Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue & Case Gallery
Reload this Page LETS SEE SW: SATIN, Pacifier, and Jane cues!
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Kickin' Chicken
Kick Shot Afficionado
Kickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-27-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HQueen View Post
Iím curious as to the stated purpose of the pacifier cues. From what I have read they were constructed of woods not figured enough for regular cues, is this correct? BEM for example. However this Tulipwood cue would have made the cut for a regular SW.
Shed some light on this and inform me please.
Jerry Franklin wanted his customers to get a cue to hold them over while they waited for their custom sw's to be made and the answer to this problem was to make them "pacifier" cues to pacify them while waiting. These cues typically were a lightly figured maple and instead of the expensive (and glossy) automotive finish, they used an oil finish. This is why these pacifier cues are interchangably also known as "satin" cues referring to the duller oil finish.

Here's a couple of my plain jane sw's.

best,
brian kc
Attached Images

"Don't let your alligator mouth overload your jaybird ass!" - my Father

"That was stronger than cat piss, right there." - Brandon Shuff

Playing cues: Tim Scruggs - Jeff Olney
Break cue: Predator BK2 w/White Diamond Tip
Jump cue: Jacoby/Lomax

Old
  (#17)
HueblerHustler7
JackHammer
HueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-27-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickin' Chicken View Post
Jerry Franklin wanted his customers to get a cue to hold them over while they waited for their custom sw's to be made and the answer to this problem was to make them "pacifier" cues to pacify them while waiting. These cues typically were a lightly figured maple and instead of the expensive (and glossy) automotive finish, they used an oil finish. This is why these pacifier cues are interchangably also known as "satin" cues referring to the duller oil finish.

Here's a couple of my plain jane sw's.

best,
brian kc
Beautiful, Love the second one! If you are on the list and want a Jane from SW will they do them anymore? I hear its not something they do anymore, or was that just about the pacifiers?

'To err is human; to forgive, divine.'
Alexander Pope 1688-1744

PLAYER:
2013 Guerra, Coco/curly Jane

ON ORDER
Tony Guerra

Retired/sold:
2016 Hills Cue x2
2012 Sugartree (Want back)
2013 Deviney sneaky
2012 Jon Spitz
2010 Jon Spitz
90's Huebler

Some productions here and there Mezz x2, predator revo.

BREAK
Darren Hill J/B

Old
  (#18)
breakandrun
3 Stars and a Sun
breakandrun has a reputation beyond reputebreakandrun has a reputation beyond reputebreakandrun has a reputation beyond reputebreakandrun has a reputation beyond reputebreakandrun has a reputation beyond reputebreakandrun has a reputation beyond reputebreakandrun has a reputation beyond reputebreakandrun has a reputation beyond reputebreakandrun has a reputation beyond reputebreakandrun has a reputation beyond reputebreakandrun has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-06-2019, 06:19 AM

Here's my trio of satin...
BEM, Tulipwood and Pau Ferrero South West Satins

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Kirby Navarrete
(949) 529-8099
kirbynavarrete@gmail.com

Players: Sugartree, TAD, Southwest
Break Cue: Valhalla Break Cue by Rain Man (55 bucks but breaks like hell)
Jump Cue: Adams 3 piece Jump Cue
Case: JB Rugged Butterfly 4x8

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: