i predict a surprise tomorrow Mosconi Cup...

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These guys on the team are all seasoned. This venue that they are playing with is pretty brutal.

Just like if you were gambling and raised the bet from $100 sets to $5,000. It would take you a set or 2 to get comfortable with the new money amount and keeping the focus.

I predict that they will all play much better the 4th day. Might be a little too late but I think they will win more than they will lose on day 4. Like I said these guys are all seasoned and are getting more comfortable with the venue each day.

Mark Wilson has done a great job putting this team together. I'm sure he knew it wouldn't be easy. Sometimes it's hard to imagine what your up against until you get there and experience. Mark has been there as a player and knows but none of the other guys have. Until your there and experience it, it can really be a game changer with your focus. It's been an eye opener for them to say the least.

I think they will settle down the fourth day and play much better. The focus will be better and they will be able to adjust to other things they need to like the new cloth.

Just the timer beep that goes off when the time is running down can be a huge distraction. You need to have a beeper going off while your down on a shot just to get used to that darn thing.

The trip, the travel, the sleep and how they get there can all be a factor. Just like football teams in college or the pros for that matter.

I'm going to watch tomorrow and enjoy.

Bottom line though is each and everyone of these guys are representing us with great pride. I know Doc, Mark, Justin and Justin and Shane personally. I've met John but never talked and know he's one stand up guy just like the rest.

Go get'em guys. We're all in your corner with you.

Can't hardly wait until tomorrow. Good Luck.......

We're all watching and living it with you together...............;):thumbup:

Oh and by the way. I'm still hoping for an upset. Pound for pound I think we match up pretty good.....

Look out. anything can happen tomorrow. Be careful Europe. USA has 2 bullets left.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Right on. Let's try to finish strong. We'll have to cheer just a little harder, that's all.

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if we can just win the lags and get the rolls instead of team Europe the day will certainly turn out different!

SandFox

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly never expected USA to win this year I just wanted to see everyone play well and get along doing it.

DionBakasushi

Eternal Challenger
Silver Member
Im always rooting for USA even though they decided to stick with two of what Jim Wych would call "Amateurs" . I mean it's a pretty good fight . By this time last year USA was down 8-2 .
9-5 is still anyone's game , at least till the last 9 ball is deposited .

C'mon Murica !!!

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think it's important for the US that Shane wins his match against Daz tomorrow. If Daz wins, I think you'll lose 11-5. If it goes 9-6, you have a shot at at least making the Euro team sweat.

DionBakasushi

Eternal Challenger
Silver Member
I think it's important for the US that Shane wins his match against Daz tomorrow. If Daz wins, I think you'll lose 11-5. If it goes 9-6, you have a shot at at least making the Euro team sweat.
Yeah that is true . Every match tomorrow is going to be a crucial one . Chances of a comeback will definitely drop significantly if Team Europe reaches the hill first from a mental aspect wise .

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if we can just win the lags and get the rolls instead of team Europe the day will certainly turn out different!

or if we can stop blowing opportunities when given to us like EEEUUUUURRRRROOOPPPPEEE doesn't do we could win. We've had opportunities ..theyre just better.

gehawe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well guys,
I am European (or more precisely: German :embarrassed2: ).

I liked what I saw.
The crowd is hefty on the Americans and that made surely a difference at some points in the game. Otherwise, I saw great sportsmanship (compared to last year) and a better Team Spirit among the Americans.

I agree with Gene: The americans are all seasoned players that have seen their share of battle ground. There is just one tiny little bit that you might want to consider: The Europeans are also seaosoned. ;)

Therefore it's going to be tough tonight. However: Next year, the crowd will be on the other side. And it takes time to build a good Team - give Mark the Chance that he deserves.

... and if you want to do me a favour: don't blame it on bad rolls, what ever happens.

Now: let the flaming begin :grin:

Gerhard

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
At this point I am not really worried about not winning the cup, but my sweat bets are getting a little close. I can easily see USA getting to 8.

gr. Dave

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Or just, you know, play better...

We need both to win today! Even if we lose I am glad for the experience the two Justin's got from this! It will pay off in the future.

Honestly never expected USA to win this year I just wanted to see everyone play well and get along doing it.

Same here I am happy with it eing a competitive match. Is a new team and Euro team know each other well playing together in this stage so they have better chemistry. We nee to build for the future and I think thats what Mark W has in mind too.

Im always rooting for USA even though they decided to stick with two of what Jim Wych would call "Amateurs" . I mean it's a pretty good fight . By this time last year USA was down 8-2 .

C'mon Murica !!!

i actually happy they stick with them, very good exposure! I would have picked them over Cory and John and this point.

or if we can stop blowing opportunities when given to us like EEEUUUUURRRRROOOPPPPEEE doesn't do we could win. We've had opportunities ..theyre just better.

You had to go there huh? LOL True...

Well guys,
I am European (or more precisely: German :embarrassed2: ).

I liked what I saw.
The crowd is hefty on the Americans and that made surely a difference at some points in the game. Otherwise, I saw great sportsmanship (compared to last year) and a better Team Spirit among the Americans.

I agree with Gene: The americans are all seasoned players that have seen their share of battle ground. There is just one tiny little bit that you might want to consider: The Europeans are also seaosoned. ;)

Therefore it's going to be tough tonight. However: Next year, the crowd will be on the other side. And it takes time to build a good Team - give Mark the Chance that he deserves.

... and if you want to do me a favour: don't blame it on bad rolls, what ever happens.

Now: let the flaming begin :grin:

Gerhard

The European squad is way more seasoned for MC and this environment. Only Shane in USA can match that level of seasoning for this stage in USA team. At least IMHO

gehawe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry Gene, miracles are hard to find nowadays.
Sorry for Team USA, happy for Team Europe.

Shane just clicked into gear when he made a big miss. Thant cemented the outcome!

Looking forward for next year - And I predict: it will be closer!

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
The trip, the travel, the sleep and how they get there can all be a factor.

Geno, don't make excuses. Team Europe has to fade the same when they travel to the USA. Obviously, it doesn't seem to affect them in any adverse way.

If you are compelled to make excuses, try and find a better one at least. It's not like they fly in and hit the table in a few hours.

They have ample time to adjust. Nothing is stopping them from sleeping during the flight at normal sleeping times.