Simonis 860 Misweave

scmike

I found out I got a knock off. buyer beware. use a reputable instaler and a black light update 08/26/2012. The rest is my original post

[ I just put in a new Table and upgraded to Simonis 860. It has a few misweaves. Is this normal? If not what can I do?] original post.

Attachments

• SPOT WEB 1.jpg
    SPOT WEB 1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 800
  • SPOT WEB 2.jpg
    SPOT WEB 2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 741
Last edited:

matteroner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just put in a new Table and upgraded to Simonis 860. It has a few misweaves. Is this normal? If not what can I do?

put a blacklight on the table to make sure it is genuine simonis and also to get the serial number for the batch of cloth then call them.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

That does not look like simonis'
A dropped thread in simonis...The cloth would never leave the mill like that! Looks like knockoff cloth..I find dropped threads in 3030 all the time. But not simonis, I have found a thread drop was repaired on the bottom side.

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simonis?

Thinking that If that's simonis it's on upside down or that's not simonis! Who set up the table? Where did you or they get the cloth?

scmike

Black Light

put a blacklight on the table to make sure it is genuine simonis and also to get the serial number for the batch of cloth then call them.

I put the black light on the cloth, low and behold not Simonis. Thank you for all of your help. Sorry to the folks at Simonis for saying they had a misweave. I do not think this felt will last long and when it burns out I will get the real deal.
In the mean time can I fix this misweave or help it not get worse?

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Were you sold this cloth as simonis? I think it's important you let us know the circumstances upon which you obtained it, if it was presented to you as simonis.

scmike

I paid extra

I paid a extra $250 and was told it was Simonis. I will be asking for a refund today. I would not have know it was fake with out the Mechanics on this forum. When I refelt or get a new table I will start here. Thank you

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
I paid a extra $250 and was told it was Simonis. I will be asking for a refund today. I would not have know it was fake with out the Mechanics on this forum. When I refelt or get a new table I will start here. Thank you

When you say you put in a table, did you install the table for yourself, install for someone else, or did you have a table installed for you? Where did you buy the cloth?

scmike

When you say you put in a table, did you install the table for yourself, install for someone else, or did you have a table installed for you? Where did you buy the cloth?

I cleaned my garage and made room for a table. I paid to have a table installed (an inexpensive one) and an extra $250 for the felt. The job looked good and I did not notice the misweave at first. When I saw the blemish I called the installer. He said he would do "what ever it takes to make me happy". At first I just wanted him to come over and trim the thread. I thought I would check AzBillards to see what I should do. I have viewed the Forum as a guest and am amazed at the knowledge.
I was told I could use a black light and get the # and call the factory. The black light did not reviled a serial number. I call the installer and informed him the cloth is not Simonis and asked for a refund. He said he will refund me the $250.00. I think it is a shame because the table looks good. the felt is terrible and burns when I break (lots of small spots).
I am going to save and get a Diamond or a Gold Crown (my wife gave me the OK because I am using the table every day). I do not know if I will get an eight or a nine footer. My wife wants an 8'.
If a moderator can change the heading to "FAKE SIMONIS what do I do now". That would be great.
I am sorry I used the Simonis name in my heading because I have no Idea what is on my table. I have made up my mind to buy a new first class table before I really need new felt.

Last edited:

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
I don't know that you can edit the title of the thread, but you can definitely go in yourself and edit the text in your original post to clarify that the cloth is a knock-off. From there, I would contact the installer. If you were sold the cloth as Simonis, and given an obviously inferior product, they should be responsible for making it right, especially since they have already told you they will. I feel like I should point out that a snag like that is something that should have been noticed and addressed before the installer left your house. From your pictures, it looks pretty obvious, and I know I have all of my customers inspect their table before signing the invoice...or the check.

At this point though, it's up to you...if they refund the money you paid for a recover, then you can look at it like you got new cloth for free...but it also sounds like you got what you paid for.

My question here is whether the installer was trying to get one over on you, or if they are buying cloth from a shady supplier. Up to you if you're comfortable calling out the installer, but if they aren't trustworthy, I think other people who come here looking for a good installer might like to know.

I cleaned my garage and made room for a table. I paid to have a table installed (an inexpensive one) and an extra $250 for the felt. The job looked good and I did not notice the misweave at first. When I saw the blemish I called the installer. He said he would do "what ever it takes to make me happy". At first I just wanted him to come over and trim the thread. I thought I would check AzBillards to see what I should do. I have viewed the Forum as a guest and am amazed at the knowledge.
I was told I could use a black light and get the # and call the factory. The black light did not reviled a serial number. I call the installer and informed him the cloth is not Simonis and asked for a refund. He said he will refund me the $250.00. I think it is a shame because the table looks good. the felt is terrible and burns when I break (lots of small spots).
I am going to save and get a Diamond or a Gold Crown (my wife gave me the OK because I am using the table every day). I do not know if I will get an eight or a nine footer. My wife wants an 8'.
If a moderator can change the heading to "FAKE SIMONIS what do I do now". That would be great.
I am sorry I used the Simonis name in my heading because I have no Idea what is on my table. I have made up my mind to buy a new first class table before I really need new felt.