Pool halls in Honolulu Hawaii

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi , i’m in Honolulu for work the 1st time , will be there 9-15th February.

Would like to check out the pool scene there and wld be great if anybody would like to have a friendly game.
How’s the pool scene ? Are there many choices for pool hall ?
Looking forward more to shoot in a proper pool hall , 9 footers or 10 preferred ?

However, wldnt mind shooting in bars as my last resort.
Would greatly appreciate if any AZ’ers could point me the right way :)

Thanks

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leave that place as soon as you can. Not the place I remember. I just got back from a 10 day trip over Xmas. I usually stay on Maui. Honolulu has gone to sh$;t.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was hustling there in 1970. It was where lots of guys were sent on R&R from Nam. I hustled in the bars on North Shit Street also known as Hotel Street. Had a ball smoking Thai Sticks and Hash with all the servicemen and playing pool for a living. Rodney Morris and I chat about it when we see each other. Those were some fun times. Used to sell flowers on street corners in the day, shoot pool and party all night.. Yea Baby!!!!!

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did some research and 3 names popped out.
They are Hawaiian Brian’s , The velvet touch and Kings billiard.
I guess there are only 3 pool hall in Honolulu ?
Can anyone shed some lights on the better options out of this 3 ?

I have left out the bar tables for now but I think I saw quite a number of bars with pool tables so if anyone wld want to recommend a particular bar , that will be awesome too !
Thanks AZ’ers :)

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get the “go play pool” app. It gives you all the places with pool tables and tournaments etc.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Get the “go play pool” app. It gives you all the places with pool tables and tournaments etc.

i think the room has to pay to be listed
icbw

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brian's. Only real 'hall in Hawaii.

Hey I'm in Tulsa till Friday for Mountain bike convention... Where to play and times in afternoon not late pool since we are up early! Free like 5-6 hrs a day thanks ....action 💰🔥

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the response guys.

Is hawaiian Brian’s a bar with tables or are they a pool hall ??

9 footers or bar tables ?

Thanks !

Qjunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brian’s is a pool hall / music venue with 9ft tables.
Located on Kapiolani Blvd near the Ala Moana shopping center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey I'm in Tulsa till Friday for Mountain bike convention... Where to play and times in afternoon not late pool since we are up early! Free like 5-6 hrs a day thanks ....action 💰🔥
Magoo's at 51st and Memorial. I'm not looking for any action. There's people to play there 'bout everyday.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi , i’m in Honolulu for work the 1st time , will be there 9-15th February.

Would like to check out the pool scene there and wld be great if anybody would like to have a friendly game.
How’s the pool scene ? Are there many choices for pool hall ?
Looking forward more to shoot in a proper pool hall , 9 footers or 10 preferred ?

However, wldnt mind shooting in bars as my last resort.
Would greatly appreciate if any AZ’ers could point me the right way :)

Thanks

I was there a few years back. Brian's is a pretty good spot. The tables looked to be in good shape overall.

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leave that place as soon as you can. Not the place I remember. I just got back from a 10 day trip over Xmas. I usually stay on Maui. Honolulu has gone to sh$;t.
Hmm, I'm curious why you say this. My family and I visited Honolulu this past summer and we loved the city.