Best Pool-Related Deal Ever

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
My best deal so far was my table. It was XMAS time 2011, I had just started playing pool a couple months earlier. I was looking at an Olhausen on Craigslist, I tried calling but got no answer. Went back to CL next day to get the number again and there is an 8 foot GC for $300.00. I knew the GC was a nice table cause I had played on one at the pool hall. My wife and I immediately went to buy the GC, I paid for it right away but could not pick it up for 2 days. The seller also had a floor standing double sided Brunswick cue rack, the one that matches the early GCs, a Hoppe Titlist, and 10 Brunswick 1 piece cues that he asked if I wanted along with the Centennials, Brunswick rack and Brunswick table brush. It was like a time capsule from the early 70s. Anyway when the guy asked if I wanted the cue rack and cues I said "no, I don't want that stuff". Luckily on the way home my wife asked why I didn't want the cues and rack, I thought it was just cheap junk but she informed me it was Brunswick stuff so I called the owner and told him not to throw it away, I will take it. Luckily the guy we bought it from was very honest, he had several offers for his table many times more than what we paid but he told everyone its sold.

picture.php

picture.php

The pics are right after we bought table. It since was stained, modified sub-rails, new cushions, and Simonis.

Go give your wife a kiss for urging you to get the accessories. You hit a home run on this package for sure.

and as angryturtle said, that rack is Jetson all the way. I've seen these before and love them. With the back to back setup, you have room for 24 cues. :thumbup:

and now you can look for the matching brunswick bowling alley chairs. :wink:

best,
brian kc

Attachments

• brunswick-chair-orange.jpg
    brunswick-chair-orange.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 436

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Go give your wife a kiss for urging you to get the accessories. You hit a home run on this package for sure.

and as angryturtle said, that rack is Jetson all the way. I've seen these before and love them. With the back to back setup, you have room for 24 cues. :thumbup:

and now you can look for the matching brunswick bowling alley chairs. :wink:

best,
brian kc

I have thanked my wife numerous times for her suggestion to take all of the accessories!!!! Rather than the bowling chairs I would sure love to find an older pair of Brunswick Billiard chairs. The pictures did not include my Brunswick light I bought from a seller on AZB. Although not as cheap as the table was I still consider the light purchase to be a steal and it compliments the table perfectly.
picture.php

BigFish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My best score ever was picking up some "Its George" cases at a bankruptcy auction. This was back around 2000. The business had about 30 various styled George cases, all new, that got auctioned off in groups of 3 or four. Myself and another gentleman ended up buying them all. I got 15 cases for approximately $500.
I sold 10 of them on ebay, probably averaging $450 per sale. I gave one to a good friend, and I still have the others.

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member
Wow, there's a bunch of great deals on a bunch of cool stuff here. I've been lucky enough to run into a few in my 25 years owning the pool room. The best would have to be the most recent. I'd been keeping a (quiet) eye on a place here locally that had gone out of business several years ago. When they were finally ready to sell out, I asked the guy running the show what he'd have to have for everything that said "Diamond" on it. There were 7 smart table barboxes, and 2 9 ft Professionals. He said "$500 per table", and I told him that if he would throw in the lights, I would buy them all. He did, and I did. RKC and Gordon Graham updated them for us and Glen said it was the best deal on Diamonds that he'd seen.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Wow, there's a bunch of great deals on a bunch of cool stuff here. I've been lucky enough to run into a few in my 25 years owning the pool room. The best would have to be the most recent. I'd been keeping a (quiet) eye on a place here locally that had gone out of business several years ago. When they were finally ready to sell out, I asked the guy running the show what he'd have to have for everything that said "Diamond" on it. There were 7 smart table barboxes, and 2 9 ft Professionals. He said "$500 per table", and I told him that if he would throw in the lights, I would buy them all. He did, and I did. RKC and Gordon Graham updated them for us and Glen said it was the best deal on Diamonds that he'd seen.

David;

So, basically, you bought 9 Diamond table lights and they threw in the matching Diamond tables?

No more calls, we have a winner. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

nice!

best,
brian kc

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I cannot give you more green but I would like too.

Mine is a little different, but was of great value to me. Mine was my wife finally accepting the fact that I was a pool player, but loved her more. And, that all I was doing when I was out playing was playing pool. From that day forward, I was free to play whenever I wanted to. Even took her to a tournament that I played in for her birthday! (of course, the little fact that I won $400 and gave it to her might have helped a little bit that time ;))

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
2006 US Open First Timers Luck

In 2006 I went to my first US Open in Chesapeake at the Convention Center.

Barry's daughter Kelly was raffling off a cue a Schon STL-4.

So she says Mister I have 13 tickets left how many of them do you want for $10?

I said 1. 13 is my lucky number.

I was playing pool at Q-Masters when she called and says. Is this the guy with the 2 first names? I said yeah whats up? She says, You won yourself a cue, come get it.

I paid $10 and bought some joint protectors for $15...I got a brand new STL-4 for $25.

Thats my best deal yet.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t have a great garage sale or pawn shop find to relate.

While the price would still be considered as high relative to other cues, I had wanted to acquire a Gus Szamboti cue for ~20 years, but had not found one that was even close to being considered as affordable. In 2006, one of his cues was not getting much attention on eBay, so I started bidding. Like many auctions, the prices changed rapidly as the auction came to a close. Not only did I win the bid for one of Gus’ cues at a reasonable price, but I won the auction by $1 over the next highest bid.

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Here's my list...
4 titleist 2 piece Willie Hoppe professionals. 1.99 each
Paul Dayton ebony nose ebony points leather wrap 40 bucks
Perry Weston BRW with all ivory points and inlays in butt and sterling silver lines 80.00
3 1994 Joss cues New in case, pawn shop, 280.00
Herman Rambow titleist and 8 point Hiolle ebony 100 for pair
Merry widow Ginacue, pawn shop, 50 bucks...

I still search every week for God knows what...

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
If you'd care to part with that Joss, EVER, PM me please. I'll even throw in a case of fudgescicles

Quote:

fantastic old school cues.

I want the TS.

Seriously!!

best,
brian kc

Thanks very much guys. Not for sale, but I'm glad others like old school cues as much as I do.

WW

Jamie Beaulieu

Registered
Got my first Bob Frey for $ 20

I was down on my luck and a buddy of mine sold me his 18 1/2 wood to wood Bob Frey Sneaky Pete, he had just got a brand new Filipi (sp) stick. Thank you Teacher Mark. I recently got the cue refinished by Bob and it looks brand new and hits like a ton, like it always has!!

There is a picture of it on http://freycues.com

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Around 1977, Dennis was pissed with his game and sold me: his eight-point Gina, three shafts, mit Gina alligator case.

$150.

Lou Figueroa