ICCS Show Cue

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Simply incredible. I can not believe how high the art of cuemaking has risen. Can it go any higher!?!?!?

mrinsatiable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks so much for sharing the pictures with us. It's a rare thing to see cues of that quality from the ICCS show up close and personal. Great design and spectacular execution.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Great Cue

View attachment 163083
Here is a picture of the cue I build to become a displaying cue maker at the International Cue Collector Show.The name of the cue is Twisted Pair.My friend Kiyo from Japan took the picture at the show. The cue is now in the Phil Whidham collection. Thanks for looking

Hi Pete,

I am very glad you posted this cue for all to see. It took the ICCS show"by storm" and was very, very well received by everyone. A truly memorable cue, and certainly one of the best cues to see the light of day in years. The silver work in the cue just does not show in pictures.

All the collectors at the ICCS show are excited that you will be displaying cues next year, and I know you took a large number of orders at this year`s show.

I would offer friendly advice to everyone, that Pete Tonkin is going to be a name that takes on ever increasing recognition around the world, and if you are thinking of having a custom cue made, you would enjoy the experience.....

As I did on a cue Pete completed for me recently. A highly complex ivory handled cue with more inlay work than the Taj Mahal, executed flawlessly and completely to my satisfaction. With regular pictures of progress throughout the entire construction interval.

As an aside, Pete won the 2010 ACA People`s Choice Award this year at Valley Forge.

Will Prout

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
isn't it nice to not only see world class cues,but also to hear from world class people
like will prout

read his message again,notice how he takes the time to praise and help a young artist.
most of us know will but for those who don't...he not only has one of the finest collections of pool cues in the nation,but he is an all around good guy,never too busy to
offer his timely and cogent recomendations,the kind of help that can really help a
cuemaker get the reputation he deserves

i know that i bought 2 really fancy cues by pete tonkin on the word of will without ever seeing an actual cue.

keep up the good work fellas

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
It is impossible to appreciate this cue through pictures. It is impossible to appreciate this cue in person. It's radioactive and you can only look at a few minutes at a time before your brain begins to fry from it's brilliance. This is one of those cues that you can hold and turn over and over and over and never be able to really take it all in. You know some cues have a pretty design with tiny inlays that took a long time to meticulously put in........and then there are cues that make you say HOW THE HELL WAS THAT DONE. This is one of them, to me. Everything flows so wonderfully and this, to me, is a fine fine fine example of cue art as defined by working within the confines of a "pool cue" shape and simply doing things that look impossible to pull off.

Pete is already one of the GREATS but it won't be long before he gets the recognition that matches the work he does.

pigsRflying

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr Tonkin, you are truly an artist and a craftsman
and probably have more patience than anyone on the planet. Simply beautiful.

Miller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is there a website or flier available somewhere that lists builders/vendors that will be at st. louis the show? thanks.
dustin miller

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Great.......

sorry to ask this question
how does it play???

I own four of Pete Tonkin`s cues, and they play world class. :smile:

He does not make cues to be wall hangers. First order of business is playability. With Pete, Form-follows-Function. :thumbup:

Will Prout

Miller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i apoligize if this is a silly question, but is this show just for cue builders to rub elbows and showcase their skills with 10/8 just being an exhibition? and/or will there be builders and vendors with booths set up for retail? thanks.

dustin miller

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
Show cue!

Your show cue is a master piece and it shows your craftsmanship and attention to detail. It's truly a work of art.......I never get tired of seeing high end cues like this one!

James

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
ICCS ...St. Louis...October 8

i apoligize if this is a silly question, but is this show just for cue builders to rub elbows and showcase their skills with 10/8 just being an exhibition? and/or will there be builders and vendors with booths set up for retail? thanks.

dustin miller

Dustin,

The ICCS show is set for October 8, at the Westin St. Louis Hotel in downtown St. Louis. Portions of the event are by invitation only, but there is a public showing of all the cues on display on Saturday, October 8, from 1:00pm-6:00pm. Admission fee is $10. No vendors, just cuemakers and exhibiting collectors.

13-15 of the world`s best cuemakers regularly exhibit at this event, and all cuemakers exhibiting will have their cues for sale, traditionally bringing their best work.

16-18 of the world`s top collectors will also be on hand with some of their high end cue collections on display, not for sale. These will include some of the most expensive, and some of the most historic cues ever built. Rare Balabushkas, high end Gus Szambotis, and many, many more will be on hand for you to photograph and enjoy.

All of the cuemakers and collectors are very accessible and love to talk about what they have on site, either on display or for sale. If you like custom cues, the ICCS is a fun event to attend.

If you have any questions, please send me a pm or email me on prout5809@aol.com and I will be glad to respond.

Will Prout
President, International Cue Collector Show

Last edited:

Overland Tom

Overland Tom
Another Prize Winner On The Way?

With the next ICCS coming up in St. Louis October 7-8, I happen to know that Pete is bringing a couple of new ones that will also be monsters. I can't wait to see them.

Tom