Your playing cue vs playing off the wall?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... The other trick was to grab a crooked stick. Everybody rolled sticks on the tables, including me. Most wanted a straight stick, I wanted a good tip and halfway smooth shaft area so that usually meant a crooked stick that saw little use. When the tip jumped up and down an inch and I said "straight enough" it marked me as a pigeon.

Hu
It's remarkable how many people don't know how to make a bent cue play as if it is straight.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it's straight, has a good tip and doesn't have french fry grease all over it.
That eliminates a large number of house cues.

I suppose it depends on how serious you are about pool.

I have yet to see a serious match where either player used a house cue.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it's straight, has a good tip and doesn't have french fry grease all over it.
That eliminates a large number of house cues.

I suppose it depends on how serious you are about pool.

I have yet to see a serious match where either player used a house cue.

Lee Norton from Omaha played with a bar cue for 20+ years, I don't even know if he owned a cue. He would find a good one and they would keep it in the back room for him. He also used a scotch bright pad constantly and his tip would be 12-13mm and his shaft had to be close to 10-11 mm sometimes, those things got thin.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our little 29 Table Community Pool Room open next Tuesday, people will be crying. No House Cue, because of Covid -19.

No more then 2 people per table, on 1/2 tables will be used, because of Covid - 19.:angry:

No personal Cue, guess you can not play. :mad:

All House Cue have been sent to Covid - 19 Jail.:D
Hmm, no house cues and no personal cues? Whatcha gonna do, shoot 'em like big marbles?