right. I'm new (June 2012). At least now my conscience can rest, as I have made an honest, sincere attempt to improve the AZB environment.

Maybe it will happen one mind or one heart at a time. Maybe one every 3 or 4 months. Who knows.

Best Regards,
Rick

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Rick,

I don't know the answer. People disagree, that's part of life. IF one tries they can find fault with anyone else but IF they try to, they can probably find the good in that same person.

Sometimes in these cases the arguments in threads can be quite entertaining if one remains objective. I try to pull my recliner up to the mountain for a better view and always bring a big supply of popcorn.

I don't think there is a solution to your question. People will argue, be insulted, insult, disagree etc. It's human nature.

I appreciate your response & your opinion. It seems some feel or think that I have asked this question in response to a personal issue that I have encountered. I did not. I asked this question after seeing so much incivilty appear in the threads as of late in hope to raise awareness & maybe at least lessen it in some small manner.

Rick

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Rick,

I appreciate your response & your opinion. It seems some feel or think that I have asked this question in response to a personal issue that I have encountered. I did not. I asked this question after seeing so much incivilty appear in the threads as of late in hope to raise awareness & maybe at least lessen it in some small manner.

Rick

PGHteacher

John Fischer
Silver Member
Some arguing is healthy

The reason I did not participate in one of these threads was because it was too "war like" for me. I felt like saying "hey is the gunfight over yet because I have an honest a goodness question" but I felt like there would be one more stray "bang-pop-chung-poo-whong" shot at me like at the end of a Buggs-bunny cartoon.

Some arguing is actually healthy among people as any HR expert will tell you, if you know anything about management it is how the highest productivity results because those people that have mild augments and disagreements are more motivated to do research and to "put more effort" into their work to "outdo" the other person. So being "nicey-nice" to everyone is not only impossible but this board would not be healthy interaction and would certainly be less productive than it is right now. This isn't Mayberry and it wouldn't be as good a place if it were.

OTOH there is the "too much bickering" side of it to, IMHO this section has a nice balance (for the most part). Over there in the main forum & aiming conversation you will read posts like "OH and BTW just FYI, you're a mother*&^%$# stupid A$$*&$#, and I hope you have a heart attack & die so I don't have to read your F*&^%#^ Bull$#@^ posts anymore. OTOH in some cases saying "ok you're a fu*&^*& nutcase" is the correct response to someone (remember poolkiller).

There is more than 1 reason people come on here, some come to learn about pool, some come to share their knowledge, some to be social, some hoping to get in an augment with someone else about something that they know more about/better (or think they do) and some to feed their ego.

Me I am here to learn, helping those who are not as knowledgeable as I am along the way is a means to that end, being nice to others is only something we can change about ourselves, you're not going to change how people deal with each other when they are behind the wheel of a car (insane isn't it?) or how people deal with each other when they own a cell phone (equally crazy huh?).

Start with yourself that is the only way you can effect any change at all, kudos to you because you have changed how you deal with others in the short time you have been a participant on this board; that is good to see, I am new to this board to, you at one point thought of not posting at all ever, I think after that your attitude changed, if even too slightly for you to notice yourself, good post BTW thanks for doing it.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member

The question is:

How can an end be put to all of the bickeing, snipes, spiteful arguments, twisted words, verbal attacks,, back stabbing, name calling, insults, etc. that some, obviously not all, but some of the instructors are partaking in on many of the threads on some of the forums?

Remember! The question is only for any instructor that has an answer. Please do NOT respond if you wish to partake in any of the aforementioned activites.

I would sincerely like to see an end to such totally non-productive activities. I think they only relay a very bad impression of pool instructors in general & does nothing to improve the image of cue sports to any new comer to the game that also comes onto AZB.

I think an 'armistice' should be called & agreed to by all, so as to promote what I thought was the purpose when I first joined AZB, which is better cue sports for the betterment of the game.

With restrained hope,
Rick

PS IMHO Any 'hidden' agendas should be put behind that of the main agenda, which in my opinion is to promote the game we love as best that each one of is capable of doing. The game is what it is, but it would not hurt to give it a 'B-12' shot in the arm. We all should be at least civil to one another as members of the cue sports community. 'In fighting' will only hurt & hold back the game, not help it.

PSS I mean no offense to any instructor nor to anyone in general. I'm just trying to help us all here on AZB & in doing so hopefully help the game a bit.

PSSS Maybe there should be a code of ethics to which all of us on AZB, not just instructors, should subscribe. If a FedEx employee does anything to disparage the FedEx image while in a Fedex uniform, that employee is gone from Fedex faster the they can say, 'but'.

I sincerely hope this helps & does not fan any 'flames'.

A good question, thanks for raising this issue:

*I will continue my policy of pressing others for facts so I can respond/debate like a gentleman.

*Some debate is healthy as long as it is about the facts of billiards, and not someone's personal appearance and etc. Ad hominem attackers should be warned and then banned for a temporary time or permanently IMHO.

*Unfortunately, it is in the nature of some to be low or conniving when arguing. My standards are Christians standards for treating and respecting others. The problem will continue at forums Internet-wide until more people conform to godly standards of decorum.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Fran may be right, but...

I agree with your comments, except for the line in bold. Sounds like you have given up and given in to all the negative forces in the world.

Donny L
PBIA/ACS Instructor

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Christians standards only?

A good question, thanks for raising this issue:

*I will continue my policy of pressing others for facts so I can respond/debate like a gentleman.

*Some debate is healthy as long as it is about the facts of billiards, and not someone's personal appearance and etc. Ad hominem attackers should be warned and then banned for a temporary time or permanently IMHO.

*Unfortunately, it is in the nature of some to be low or conniving when arguing. My standards are Christians standards for treating and respecting others. The problem will continue at forums Internet-wide until more people conform to godly standards of decorum.

Maybe you could devise some kind of spam filter that prevents non-Christians from posting on AZ. Cuz no Christians are aggressive, rude, or close-minded, right? Problem solved!!

Donny L
PBIA/ACS Instructor

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
John & Matt,

Thanks, I appreciate your input & I agree with almost all that you two have said here. You two know that you are not the fuel that provides substances to the 'flames'.

John, my previous 'attitude' was an exception & certainly not the rule. In high school gym class a fellow student that I had to line up next to was a hard case. He was always messing with me, trying to goat me. I did not want to get into any trouble by getting into a fight with him but I also could not let his behavior toward me continue as it was escalating. So, one day when he was messing with me, I put a 'wrist palm' into his chest as hard as I could, knocking him back about 3 yards & told him to leave me alone unless he wanted some more of that. From that day on, he was very cordial to me & I to him. My earlier 'attitude' may have been a similiar response.

I have made a concerned effort to not succomb to that again. Believe me it has not gone unnoticed. It is a conscious commitment to, at least, make the effort. Will I slip up? Maybe. Have I had occasion to do so? Certainly. Have I refrained?
I believe that I have but perhaps not perfectly.

Like Rocky said to the Russians, 'If I can change, then you can change...we can all change'. For the better, I hope.

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Mr. Lutz,

I appreciate your input & I agree with you.

I sincerely doubt that Fran has completely given up or at least, I hope not. Although, I'm fairly sure she may very well be worn down. I think she will brush herself off & make at least one more stand. 'Champions' do not give up. It simply is not in them. But sometimes, their spirit can go dormant for awhile.

Thanks again.
Rick

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with your comments, except for the line in bold. Sounds like you have given up and given in to all the negative forces in the world.

Donny L
PBIA/ACS Instructor

Donny, recognizing the truth doesn't mean giving up. It means recognizing the truth.

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
I was going to start a thread in the main forum but this one is close enough. Let's see how it goes.

The best instructor is the best student who also has the best communication skills. Think about that...the best student is the best instructor if he/she can communicate what they have learned.

As far as I am concerned, there are dozens of fine instructors on this forum who have never received a dime for giving pool instruction, but that does not diminish their ability to learn, teach, and communicate.

The solution to the back biting and crap that goes on?

As stated by others, people are people and I doubt that will change much in our lifetimes. So we will continue to fight. But if each and every one of us work to be better students then we will improve our ability to teach and understand each other. As we improve so does our environment...

Fire away! :thumbup:

Ken

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was going to start a thread in the main forum but this one is close enough. Let's see how it goes.

The best instructor is the best student who also has the best communication skills. Think about that...the best student is the best instructor if he/she can communicate what they have learned.

As far as I am concerned, there are dozens of fine instructors on this forum who have never received a dime for giving pool instruction, but that does not diminish their ability to learn, teach, and communicate.

The solution to the back biting and crap that goes on?

As stated by others, people are people and I doubt that will change much in our lifetimes. So we will continue to fight. But if each and every one of us work to be better students then we will improve our ability to teach and understand each other. As we improve so does our environment...

Fire away! :thumbup:

Ken

Ken, if you don't mind explaining a little more: what does this mean to you: "people are people"?