for you Snooker lovers.....

Pangit

Banned
As someone here recently pointed out, "why do snookers players drag their cues around the table?" It doesn't matter the country or age of player it seems. :thumbup:

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty good. This kid is even better and only 17 years old :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGziqsbQ68k

How the UK overtook the US in pool. I could see the same with China taking over the UK in snooker if they keep producing players like these two.

Looking that way. The UK has no god given right to the best snooker players. Likewise, the USA has no god given right to the best pool players. The world snooker championship will eventually go to China and the champion will take home 1or maybe 2 million dollars. Hopefully, this will lead to a UK championship being even bigger than the world championship is now. I feel this could have happened in pool, when the world 9 ball in Cardiff and then Manila went up to a $100k first prize. Somewhere along the way the moment wasn't tapped - but clearly someone with money thought it was worth a shot.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snooker commentators are awesome. They know when to chirp and when to just let the game do the talking. This Chinese kid is something else.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking that way. The UK has no god given right to the best snooker players. Likewise, the USA has no god given right to the best pool players. The world snooker championship will eventually go to China and the champion will take home 1or maybe 2 million dollars. Hopefully, this will lead to a UK championship being even bigger than the world championship is now. I feel this could have happened in pool, when the world 9 ball in Cardiff and then Manila went up to a $100k first prize. Somewhere along the way the moment wasn't tapped - but clearly someone with money thought it was worth a shot.

This isnt golf, prize money comes from gambling sources. The chinese are known to love to gamble so you are probably right.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Denied what?

Not victory in smashing fashion

Maybe you watched only the first frame .... he lost the match. He was denied the victory . The kid plays well, and for the lost part didn't let the pressure get to him. Ronnie on the other hand played well below his standard from what I could see (missed shots, poor safety play).

Dave

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Maybe you watched only the first frame .... he lost the match. He was denied the victory . The kid plays well, and for the lost part didn't let the pressure get to him. Ronnie on the other hand played well below his standard from what I could see (missed shots, poor safety play).

Dave

Must have
, I seen to where they stopped at 6-1

Who won really isn'y point

The kid played amazing, even if he ended up losing

Last edited:

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Must have
, I seen to where they stopped at 6-1

Who won really isn'y point

The kid played amazing, even if he ended up losing

:lol: Sorry, I was replying to your question "Denied what?" followed by the comment "Not victory in smashing fashion".

The match ended at 4-3 for Ronnie, the score was never 6-1 :confused:

The kid played well. He may even go on to win a pro tournament or two, we'll have to wait and see.

Dave

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
:lol: Sorry, I was replying to your question "Denied what?" followed by the comment "Not victory in smashing fashion".

The match ended at 4-3 for Ronnie, the score was never 6-1 :confused:

The kid played well. He may even go on to win a pro tournament or two, we'll have to wait and see.

Dave

Ok I see now, I was watching the video from the other post

With Yan bingtao
This match
https://youtu.be/oCwaULnmNdM

Lol I didn't watch the match in the original post,