Breaking News: Lawyers, Loopholes, Covid 19 & Room Owners

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Folks will be homeless because their ability to pay mortgages/rent is being destroyed.

Did they not halt foreclosures?
Are utilities not allowing leeway?

Now, I'll agree that most americans will not be in a position to pay back debt if suspension of earnings goes too much longer...and I'd expect a response from the Federal level on this, when it comes time.

It is a HUUGE issue involving probably trillions of dollhairs. Especially if you let the mortgage companies claim years of interest on their current losses.

We are breaking new ground, sadly.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Like i said earlier, the number of US deaths DIRECTLY related to covid is WAAAY less than the numbers that the 'scare me-dia" puts out every day.

That's the kind of statement put out by political organizations and conservative bloggers as propaganda and feeds well into the conspiracy theories some people seem to prefer over science when facts don't seem very appealing.

Here's an article by Scientific American. The CDC also has strict guidelines on cause of death. I'm not putting this out there to argue with you, but I feel compelled to present another opinion because some people may take your statement as fact when it's not.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-covid-19-deaths-are-counted1/

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's the kind of statement put out by political organizations and conservative bloggers as propaganda and feeds well into the conspiracy theories some people seem to prefer over science when facts don't seem very appealing.

Here's an article by Scientific American. The CDC also has strict guidelines on cause of death. I'm not putting this out there to argue with you, but I feel compelled to present another opinion because some people may take your statement as fact when it's not.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-covid-19-deaths-are-counted1/
Before testing got going in any numbers a LOT of deaths were listed as covid-related when in fact the true nature was completely unknown. How many died BEFORE testing started?? CDC guidelines meant nothing then. And hospital did/do get THREE times the $$ for a covid patient. You trust a magazine and the CDC. Call me skeptical of both. This goes in NPR, i apologize to all. I'm out.........................

Last edited:

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best thing about this pandemic is how it provides such scope for people wishing to display their self-righteousness.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Canada:

The GP de Québec and GP de Montréal were due to take place on September 11 and 13, respectively. The events would have clashed with the rescheduled Tour de France (August 29-September 20) on the revised UCI calendar....

“These past few months, we have worked tirelessly to organize our races in strictest compliance with health requirements, striving to address the various scenarios and staying in constant touch with the authorities concerned,” said Serge Arsenault, president of the organising committee.

“Today, there are still too many unresolved questions – for example, opening of borders, mandatory quarantine, and authorization to hold public gatherings. To delay this decision any longer would have been neither responsible nor respectful of all the parties who have placed their trust in us since 2010.”

The GP de Québec and GP de Montréal have been a fixture on the WorldTour calendar since their inception in 2010 and they rapidly established themselves as a popular stop on the road to the World Championships.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What?

You won't take the USA #s as legit, but you are going to believe the others'?

And about the Fed mandating anything...again, they are trying t deal with this mainly from a State level. You bet your short-sighted patootie a Federal response is an option that has not yet been called upon.

So how is that dealing with it on a state level working out? Its clear that you don't support "short-sighted'' Federal responses like the ones that come from FEMA, FDA, EPA, USDA or the NATIONAL GUARD, ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE, MARINES??

As far as believing the numbers, I don't know what the numbers are and neither do you, we are all going by whats reported and if the numbers in other countries are reported by the same sources that report them here, that's all we got to work with.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't say there was no fed response.

As far as 'working out'... mostly due to the fact that deaths seem largely collected within specific demographics...could be better/ could be worse.

I doubt we are at the halftime yet. no answer until it is done.

I never claimed to know the #s, only asked you to hold all sources to the same standard.

So how is that dealing with it on a state level working out? Its clear that you don't support "short-sighted'' Federal responses like the ones that come from FEMA, FDA, EPA, USDA or the NATIONAL GUARD, ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE, MARINES??

As far as believing the numbers, I don't know what the numbers are and neither do you, we are all going by whats reported and if the numbers in other countries are reported by the same sources that report them here, that's all we got to work with.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You Can Deny & Disbelieve But The Morgue & Cemetery Counts Never Lie.

The United States is 4% of the world’s population but accounts for 26% of the total COVID-19 infections.
And with certainty, the body count will continue since the U.S. also accounts for 23% of the total deaths.

It took 99 days to reach a 1,000,000 infections from the first case in the U.S.......99 days to reach a million.
Then it took another 43 days before we reached 2,000,000 infections. That’s half the time to double in #.
After that, it only took less than 1 month, 28 days to be exact, to reach 3,000,000 infections, another mil.
Well, we cut that almost in half to 15 days before we reached the 4,000,000 infections plateau...Yahoo.

Anyone wanna start a pool on what the numbers will be for infections and deaths by Labor Day,
Halloween, Election Day....how about by 1/1/21? Time to face the truth as a nation, we’ve failed.
Until there’s stringent social distancing mandated nationally, the virus will win & time is running out.

MooseKnuckle

Registered
gun-lines-firearm-gun-registration-CT.jpg

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There might not be any aspect of our world society that isnt affected by this.

The world is a complex web of interdependent nouns.

The 'little guy' gets 'crushed' because he is not positioned to defend himself as well as some of the 'big guys'.
The market share for Amazon Walmart ECT..is booming.

Jeff Bezos made 16 billion in a day on his stock...that is obscene.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What we are witnessing is the inverted structure of our economic system and the selfishness of our population.

A business that has been established for 10+ years should NOT be paying rent/lease they should own the property. I suspect as many as 50% of all businesses will not survive this pandemic, neither will many malls.

Similarly, people that have been cooped up for months because of a rampant disease should not automatically go out and meat as many people as possible just to blow off a little steam (and catch what they have been trying to avoid.) If we had a population that was willing to live withing a few simple rules we could be almost fully open every where by this point in time, with the disease in check.

Thank you.

If we all locked down this wouldn't be dragging for so long.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please. You really believe this is part some master plan????

I KNOW that politicians use every crisis to their advantage as does big money.

Many countries did well without shutting down as we have. A targeted means of protecting older Americans would have sufficed. Picking and choosing winners and losers by closing done and opening others has led to tragic results.

I expect many pool halls will be closed. Especially high rent areas. If this closure continues for 5 to 7 more months...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I KNOW that politicians use every crisis to their advantage as does big money.

Many countries did well without shutting down as we have. A targeted means of protecting older Americans would have sufficed. Picking and choosing winners and losers by closing done and opening others has led to tragic results.

I expect many pool halls will be closed. Especially high rent areas. If this closure continues for 5 to 7 more months...
That's different from your original post. You made it sound like there is some grand evil scheme behind all this. That i don't believe for one second. Are people taking advantage of it??? You bet. Every calamity in history has made somebody rich. Nothing new here.