can a revo be fitted

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
to a schon or piloted 5/16/14

Any things possible but if it were wider than the butt collar I doubt it would be a good idea to turn it down....plugging with another joint I’m sure that can be accomplished tho of course voids warranty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Any things possible but if it were wider than the butt collar I doubt it would be a good idea to turn it down....plugging with another joint I’m sure that can be accomplished tho of course voids warranty

I converted a radial one to 3/8 10 with an insert.
I don't see how it can't be converted to a piloted brass insert.
You would need the butt for a perfect or close to perfect fit.

I don't see a reason why you would need to turn it down.
Leave it as is.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I converted a radial one to 3/8 10 with an insert.

I don't see how it can't be converted to a piloted brass insert.

You would need the butt for a perfect or close to perfect fit.

I don't see a reason why you would need to turn it down.

Leave it as is.

Agreed,

Wasn’t sure on exact dimension between the two is why I said that.....brings up a good question or situation....say the predator is smaller than x cues joint one wants a match up? Apply a short finish over the joint?
How’s about the inverse situation?

As always thanks for the insight buddy

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Agreed,

Wasn’t sure on exact dimension between the two is why I said that.....brings up a good question or situation....say the predator is smaller than x cues joint one wants a match up? Apply a short finish over the joint?
How’s about the inverse situation?

As always thanks for the insight buddy

The Revo is .840"sh.
Don't touch it either way. A whole can of worms with a curse from Dracula and King Tut if you sand or spray it .

Good thing is the Revo's joint-down taper is not some stupid .025" . My collet fit it really well.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
The Revo is .840"sh.

Don't touch it either way. A whole can of worms with a curse from Dracula and King Tut if you sand or spray it .

Good thing is the Revo's joint-down taper is not some stupid .025" . My collet fit it really well.

Nah hell no im not touching it . Even if someone gave me one free.....I’d flip it first lmao

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schon cues usually have a joint collar in the . 840" range, so it should be fine. Remember that you do loose the warranty...
I find it easier to start with a Radial threaded shaft.