Won local APA Top Gun yesterday

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
Had a good time with everyone yesterday. 51 of our top shooters came out for the Top Gun tournament. After 12 hours I came out the winner. Went undefeated, won $400 and a jacket. I'm a S/L 6. Played 2 5's and beat them 5-0 and 5-1. Played 2 6's and both those matches went hill/hill. Played 2 7's and beat them both by 2 games. One of the 7's made his way back through the loser's side to challenge me for the win. He was on the hill and I still needed 3 games. He made some mistakes, I played lots of safes and managed to win before we had to go to a final match.

Last weekend I took 2nd in our Masters Top Gun. The practice is paying off. Back to the grind...

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
Congrats on your win!, may you have contined success at winning!:)

David Harcrow

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Had a good time with everyone yesterday. 51 of our top shooters came out for the Top Gun tournament. After 12 hours I came out the winner. Went undefeated, won $400 and a jacket. I'm a S/L 6. Played 2 5's and beat them 5-0 and 5-1. Played 2 6's and both those matches went hill/hill. Played 2 7's and beat them both by 2 games. One of the 7's made his way back through the loser's side to challenge me for the win. He was on the hill and I still needed 3 games. He made some mistakes, I played lots of safes and managed to win before we had to go to a final match.

Last weekend I took 2nd in our Masters Top Gun. The practice is paying off. Back to the grind...

Congratulations!!!

Freddie <~~~ everyone should celebrate title wins!

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
They're gonna move you up to a SL7, you realize that don't you? ;)

Congrats on the nice title!!! That's something that you will always cherish for the rest of your life, Champ!!!

Maniac

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats.

I once played in an open tournament a few years ago, and was absolutely in the zone and played the best pool of my life. I had played good before, usually when it didn't matter, but for some reason I was playing so far better that day I shocked myself.

A couple days later I played at my normal speed.

But playing far over my head in that tournament was really amazing. I haven't caught that gear since.

Ken

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
Thanks all. I have about 1.5 seasons with APA. I've been telling my wife that I expect them to move me up soon. I'm a 7 in 9-ball and 6 in 8-ball. My game has came up a lot since Thanksgiving when I got the table setup at home. Having a place to practice 2 hours a day is great. I can pop an instructional DVD into the laptop and put it right on the table while I practice drills.
I have much more I want to learn before BCA nationals in Vegas. 2 months of hard practice left before that happens.

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
Nope, just sharing..and creating another APA thread :D

I find people sharing their experiences more enjoyable than post like yours where you criticize everything. Take a look at your post history. Grow up

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
toot! toot! toot!
Hey! Look at me!

Exactly

My favorite Apa moment is playing a 6 (9 ball) who was wearing a top gun shirt with his name on it in the semi finals of tri cups. He was talking crap the whole time in a tight match how he will easily turn things around. He put himself up and I immediately threw my name in. Funny how when he was losing 40 - 2 he didn't have much to say any more. Lol I beat him 75 8 ...he quickly put his cue a way and went home. Lesson of the night. ... Just because you win the silly top gun trophy doesn't mean your any good :grin:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Exactly

My favorite Apa moment is playing a 6 (9 ball) who was wearing a top gun shirt with his name on it in the semi finals of tri cups. He was talking crap the whole time in a tight match how he will easily turn things around. He put himself up and I immediately threw my name in. Funny how when he was losing 40 - 2 he didn't have much to say any more. Lol I beat him 75 8 ...he quickly put his cue a way and went home. Lesson of the night. ... Just because you win the silly top gun trophy doesn't mean your any good :grin:

Was the OP the same guy?

If not, then why crap all over him in his thread. He doesn't have a reason to be proud of what he did? Just because you beat up on some other guy that was too cocky for his own good?

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Edited because I'm not feeling well and that was mean. Sorry.

Last edited:

Indiana Skinny

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heck we don't even have a top gun system. When I check my stats online you can see there is a space for it, but they don't do it in Louisville, KY.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Congrats man.

Sucks to win a tournament and a bunch of guys jump off the bench to pour a bucket of Haterade on you.

Playing well all season to qualify, and then beating a bunch of pretty good players in a tournament
deserves full credit.

I know a guy who plays at A speed and still wears that jacket! :)