what's the best chalk you ever used? me KAMUI CHALKS

joyren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well i have been using Cosmo (Japan but discontinued already) and Longgoni chalks (still in the market) lately but wait till you tried this new chalk it's works magic the natural color is white, but when you chalk it into your tip, it turns blue
well it will be available next month form our end, can't wait to buy more, it's kind of expensive

also the chalking the tip no need to be to heavy, just light brushes, chalk will adhere to the tip already
why i say this, if anyone using a mezz di-pro, or di shaft as their break cues, any chalk would not adhere to the surface, but when you used this chalk, take note the chalk adheres perfectly and you can draw the cue ball, isn't it amazing!!!

now take note if your using Black kamui tips why you always miscues? use their new KAMUI Chalks the best ever chalks you will ever used, i dont know if it is out in the market already

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Woah calm down there.
Ive tried it but it was soft and oily and felt like I was chalking my cue with foundation. Its definitely a novel idea but not worth the asking price imo.

hitandapick

i like pie
Silver Member
only one

every so offten a new tip comes along and people hit it like a band wagon.

but the test of time has proven there to be only one "MASTER" chalk.

as for all the kamuli high. i still shoot with a sniper and most prolly will till they stop making it. but to each there own i guess. lol

evanandpeaches

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cheap good old fashioned blue masters. I have tried them all with an open mind and I still carry masters in my case.

The_Rookie

Bear Down, Chicago Bears
Silver Member
I only carry blue Diamond chalk in my cue cases. I like using that more than master.

BFrench501

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Master is okay but I dont like how it feels once it wears down. But I use it because its the best chalk.

Taking away Pioneer and Superpro which are the obvious BAD chalks (regular seen in UK in sport shops and with crappy cues), the pricey ones that I hate are Silver Cups. Crumbly as you like, packaging is poor and the chalks virtually fall out of the wrap they are in and gets over my hands and the ferrule a lot easier than Master chalk.

Green triangle chalk is good for snooker but don't like it for pool, and the blue one is too crumbly again.

crappoolguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Green Triangle for me. Chalk is just chalk imo and doesn't make too much difference unless you're using that really cheap stuff :eek:

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
Woah calm down there.
Ive tried it but it was soft and oily and felt like I was chalking my cue with foundation. Its definitely a novel idea but not worth the asking price imo.

If that's the case I wonder if humidity will make it worse. I tried the blue diamond and after awhile I found it to be too thick and it got worse with humidity. Now I am back to using master green and master tan.

Blue Diamond goes on great but gets all over the table and balls, if you have a house table like I do you will get tired of cleaning up this mess.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Have you ever noticed that when you're wanting to chalk-up the cube is at the other end of the table? And, the cubes are usually gathered together in groups of three at the other end of the table when you're wanting to chalk-up. Wasn't there a thread about this very subject, quite some time ago? Weird, ain't it? :)

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
I had previously only used silver cup and master - and definitely preferred master to silver. However with a new cue purchase recently, the seller tossed in 2 cubes of blue diamond - so I decided to try it out. I don't think I would've forked out the extra cost per cube otherwise. I'm not sure what it is exactly about it, but I like it a lot. It seems "harder" than master; but at the same time "smoother". I get a great coverage on the tip - yet almost no dusting on my hands (which i would get using master). I'm gonna stick with the Blue Diamond for at least another cube and see how I like it in the long run.

I love my kamui tip and agitator; but I'm not buying their chalk.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you ever noticed that when you're wanting to chalk-up the cube is at the other end of the table? And, the cubes are usually gathered together in groups of three at the other end of the table when you're wanting to chalk-up. Wasn't there a thread about this very subject, quite some time ago? Weird, ain't it? :)

Yep. Its a conspiracy!!!

I keep my own piece of chalk with me, usually in my hand when I am playing. It is worn to the shape of my tip and I don't let the other player use it!!

I'm a chalk Snob :)

Charlie Edwards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Master works OK for me... after all, a chalk can only do so much. The best chalk I ever used was by Sang Lee. I don't know if it's even made now, but I just don't want to pay extra for something other than Master Chalk.