Pool Hall Marketing Question

paksat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based on multiple rooms that i've been to in the past few years.. you have to get with the future if you're going to make it.

Pool halls that are making it are actually also mid to upper class clubs.

The one I frequent now is two stories.

has a full bar and everything up top but along with that, it has the seats positioned with windows next to them running down the middle of the building so the clients/patrons can watch the action down below them.. it's the coolest thing I think I've ever seen in a pool hall.

They also have a downstairs bar along with about as many video games running along the wall as a game room at a mall would have.

On the second story they also have a balcony where you can go to and sit at on the outside. Sort of like a bar on the beach would have.

This all on top of 16 diamonds, 16 GCs and two snooker tables...

:eek:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What??

Based on multiple rooms that i've been to in the past few years.. you have to get with the future if you're going to make it.

Pool halls that are making it are actually also mid to upper class clubs.

The one I frequent now is two stories.

has a full bar and everything up top but along with that, it has the seats positioned with windows next to them running down the middle of the building so the clients/patrons can watch the action down below them.. it's the coolest thing I think I've ever seen in a pool hall.

They also have a downstairs bar along with about as many video games running along the wall as a game room at a mall would have.

On the second story they also have a balcony where you can go to and sit at on the outside. Sort of like a bar on the beach would have.

This all on top of 16 diamonds, 16 GCs and two snooker tables...

:eek:

WHERE is this place located?? It sounds to good to be true!!! Give the members some more info or even some pics this sounds like a spectacular place!!!

paksat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WHERE is this place located?? It sounds to good to be true!!! Give the members some more info or even some pics this sounds like a spectacular place!!!

Park Avenue billiards, i'll get some pics when I ride up there this sunday for the weekly nine ball tourney.

paksat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I forgot my f*ckin camera so I had to take these with the sh*tty camera on my phone, they'll have to work for now till next sunday I guess though.. I was about to play so I had to scramble around when taking these pics.

The outside, you can see my finger, the top of my kawasaki zzr, and the building itself as well as the patio

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Closer view of it towards the back

This is a pic of a room that wasn't even being used at all. You can see the downstairs bar in the very back.

Free ping pong on the second story

A pic of the bar on the 2nd story. Lots of HD flatscreens all over the place. You can get a glimpse of the patio in the background.

Another pic just to the left of the above pic that shows about half of the bar

This is where the stage is, little to dark to see much though.

The view from above of the action through one of the windows

Here's one looking back towards the downstairs bar/entrance area.

[IMG=http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/4356/44600338.jpg][/IMG]

A picture of Earl's massive cue

paksat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tommy kennedy and Earl in the background talking about nothing in general.

This is the downstairs bar, or at least a part of it.

Here is the board, fully loaded, 60+ peeps

Earl and others at the start of the tourney seeing who is where and what table blah blah

The snooker tables. It's pretty dark in the room they're at.

Pic towards the middle of the room

Other side of the middle of the room

The very back room

Other side of the back room, you can see the middle and main room in the very very back where it looks like there is a mirror ( yes.... that's a whole other room back there )

It's pretty dark in there so I don't think even with a good cam that you could see a whole lot more.

It's one hell of a tourney for just $10 every week. Tables play tight as all hell. I seen earl warm up and his first 5 shots all rattled out of the pocket.

Same thing was happening with Tommy too, they were both talking about how tight these things were.

Day was going pretty okay until I ran into Tommy in the losers bracket. Kind of made my day though when I over heard him say "this is gonna be a tough match" when he heard we played next.

To bad it didn't turn out that way and he came out flying, race to 5 and it was 4-0 before I got my second shot... I did manage to take a game off of him though, to little avail I might add.. 5-1

Got nothing but great things to say about Tommy, was great playing him as we both joked back and forth during the match.

As always, Earl is pretty cool to chat with off the table but you could see on the table he was only a hair away from losing it.

Anyway, we'll save that pissing match for another time. Will get better pics in due time :thumbup:

Last edited:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thnx!!!

Wow that is quite a room! I'm in the Chicago burbs and there is nothing even close around here. Thanks for taking the time to post all the pics and count yourself lucky that you have such a nice place to play.

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
Well Coolboy, you have told us a few times that you are in Jersey, have you taken a trip down to Sandcastles in Edison. It might be a good idea to see what Ed is doing that is working so well.
Is there any chance that your friend could build a kitchen and get a beer licence?
He could sell off a few tables to make room and help finance it.
The days of making it on pool time alone are long gone.
Does this room have any League play going on?
If not that is a must. Even if it means selling some of the big tables and making a barbox section for league play.
Does the room have Dart machines and Golf or other video games?
The other big question is what kind of competition is in your area?

paksat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow that is quite a room! I'm in the Chicago burbs and there is nothing even close around here. Thanks for taking the time to post all the pics and count yourself lucky that you have such a nice place to play.

Not a problem.

I didn't even get to take pics of all the game machines which are behind the score board pic taken.

Unfortunately, this cam couldn't really do the room justice as you can't really see just how BIG it really is.

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
see if you can bank the cue ball five times down and back the length of the table, then see if you can bank the cue ball 9 rails around the table....that'll tell me what condition your "70's" Gold Crowns are in.

I tried the second test the other night on two Diamond tables and was only able to get the cue ball to go 6 rails around the table.

To do this test, where is the optimal starting point of the cue ball and what is the optimal track to make the cue ball go up to 9 rails around the table?