bad Gabon ebony

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
It took a while to grow on me, but now I like figured ebony.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for looking!

Larry Vigus

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice! Love those veneers too! But yes, black ebony is cool but I love some good figured ebony too. Part of the appeal of wood is the unique character that you can get from it.

ToomnyQs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Top shelf Larry.. Always looking forward to what you will come up with next. I love the look of your cues and they play outstanding.

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those veneers are looking pretty crisp. I also agree on the Ebony, a little character makes things interesting. Nice work!

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel like the demand for jet black ebony was kind of like craze for super white shaft wood a while back, except it's stuck around much longer. I'm glad to see this post Larry. From a respected builder like you, this is a good point of view to share.

For those who haven't seen it, here is an awesome video about sustainable ebony harvesting practices by a company that makes excellent guitars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anCGvfsBoFY

Also, beautiful cue man!

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a great video. Congrats to Bob Taylor. Just goes to show, Larry is always on the cutting edge. :thumbup:

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
Very nice............I'm always impressed with your work and how you put a different twist on it.

JimmyK

L.C.Hui

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes the uglier the wood, better looking the cue :D
Congrats to the owner. Larry's work is top notch and plays good too.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The cue looks great. I really like your ring work in that one.

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
What a great video. Congrats to Bob Taylor. Just goes to show, Larry is always on the cutting edge. :thumbup:

If by cutting edge. You mean to cheap to through anything away. Yep! That's me.

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Larry

Last edited: