Mezz Or Pechauer

DingDongDuong

Registered
Mezz all the way, their quality is superb, and shafts are not splice so you get that nice Ld maple feel and feedback

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Between my son and I we have a few Pechauers. This is my latest one....

Limited Predator butt made by Pechauer, I got it with the Revo but ended up getting the Becue and selling the Revo today

Attachments

• thumbnail_20181126_155956.jpg
    thumbnail_20181126_155956.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 589
  • thumbnail_20181126_160016.jpg
    thumbnail_20181126_160016.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 574
  • thumbnail_20181214_155914.jpg
    thumbnail_20181214_155914.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 551
  • thumbnail_20181214_155937.jpg
    thumbnail_20181214_155937.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 574
  • thumbnail_20181214_155953.jpg
    thumbnail_20181214_155953.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 567

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why did you choose Prime-M than Revo?
What are some good things about Prime-M?

My preferred is 11.75mm and the revo was 12.9 and finding a 12.4 is like trying to find gold with some outrageous used prices.

Prime M available with 12.0mm which feels much better to me and the feel and sound of the cue ball hit is much more like a maple shaft.

TAPCAT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My preferred is 11.75mm and the revo was 12.9 and finding a 12.4 is like trying to find gold with some outrageous used prices.

Prime M available with 12.0mm which feels much better to me and the feel and sound of the cue ball hit is much more like a maple shaft.

Do the Revo/Prime M have the same diameter at the joint? Just wondering as not all cues have the same diameter at the joint.

Is the taper similar between the two? I prefer a longer pro taper.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do the Revo/Prime M have the same diameter at the joint? Just wondering as not all cues have the same diameter at the joint.

Is the taper similar between the two? I prefer a longer pro taper.

Yes on the joint and taper. If you go with becue..... it's available in a 30" shaft as well if you order from them direct. I went ahead with with seyberts so I got the regular 29". One other point.... the predator is a tad bit shorter as you can see in the pic.

I may order the 30" from becue at a later time.

TAPCAT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes on the joint and taper. If you go with becue..... it's available in a 30" shaft as well if you order from them direct. I went ahead with with seyberts so I got the regular 29". One other point.... the predator is a tad bit shorter as you can see in the pic.

I may order the 30" from becue at a later time.

Thanks. I was glad to see the becue shafts on seyberts when I visited the site a few days ago. Hoping to see the new cuetec shafts on there soon as well.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue is scheduled to be shipped via UPS tomorrow (Tuesday, 18 Dec). Two days from Wisconsin to Indiana so delivery will be Thursday.

Still not sure why the Pechauer folks told me they had never heard of a Pressed Elkmaster tip? Makes no sense to me.

r/DCP

TAPCAT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue is scheduled to be shipped via UPS tomorrow (Tuesday, 18 Dec). Two days from Wisconsin to Indiana so delivery will be Thursday.

Still not sure why the Pechauer folks told me they had never heard of a Pressed Elkmaster tip? Makes no sense to me.

r/DCP

Please post some pics when you get it. Interested to see it with the leather wrap.

Where in Indiana are you? Evansville here.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please post some pics when you get it. Interested to see it with the leather wrap.

North of Evansville about an hour. I played in one of the O'Brian's 9B tourneys a couple of months ago. That was my very first time ever playing in a tournament. Wont be able to play until spring due to high school basketball commitments.

r/DCP

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I really want to try the Prime M. How's your experience so far? Everything I have been able to find so far has been positive.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really want to try the Prime M. How's your experience so far? Everything I have been able to find so far has been positive.

I like the Prime M. I like the options for the 12mm and the optional 30" if you order through them directly.

I'm not saying it was a bad thing... but you dont get the *ting* sound like a revo. That sound never bothered me as with some. The revo did play great though, no complaints from me besides the choice in sizes.

Prime M does have a clear pad so keep that in mind when choosing a tip. I have the kamui clear black and it adds to the clear portion.

Sorry to derail the thread.... maybe I will start a separate one.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the Prime M. I like the options for the 12mm and the optional 30" if you order through them directly.

I'm not saying it was a bad thing... but you dont get the *ting* sound like a revo. That sound never bothered me as with some. The revo did play great though, no complaints from me besides the choice in sizes.

Prime M does have a clear pad so keep that in mind when choosing a tip. I have the kamui clear black and it adds to the clear portion.

Sorry to derail the thread.... maybe I will start a separate one.

I have been using a Mezz Ex Pro for awhile. I love it. I tried a Revo. It just wasn't for me. But the Becue sounds like it would be closer to what I am use to. I have been using a Navigator Medium which is Blue. I am not above experimenting with tip if I have to. I just really wanted to hear your thoughts on the new becue. Thanks for the info.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

r/DCP

Delivery has been delayed a day. They noticed the wrong tip was on the cue so they had to put the pressed Elkmaster on.

Not sure why that delayed things a day since it takes, what, about 15-20 minutes to get the old tip off and a new one on?

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Cue arrived this morning. Just got done hitting some with it. Nice hit. Might have to have the shaft tapered a hair more so it matches my other cues.

It actually looks nicer in person than it does on their website. The birdseye maple is slightly darker than I expected. When I get time in the next couple of days I will take a few pics and post.

r/DCP

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue arrived this morning. Just got done hitting some with it. Nice hit. Might have to have the shaft tapered a hair more so it matches my other cues.

It actually looks nicer in person than it does on their website. The birdseye maple is slightly darker than I expected. When I get time in the next couple of days I will take a few pics and post.

r/DCP

Congrats, glad it came today, look foward to seeing the pictures.