"Window" cues OTHER than Viking...?

Underachiever

Registered
Has anyone ever seen a "window" cue that WASN'T a Viking? I never have, but one popped up on the internet and I'm curious what to make of it.

This particular one is labeled "Elton." To me it comes off as a cheap Asian import, but that's just an unsubstantiated hunch... I'd be interested to hear if anyone else had some thoughts on it. Pictures are below.

zNvUQKS.jpg

C716XqU.jpg

ABlhMBO.jpg

EfZcpSd.jpg

cTKuHR5.jpg

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone ever seen a "window" cue that WASN'T a Viking? I never have, but one popped up on the internet and I'm curious what to make of it.

This particular one is labeled "Elton." To me it comes off as a cheap Asian import, but that's just an unsubstantiated hunch... I'd be interested to hear if anyone else had some thoughts on it. Pictures are below.

zNvUQKS.jpg

C716XqU.jpg

ABlhMBO.jpg

EfZcpSd.jpg

cTKuHR5.jpg

Palmer (Balner) made one or two I believe.............

Keith

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't believe you found Elton John's cue.

He went all out with the gold joint and rings, ivory butt cap, and the stacked, embroidered leather tennis grip. Good find :grin:

Underachiever

Registered
I can't believe you found Elton John's cue.

He went all out with the gold joint and rings, ivory butt cap, and the stacked, embroidered leather tennis grip. Good find :grin:
When you see that story up on eBay next to my $1499 Buy It Now price, you can feel all warm inside and know that you inspired it. :wink::grin:

Amusingly though, it is Elton John's style... Fits right in with some of the stuff he wore. :rotflmao:

Last edited:

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of the old Brunswick 2 piece have the stylised "B" in a itty bitty window

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Elton was a cheap Asian import cue. I think some of them were made in Europe though. Yes, that is the brand name in the window.

I have a file on them somewhere on my old drive.

Bottom line, cheap cue.

As far as windows, numerous makers made them. (I don't have time to make a list but I am sure others will chime in.)

Last edited:

Underachiever

Registered

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you by any chance have a link the auction?

I checked the goodwill auction billiards site and didn't see it.

TIA

Dale

Dude, if you buy that we're going to need a thorough review. :D

And you will also qualify for phsychiatric evaluation. :wink:

Hmmmm...only $8.60 shipping for me.....:p

And there are two bids on it already! LOL! (no...not me)