WTB: quality double black joint phenolic

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking to buy up to 12' of good quality double black phenolic tube for joint collars.

Bob

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
I like the concept of a group-buy.
If the price is right and the quality is there, we could easily do 40/50 ft.
Maybe more depending on where the price-break is. Assuming you (Bob) are OK with this.
In any event, Bob would have first shot at whatever is available.

KJ

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That would be fine with me. Just bought some from my regular source... filled with pits and seemed light although I have not compared weight with an earlier buy from the same source.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm in on a group buy, I need double black phenolic for joints and buttts, rod or tube, both are fine with me.
Looking for some quality fine weave LMB for joints and butts too.

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I could use 4-5 feet each of joint and butt tube (1st choice) or rod, so add me to the group.
Gary

Brickcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck on finding some that is good. If you do let me know where you get it as I need some.

Brickcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe that is single black as I have talked to Joe before. We bought from the same supplier and they quit making double black.

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Add me to the Group order,

Let me know the pricing and footage and inside and outside diameters?

Thanks

Mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy

jkan101

jkan101
Silver Member
I believe that is single black as I have talked to Joe before. We bought from the same supplier and they quit making double black.

"Cue Components Twice Black Linen Tube is proudly Made In The USA! This is not the cheap import imitation sold by other resellers." Looks double black to me......

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
"Cue Components Twice Black Linen Tube is proudly Made In The USA! This is not the cheap import imitation sold by other resellers." Looks double black to me......

Finishes like single, the weave is quite visible

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I bought some from Elforyn.de, they get theirs from Atlas. Very tight weave and very smooth, but so expensive.
I would love to find some of that quality, but cheaper.

Joe Barringer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Disregard this post...

On second thought, I don't have the time this week to play with the 'know-it-alls' and 'AZ Experts'.

Last edited:

jkan101

jkan101
Silver Member

Lol for the man who knows everything......this is the same phenolic I sent when you needed a piece and you remarked how good it was etc.....whatever guys discuss and analyze it ad naseum.

Joe

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Lol for the man who knows everything......this is the same phenolic I sent when you needed a piece and you remarked how good it was etc.....whatever guys discuss and analyze it ad naseum.

Joe

And I was schooled after that quite hard. What you quoted was a verbatim quote from a cuemaker. I went ahead and bought an old stock of the old stuff instead. I'm no know-it-all, just repeating what I was slapped with on the same material. I think it looks fine as a player and looks great on cues, but I got yelled at for visible weave.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Good luck KJ.
I was part of a big buy from Norp too.
Looks better than most of what is sold out there now but is not quite as good as before Atlas's back before 2003 or so.
I was at the BCA that year and the Atlas rep there told me they were changing supplier of that stuff . It's never been the same since .
But, if you can talk to the Norp's foreman and implore the man to really do it right, it'd be great .
The stuff out there now needs black tint . The really bad ones tear-out .