• Tadpole

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Other Under the $100 price tag

Votes: 20 45.5%

• Total voters

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
Which one of these jump cues whould you purchase???
All under $100 & I believe all under 10oz.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Unless there has been mucho redesign going on the only jump cue on the list under 10oz is the Jester....

It will perform the best on the jumps where you only have a chalk width to get up but on the full table jumps it will perform less well than the others on your list.... My choice would be the Bunjee but 1 saved my life in Birmingham once so I am a fan even tho I use a custom now.....

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I use a lucasi, though I'm currently using a modified j/j shaft on it. Busted the lucasi one night in a pissed off rage.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I agree that the Jacoby's are great jumpers, however, the base models are $125, I believe.

Two good friends of mine, both A players, bought J&J jumpers for thirty some-odd bucks at SBE in March and they can't believe how good these
work. I've sat and watched them go at each other, and let me tell you, they are safety maniacs and that cheapo J&J keeps working like magic.

And I don't mean just making good hits, these guys are potting balls from everywhere including jump banks and kicks.

Lethal weapon, for little money.

But the skill to use it is required. :smile:

Best,
Brian kc

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
Unless there has been mucho redesign going on the only jump cue on the list under 10oz is the Jester....

It will perform the best on the jumps where you only have a chalk width to get up but on the full table jumps it will perform less well than the others on your list.... My choice would be the Bunjee but 1 saved my life in Birmingham once so I am a fan even tho I use a custom now.....

Bunjee lists their jump cues at 8 1/2 onces but your right about the lacusi it's over 10 oz.
I've been kicking the idea around about picking up a jumper (never owned one).
Every search I've done it's always Lomax jumpers that get the raves.
I was just wondering what's the best all around jumper for under $100.

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best jump cue under 100 bucks is an Omega with a G-10 tip. A friend of mine has one and it is effortless.

hard-drive

Registered
I have a Bungee that I picked up on ebay a couple years ago brand new with two shafts, one with a phenolic tip (which I use) and one with a leather tip. Everyone I've let try it can't believe how easy it jumps and wants to buy it. I wouldn't mind trying a Lomax sometime but I'm not getting rid of this one!

cowboyup200560

Always lookin......
Silver Member
Jumpers

I will vouch for the j&j I bought mine here either here or on the bay (can't remember now sorry) for like 35 bucks shipped brand new. The local pool hall sell the full jump breaks for like 70 new and they jump just as well.

Jaday

Registered
I'll vouch for J&J's too. I had a jump/break model and it worked marvelously. One day I showed a friend of mine how easy it is to jump with it and he gave me $40 bucks more than I paid for it on the spot.

cowboyup200560

Always lookin......
Silver Member
tips

i will say though that the newer J&J's with the short white ferulle and brown phenolic tip jump better than the plain black phenolic ferulle/tip combos. If you find one with the combos for a reasonable price I would swap it for G-10

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I too agree J&J are really good for the price! Thay jump as good as anything, I use the one with plain black phenolic ferulle/tip,Very light aswell which helps!

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i forgot what he was charging but John barioni let me try out one of his jump cues at his house a while back. it was crazy easy to use. shoot him a pm and see what he charges

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree that the Jacoby's are great jumpers, however, the base models are $125, I believe.

Two good friends of mine, both A players, bought J&J jumpers for thirty some-odd bucks at SBE in March and they can't believe how good these
work. I've sat and watched them go at each other, and let me tell you, they are safety maniacs and that cheapo J&J keeps working like magic.

And I don't mean just making good hits, these guys are potting balls from everywhere including jump banks and kicks.

Lethal weapon, for little money.

But the skill to use it is required. :smile:

Best,
Brian kc

realistically, though, ones can usually be found for $100 (the ones without the extension). Those are great and my favorite if $100 is the cutoff. But, as mentioned, J&J works very well for like $30. I've owned both and the performance difference ain't much. It's mostly just aesthetics.

dave_k

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have the stealth, i replaced the tip(buffalo?) and ferrule with a pheonolic and seriously have never tried a better jumper.....i never use the extension piece.

i also have a sledgehammer jump break that jumps great but nowhere near as good as the stealth.

the stealth with out the extension might be the lightest jumper ive ever felt.

my vote goes to the stealth with a tip?ferrule change and never look back