Super Billiards Expo considering closing over pandemic

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope they hold off on making a decision because I have a hunch that at some point they are going to flip the script and tell the healthy but susceptible to quarantine, and have the rest of us get back to our lives.

Right now they clearly want to slow down the spread so we don't overwhelm the system but at some point they will want get this thing over with.

It could even make sense to have all our kids take a few weeks off from school and pass this thing around since it doesn't appear to affect them. We will need our kids to be immune otherwise we will be right back at square one in the fall.

Then again I'm a FargoRate 227 when it comes to infectious diseases as are most of us on here.

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That is one good looking GC1 pool table you got there! Stupid question - does it play as good as it looks?

I’m sure I’m biased but it’s the best playing table I’ve played on. Mark Gregory did the rails, all pockets 4.5”. More importantly to me is that I restored it myself, down to bare wood.

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
oh well. the human race cant keep beating these, eventually a strain strong enough that wont be affected by any known treatment will occur and well all die.

Not all of us. Just horrifyingly many of us. History is full of devastating plagues from before medical science had advanced to the point of actual effectiveness. They used to take out percentages of human populations that have become unimaginable in the days of modern medicine and hygiene. But we didn't go extinct.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank goodness.

Closing is a great idea considering we know how pool players are. People want it to continue are just being selfish.

If you guys get quarantine please don't sneak out to play sets.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m sure I’m biased but it’s the best playing table I’ve played on. Mark Gregory did the rails, all pockets 4.5”. More importantly to me is that I restored it myself, down to bare wood.
It’s awesome when you can say with honesty that your home table is the best table you’ve ever played on! I’ve got two tables here in our pool room – a 9 footer and a 10 footer and I feel the same way about both of them!

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Why haven't the moderators banned CocoboloCowboy from ever posting on this forum again?

This is off topic but where are you from originally cocobolo? What be your native tongue?

I’ve seen some odd posts from CCB cowboy but why the lifetime ban? For listening to L rushbough? The guy’s hilarious.. with his formerly nicotine stained fingers. I used to listen to him and Dave Ramsay when I was a cross country criminal. I’d take these month long trips by myself and visit a few states and it gets lonely as hell. Talk radio people were my friends on the road.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of ignorance and naivety on here.

I'm not telling people to panic but it's very simple. Don't go to large events and close large events down.

The ignorance on here is why we're in this position.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gotta be a tough call for Allen-I'm sure the SBE is far and away the bulk of his annual income. Well im not really sure but i'd bet on it.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is off topic but where are you from originally cocobolo? What be your native tongue?

I’ve seen some odd posts from CCB cowboy but why the lifetime ban? For listening to L rushbough? The guy’s hilarious.. with his formerly nicotine stained fingers. I used to listen to him and Dave Ramsay when I was a cross country criminal. I’d take these month long trips by myself and visit a few states and it gets lonely as hell. Talk radio people were my friends on the road.
He is simple. American.

Claims the school system let him down (!!)

Had LOTS of usernames here on Azb and been banned many times.

Got freebies donated for 'charity' and got busted by another azbro selling some, if not all.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wait I remember the charity thing like 10 years ago. Was that really a scam? I don’t remember it ending that way?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
He is simple. American.

Claims the school system let him down (!!)

Had LOTS of usernames here on Azb and been banned many times.

Got freebies donated for 'charity' and got busted by another azbro selling some, if not all.

Whaaa?? I’ve stopped myself from going grammar nazi on him several times because I thought sure he was South American or something, but the avatar had me wondering. The lingo is understandable but is often spelled out exactly the way someone ESL would speak.

Weird.

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A lot of ignorance and naivety on here.

I'm not telling people to panic but it's very simple. Don't go to large events and close large events down.

The ignorance on here is why we're in this position.

I'm certainly glad we have you to educate us than. So let's start with what position are we in exactly?

There's a virus that can be deadly. Ok that's nothing new, but is there something about this particular virus that makes it more contagious than other similar illnesses?

Is it more deadly than other, similar viruses? Correct me if I'm wrong, but as with other viruses we've dealt with, the effects are more serious on the elderly with other, underlying medical conditions, and the very young. Nothing new there either as far as I can tell. If you fall into this category beware and take the necessary steps to protect yourself and your loved ones.

Is it resistant to medical treatment, more so than other similar diseases for otherwise healthy individuals?

Should we take precautions? Of course, and the more at risk you are the more cautious you should be. Do we need to shut down the world and cause a panic?

There are risks in life, we balance those risks with our need to live our everyday lives. Keeping our economic needs, putting food on the table and paying the rent, etc..., in balance with our need to stay healthy and continue to take our next breath. I learned long ago not to play on the tracks but the playground has dangers too.

So what's the right balance in this case?

Please enlighten the ignorant, unwashed masses, with your obviously superior intellect. If you have nothing to offer but name calling though please refrain.

WoodyMPW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Governor just shut down Montgomery County. Not up to Hopkins anymore.

Last edited: