Executive cues, with proper bull story

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No idea what this thing is, but it's sure is a good read, written like a pro eBay bullshitter.

https://worcester.craigslist.org/spo/d/leominster-executive-pool-cue/6879870081.html

00P0P_4udGg1TCzHS_1200x900.jpg

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I take a little offence that it’s presented as a lady’s or a slightly built man’s cue.
...i’m 6 feet with a 6,3 wing span....I play with 57 inch for most of my life....

It’s kinda nice looking.....Viking super joint?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I take a little offence that it’s presented as a lady’s or a slightly built man’s cue.
...i’m 6 feet with a 6,3 wing span....I play with 57 inch for most of my life....

It’s kinda nice looking.....Viking super joint?

Very "kinda" nice looking, I am guessing that $400 price is double the original cost.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Executive was a line of cues made by Viking for Gary Sanossian who use to own a pool room back in the day. They had Vikings super joint on them. Accept, don't condemn!

Thanks for identifying.

I was going to say that the joint and joint collars looked like an old Viking design.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Executive was a line of cues made by Viking for Gary Sanossian who use to own a pool room back in the day. They had Vikings super joint on them. Accept, don't condemn!

Was it really a 1,000 dollar cue 25 years ago? Maybe it's better cue than I thought, but if you read the ad, it's, well, an ad, not a description of the cue.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was it really a 1,000 dollar cue 25 years ago? Maybe it's better cue than I thought, but if you read the ad, it's, well, an ad, not a description of the cue.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. I can tell you, Gary is a stand up guy, if he says something. It's pretty much fact. I do not know who's actually selling the cue.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A little history lesson for you and tge 90's. Things were very different back then as far as cues. People were getting good money for cues and pool rooms were selling them because you couldn't get a discount buying direct like you can now, ordering on line.
New York and New England.
Mr. Tascarella. Always a sign of excellence.
Mr. Drexler. Paul worked tournaments and furthered his Different by design theories.
The start of the Samsara boom.
Mr. Drexler stopped doing tourneys and I started. Paul and I are still friends.
Pete Campbell cues.
My cues
Joe Callaluca cues.
Pool rooms and Cues
Country club USA. Wow! What a room. Great action, incredible food. Pro shop and all cues. Dave Cunha who I called Poppa Dave, and got away with it. Dave would let me work his tourneys and lock me in at nite to save me Hotel fees.
Woburn, Nice room, home of Jerry and Nadine and Skip of Skips tips. They had no trouble selling cues there and Skip was an advocate for just about every Cue maker.
Brighton Billiards. Dave Egdol. The original best kept secret when it came to a player. Til this day, the room is closed but Dave knows every Cue maker and does what he does.
Accu billiards. Mike and Gail X. They sold everything from Meucci, Heubler, Joss, Robinson and Southwest.
The moral to the story. People were doing just fine spending good money on cues before the Internet boom.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to add to Mr. Webb's post.
Back in the '80s and '90s i hung out in a room in N.J. that Gus Szamboti was friends with the owner.

Gus told him to stock and sell Adam and Helmstetter cues for the low end and offer Schon cues for the high end.
Gus said he would have few if any complaints with them.

He sold a lot of the Adam and Helmstetter cues and a fair amount of Schons.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A little history lesson for you and tge 90's. Things were very different back then as far as cues. People were getting good money for cues and pool rooms were selling them because you couldn't get a discount buying direct like you can now, ordering on line.
New York and New England.
Mr. Tascarella. Always a sign of excellence.
Mr. Drexler. Paul worked tournaments and furthered his Different by design theories.
The start of the Samsara boom.
Mr. Drexler stopped doing tourneys and I started. Paul and I are still friends.
Pete Campbell cues.
My cues
Joe Callaluca cues.
Pool rooms and Cues
Country club USA. Wow! What a room. Great action, incredible food. Pro shop and all cues. Dave Cunha who I called Poppa Dave, and got away with it. Dave would let me work his tourneys and lock me in at nite to save me Hotel fees.
Woburn, Nice room, home of Jerry and Nadine and Skip of Skips tips. They had no trouble selling cues there and Skip was an advocate for just about every Cue maker.
Brighton Billiards. Dave Egdol. The original best kept secret when it came to a player. Til this day, the room is closed but Dave knows every Cue maker and does what he does.
Accu billiards. Mike and Gail X. They sold everything from Meucci, Heubler, Joss, Robinson and Southwest.
The moral to the story. People were doing just fine spending good money on cues before the Internet boom.

I knew a lot of those things in the area, my first custom cue was from Pete, it was stolen with my wife's Viking while she was at some place for APA. The Viking she won at APA finals for being the top woman finisher in some side tournament, so that was a bit of a shitty loss for us.

I actually ran into you a few times at Country Club, I think you were setup on the first floor by the stairs. Before Alex was around :smile:

Brighton Billiards was amazing, great tables, burgers, and a waiting list that can go over 1hr. I remember several times heading there to get my name on the list, then going to a near-by pool hall to play, to drive back to Brighton.