What are you using to break?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've just been using my playing cue to break for now. Meucci butt+ob classic shaft+everest medium tip. Nothing I'm excited about..

So I'm considering a dedicated break cue.

Just curious what everyone is using to break and are you satisfied with it?

Montana Mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been tinkering around for a while now trying to get my break cue like I want. Now I have been using a customized Predator BK. I had a jump joint put in and I drilled out the BK2 shaft and had it filled with a wood dowel. Added an Aegis ferrule and hard tip and now I like it. I guess it isn't a Predator anymore but it breaks good, jumps good and straight and it fits me good so it looks like I will keep it until it breaks.

kelvinling

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Using a Mezz Power Break Pro with Pro-H shaft. I really enjoy the break with it. Guess after using my break cue for some time, I just can't get used to using other break cues.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fury J/B. european model, wrapless with 14 mm phenolic tip

but i'm gonna change to another model of fury j/b with 13 mm tip and a better grip

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Custom one off 8 point Nitti break cue. 14mm old growth 30+ ring count shaft. Proprietary synthetic tip.

Couldn't be happier.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
I've tried a number of different J/B cues over the years and I've been using a wrapless Omega J/B cue that I bought from Omega Billiards one year at the US Open. I had a Predator BK2 that broke as well or maybe slightly better than my Omega, but it was lacking the jumping ability. So I sold my BK2 to a good friend of mine and I've stuck with my Omega as my main J/B cue. I play a lot of 9 ball and having the ability to jump to get out of some safeties was the deciding factor for me choosing the Omega over my BK2 break cue. The Omega jumps as well as any jump cue that I've tried and it breaks the balls pretty well!

James

Thepip

David
Silver Member
McDermott Stinger jump/break
Samsara break tip
18.5 oz
Wood to wood joint 3/8x10
13mm shaft
Love the break stick would highly recommend it to anyone!

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Varney and Brick are by far the best j/b I have tried, and I tried lots of different break and j/b cues. BK3 is good too

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a Pechauer Break Cue.... great balance (forward weighted) & a great shaft. It has a Samsara tip

scottycoyote

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i mostly use an old gulaysy (sp?) sledgehammer i bought back when they first came out. Im not sure exactly what kind of tip/ferrule he used back then, but for some reason i can control the cueball better with it than the harder tipped break cues that came later. That said, i cant jump as good with it as a harder tipped cue, but no biggie. I can also attest to varneys being great break cues as well.

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
i second that

Varney and Brick are by far the best j/b I have tried, and I tried lots of different break and j/b cues. BK3 is good too

I have 2 varney break cuers and they are awsome. I just bought a brick jump cue. if his break cue is anything similar i bet it would be awsome.

IU Ames Mister

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked up a Joss Thor Hammer earlier this summer and I'm loving it. I'm able to control the cue ball much better than my previous break cue.

If I had unlimited funds, I would spring for a Mezz Power Break. My friend has one and it crushes the rack. A little pricey though...

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 2 varney break cuers and they are awsome. I just bought a brick jump cue. if his break cue is anything similar i bet it would be awsome.

it is a bit different but I like it, best jump cue I ever tried (when you break j/b down)

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
My Keith Kue, purple heart breaker... and my hopes and dreams... Sometimes my wifes purse helps too...:grin: