Shannelle Lorraine on Spike

DoomCue

David J. Baranski
Silver Member
She'll be on tonight giving lessons during tonight's SpikeTV movie. Saw a commercial last night during UFC Unleashed.

-djb

Firecracker

aka Crackalackin
Silver Member
My mom mentioned this to me last week, but I was unable to find any details on their website.

Though I would rather see a true player represent the sport, I am glad to see Billiards getting some attention. I hope that the table rack musters more attention than her rack on the spots tonight, but with Spike, I can't say my hopes are that high. :)

Spade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
watching it right now,
wow, she is really lovely! i love her voice and she soooo beautiful

Mowem down

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spade said:
watching it right now,
wow, she is really lovely! i love her voice and she soooo beautiful
She's not bad, but I think shes a bit chunky in the face, other than a few cup sizes I dont think she wants any of Jeanette on a good day.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Mowem down said:
She's not bad, but I think shes a bit chunky in the face, other than a few cup sizes I dont think she wants any of Jeanette on a good day.

She's not qualified to be Jeanette's case caddy. She is however very qualified for me to take her out to the Sizzler.

chazdillon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeah my friend was that lucky guy a while ago...shes not as nice on the inside as she is on the outside....most people arent though.

id take her mother to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again.

her only chance of making a ball drop is if some 13 yr old boy watches spike tv tonight.

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
If I was given a free ride in a sport I don't excel at all at, I suppose I'd be nice, too. That's what a spokesmodel does. Smile, promote, be nice.

Of course it wasn't talent that got her on television. It's her low cut top and Dragon Promotions' money that paid for the spot. Too bad they didn't do their research and get a real pro like Jennifer Barretta, Jeanette Lee, Sarah Ellerby, Jasmin Ouschan, Sarah Rousey, Angel Paglia, Ming Ng, or a ton of other female PROS who are not only beautiful but can PLAY.

Anyway, I see she's the #1 player in Guam. When did I miss the Guam National Pool Championships? Is this perhaps the ONE tournament she's ever won? Or is this like how Charlie Williams is the self-proclaimed #1 Asian American player despite there not having been an Asian American Championship?

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member
be nice

I thought it was a good piece.I would assume that Poison went to Spike execs rather then Spike asking her about pool,but I don't know.Certainly it is good exposure for billiards and a possitive all around.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tap, tap, tap...We need all the positive exposure we can get, for pool! Spike isn't interested in showing excellence in pool. They're interested in showing pretty girls with big boobs...Shanelle qualifies (and she didn't say anything the wrong way).

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

smoooothstroke said:
.Certainly it is good exposure for billiards and a possitive all around.

DoomCue

David J. Baranski
Silver Member
Wow. I didn't post this because of what Shanelle looks like, but because there's a pool player on TV. I would've done the same if it was Earl, Nick, Johnny, Mika, Jeanette, Allie, or any other pool player. Seems that some people are taking exception to Shanelle's appearance on Spike specifically because she hasn't proven herself on the table, but she looks good. Fair enough. However, keep in mind that this is SPIKE TV! I think most of the people who watch Spike are male and couldn't care less about whether or not Shanelle can play - they're only going to care about what she looks like. Based on that criteria, she's a great choice - the fact that she can also play a little doesn't hurt.

Take it for what it's worth - it's an appearance on a network whose main demographic is young males. Seems to me that DP did their research as far as that's concerned.

I can't see her appearance on Spike being a bad thing for pool, honestly. For us die-hard players, it really doesn't mean much because we know the truth about her ability. For non-players, though, maybe it means more interest in pool (but I'm not holding my breath).

-djb

cuekev

Thread killer
Silver Member
I thought she did a great job. Shanelle is articulate and relaxed in front of the camera. She seems more comfortable then the majority of the announcers during televised WPBA events and did absolutely nothing wrong while promoting a positive image of the game. I don?t know why there is a need to bash her.

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How dare her showing the "spit shot" to the world. Why not teach the guys how to slug rack, too! Thanks alot.

9 Ball Girl

aka Wendy
Silver Member
I hope it was worth recording! I recorded the Shanelle piece and unfortunately my DVR can only record 2 shows at the same time so I had to sacrifice House Hunters and I Love Money 2.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In defense of Shanelle, I think she was very professional. Her commentary was smooth she appeared very comfortable in the spots and overall I thought she did a great job. Of course she was there to show the younger crowd that some very attractive women are involved in pool and she did just that. Undoubtedly she was told how to dress and all that but I think she was confident and professional.
Good for pool!
Dan