I started my cue collection

fbass4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll post a few pics of my young cue collection. I started playing about 8 months ago, and have been addicted in buying different cues since. I did not know it could be so addictive. Thanks to all who help with purchases.What do you all think? am I off to a good start. cues are dufferin,coker,vhante,olivier,worx,dufferin.
group2.jpg

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
Sell them all and buy a couple of custom cues. You will be hard pressed to get your money back out of your cues. I must admit they do look nice, but production cues will never appreciate.

TommyT

fbass4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr tommy T if you look at the pics you will see a Tom Coker, Jerry Olivier, Vhante, and two dufferin conversion by Ryan Theewen. Did I miss something? are those not custom cues? The viking,lucasi, and schon would be production, am I correct? Anyway I not looking to sell my cues. Does anyone buy there cues by how they look and play? not by how much money you can sell them for? I think if I was looking to make money, I could think of a lot better ways to make money beside selling cues.

Last edited:

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
fbass4u said:
I'll post a few pics of my young cue collection. I started playing about 8 months ago, and have been addicted in buying different cues since. I did not know it could be so addictive. Thanks to all who help with purchases.What do you all think? am I off to a good start. cues are dufferin,coker,vhante,olivier,worx,dufferin.
group2.jpg

Man, I really like what I see, and I would also be proud of it!!!!!!!

By the way, do not listen to anyone who thinks differently from you about your choices for your collection. Just follow your heart and buy what pleases you, because in the end that is all that matter's anyway!!!!!

Have a great day!!!!

Last edited:

cornerstone

Psalm 91:15
Silver Member
just collect what you like and I think you are doing fine!one thing about collecting is if you admire them thats all that matters.. I know a guy who collects old bottles and keeps the dirt on them as he finds them. and he loves them! Be proud and enjoy the hobby! God bless Bill;)

Pinocchio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
!!!!!!!!

Nice cues!!!! The way I see it your money-your cues. Collect what you like. I think Ryan's cues are a great buy.
Pinocchio

wawacue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice collection

fbass4u

nice cue & very nice pic's there too. don't worry about what anyone think of your collection. like everyone here just mention, collect what you feel, follow your heart & taste. what anyone of us like might not be your cup of tea same goes the other way around. keep up the good work, i'm sure is get addictive, like me, i can't stop buying cues. always looking for all the beautiful cues out there & i know i can't have it all but i try my best. good luck & post more pic's whenever you get new cue.

wawacue

ABall

Right behind you...
Silver Member
hitthe9 said:
do you like your vhante i had one made custom

I have one made by vhante also!! I get so many compilments on it. It hits great too. Nice collection!!!!!!:D :D

P1010387.jpg

P1010384.jpg

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
fbass4u said:
Mr tommy T if you look at the pics you will see a Tom Coker, Jerry Olivier, Vhante, and two dufferin conversion by Ryan Theewen. Did I miss something? are those not custom cues? The viking,lucasi, and schon would be production, am I correct? Anyway I not looking to sell my cues. Does anyone buy there cues by how they look and play? not by how much money you can sell them for? I think if I was looking to make money, I could think of a lot better ways to make money beside selling cues.
Sorry. I did say the cues looked nice. Someday you will understand where I was coming from. Enjoy your collection.

TommyT

Last edited:

gh8st

Registered
nice collection

Those are nice cues... I like the Worx cue with the butterfly points and the cocobolo handle.

I also just started a small collection and will be posting a couple of pics later on this week.

Thanks for sharing
gh8st

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tommy is looking out for your wallet

Many of your cues are production cues with a very high mark up. If you had been collecting custom cues by in demand builders your cues might be worth more to another buyer when you choose to sell.
It is hard to get 40% back on a production cue sometimes when and if you ever decide to sell.
Collectors sometimes don't think about these things until it is too late,often years later.
Your cue collection is very nice sir! Congrats.
Many colectors here have $5,000.00 or more invested in one cue and have 50 or more cues in that price range.
The advice they give is well worth considering.
Thanks for sharing and keep collecting! I like the Schon best!
Nick :)

tom haney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fbass4u said:

Yes, I buy mine to play with and not to sell. Nonetheless, when I
started I hadn't discovered custom cues. I bought 2 Joss, 1 a $625
cue, 1 Pechauer that retails for over $600, a nice Mcdermott,
a Lucasi, a Predator, 2 Quests, a Cuetec.
Then I discovered production- type customs. A $650 Jacoby,
Espiritu, Coker..
Then I discovered Mottey, Bender, Scruggs, Kikel.
Now I'd like to sell one of the Joss, the Pechauer,Lucasi, the Jacoby.
But I've got a lot more money in these cues than anybody's
willing to pay. I gave away the Quests and Cuetec and traded
the Predator in a fair deal, but I've got a lot more cues than
I need or want.
So... be selective.