You have $4,000, what table do you buy?

gnaroz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would...

Watch AZ classified, Ebay and BilliardClassified and you will find a GC for a lot less than $4k. I got a GC IV for $1500 off Ebay, $200 for Simonis 860, $450 to have it moved and setup, new cloth installed by Jimmy Stanford of Brunswick and it plays lights out.

With the $$ left over you can get a nice Mottey :)

This was the responce from Jim when I asked the difference between GC tables

Gold Crown I are good tables .. they have pin slates so slates hold together better...but they dont have adjustable legs ..Corner casting are aluinum never tarnish nor do the legs..Just harder to work on .very heavy table...No Gold Crown II went from I to III..
Gold Crown III newer .. adjustable legs....Castings wear and discolor .. but can be sent away to be redone ....More desirable because its newer in style and will be more expensive ..Nothing beats a Gold Crown IV...Look for good condition on outside. Slate, cloth and castings can all be fixed ..get the best price and I can make it like new

Greg

metal5d

Pool Player
Silver Member
I ordered a Diamond Professional in Cherry today. I can't wait until it gets here in August. I have a lot of work to do in my basement in the meantime. Anybody good with Sheetrock?

Ron Musgraves

Registered
Buy a table from and event, diamond, gold crown. your choice.

I prefer gold crowns but if i had a house table the diamond would be my choice simply because it will play quiet.

check the USopen in sept and ask about pre purchasing one. A few years back they auctioned them for about 4000 deliver anywhere in the US.

the prices may have gone up or maybe down. one year a friend only paid 2200.

these are brand new tables played on, you may even get the pros to sign them.

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would buy a used Diamond, Gold Crown II, commercial Olhausen 9' table. The important thing for me would be to find the type of table that is being played on at tournaments. I could care less what it looks like as long as it plays good.

stroke

Banned
$$$$$

metal5d said:
I am trying to make a final decision on a table. If you had $4,000 to spend, what table would you buy and why?

I'd take $3,500 of it and stick it in an IRA and use the remaining $1,500 to buy a used table. There are trillions of these suckers out there. Some people are moving and MUST get rid of them. That's right, GET RID of them. They become 1,500lb liabilities when it's time to sell. lol.... For $1,500 you can get a *****en used, 9' table with all the accessories. :) Don't be no foo. Buy used.

9 ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I had 4k I would buy a brunswick metro table with championship pockets and simonis 860 powder blue tournament cloth.

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
stroke said:
I'd take $3,500 of it and stick it in an IRA and use the remaining $1,500 to buy a used table. There are trillions of these suckers out there. Some people are moving and MUST get rid of them. That's right, GET RID of them. They become 1,500lb liabilities when it's time to sell. lol.... For $1,500 you can get a *****en used, 9' table with all the accessories. :) Don't be no foo. Buy used.

We even have terrorists on AZ, what a family! :rolleyes:

If I give you $4000 can you buy me a $1500 table and give me $3500 back? :)

MFelsen

Registered
Of couse an diamond gold crown is an great table, but i would listen to what 9 ball said ;) .

he know`s what he is talking about and he surely has great experiences concerning different tables ... and playin` on them, too :)

jjinfla

Banned
stroke said:

I'm with you on that one. The novelty wears off and they become expensive desks for boxes and other stuff that will never be used again.

Besides, after you have a brand new one a week it is considered a used one.

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gamble!!!

What you should do with the $4K is match up with Lil Jon and play one game of one pocket for the Whole $4K. If you win go buy yourself a new GC4. If you lose you can always tell your grand kids you played the highest rolling gambler in the country for $4K a game.

stroke

Banned
jjinfla said:
I'm with you on that one. The novelty wears off and they become expensive desks for boxes and other stuff that will never be used again.

Besides, after you have a brand new one a week it is considered a used one.

LOL.... EXACTLY!
Oh, one more thing.... My Gold Crown is LOUD, even when I simply roll a ball in. When I hit one hard, it wakes the dead. I live alone and park my Harley in the kitchen, so no biggie, but you folks with a real life will need to take the, trouble-and-strife, into consideration. A nice table that you can't play on because the family must sleep every now and then, is just a showcase.

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
Hmmmm

stroke said:
I'd take $3,500 of it and stick it in an IRA and use the remaining $1,500 to buy a used table. There are trillions of these suckers out there. Don't be no foo. Buy used.

Why math was important in school. Enough said.

I wish I had a trillion tables at $1500.

That would be $1,500,000,000,000,000,000.00 worth of tables.

metal5d

Pool Player
Silver Member
I ordered a Diamond Professional in Cherry with the matching Light and Cue Rack. It will be here the second week of August. I will post pics then.