LOCKOUT, I find that I cannot access a CTE thread:

Slide Rule

ConservativeHardLiner
Silver Member
Center to Edge Aiming - Please allow people who want to learn it a chance to discuss.

I have subscribed to the thread, so I see when a new post is made. I am interested in CTE despite an ongoing dispute as to its worthiness. I am working on my own process with moderate success.

LOCKOUT
If there is a lockout of this thread, please so identify with a adequately labeled sticky, AND again when the lockout is removed.

CTE WORTHINESS QUOTIENT
How would someone be considered worthy enough to enter the thread? If so deemed, send the contributors a password. Enter my name. Thanks.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't think it's anything personal against you. If anyone with power here has a problem with your posts, you will likely find that you cannot post at all and you will probably get a warning before that happens.

The thread you mentioned seems to have been completely deleted. Maybe you have an old link to it which still works, barely.

Slide Rule

ConservativeHardLiner
Silver Member
Clarified

I don't think it's anything personal against you. If anyone with power here has a problem with your posts, you will likely find that you cannot post at all and you will probably get a warning before that happens.

The thread you mentioned seems to have been completely deleted. Maybe you have an old link to it which still works, barely.

Thanks Bob, for the clarification. Deleted, I understand.

I look forward to the next CTE thread in anticipation of a mental jog for a personal break through. Otherwise, the heavy lifting is by fewer of us.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Thanks Bob, for the clarification. Deleted, I understand.

I look forward to the next CTE thread in anticipation of a mental jog for a personal break through. Otherwise, the heavy lifting is by fewer of us.

The heavy lifting is always by few of us. Just keep contributing the study group. If we discover anything that can be easily described and taught through written description then any member of the study group can post it here and let the members of AZ review and critique it.

Dave Segal is still working hard on his technical documents.

Our little group, which is now up to 70 members, most of whom are lurking, is the only place dedicated to experimenting with CTE in a "safe" environment.

All the posts that are made at the Yahoo Group are sent to your email so they are automatically saved because each member has a copy.

I have all of the content from the thread which was locked. All of the good content will be posted to the yahoo group so that members can benefit from it and so that hard work put in by various authors isn't wasted.

pulldapin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The heavy lifting is always by few of us. Just keep contributing the study group. If we discover anything that can be easily described and taught through written description then any member of the study group can post it here and let the members of AZ review and critique it.

Our little group, which is now up to 70 members, most of whom are lurking, is the only place dedicated to experimenting with CTE in a "safe" environment.

All the posts that are made at the Yahoo Group are sent to your email so they are automatically saved because each member has a copy.

I have all of the content from the thread which was locked. All of the good content will be posted to the yahoo group so that members can benefit from it and so that hard work put in by various authors isn't wasted.

JB, if you would please...how can I review this material (thread which was locked). Mahalo Carl

Slide Rule

ConservativeHardLiner
Silver Member

Thanks for the additional clarification including the locked thread. I am aware of the cte-students at yahoo. I lurk there.

I am a persistent man also. Fortune and insight in the endeavor.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Whoa, it says "Banned" under CC's name. Did he really get banned? Anyone have details?

Clicking on his profile, it shows the last post he made to be in the For Sale section, complimenting someone on the cue they were selling. The 3 or 4 posts before that seemed innocent enough.

Perhaps whatever causes one to become banned won't show up when looking at "recent posts"?

I agree, this is interesting.

Mike in MN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was spamming/flooding the NPR section as well.

He will have more time to devote to CTE practice and Yahoo.

I had heard something about that. Something to the effect that he was basically cutting and pasting the top headlines from the CNN website into threads ... Every day. That would get old if I frequented the NPR section.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Whoa, it says "Banned" under CC's name. Did he really get banned? Anyone have details?

I have some details. A reason was given that he was attacking other users.

I didn't see this but then I don't see all of CC's posts. If however that reason is what it's about then there is at least one other person who posted in this thread who should also be banned as he unleashed a viscous and completely uncalled for attack on Bruce in the thread which was locked.

Roger Long took something that Bruce did, which was to assist the local Boys and Girls Clubs in his area, and turn it into a negative. Bruce put out the call and we and several other businesses and private individuals responded to provide Bruce with new equipment and instructional material for the B&G clubs. Not only that it inspired others around the country to do similar things.

How a person who calls himself a Christian can attack someone so hurtfully is beyond me. But beyond that how is that he is allowed to get away with it on this forum?

I personally think that if Bruce got banned then Roger Long should have been banned as well and for longer.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Roger Long took something that Bruce did, which was to assist the local Boys and Girls Clubs in his area, and turn it into a negative.

Don't they both live in Arizona?

Maybe there is some prior personal history there between them that we don't know about, nor would ever understand.

That is not saying that anything is justified, but it might help to explain it.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Don't they both live in Arizona?

Maybe there is some prior personal history there between them that we don't know about, nor would ever understand.

That is not saying that anything is justified, but it might help to explain it.

I have no doubt it's personal. But the point is that Roger Long deserves to be banned for "attacks on other users".

So do I and so do a lot of others. I personally feel that things are allowed to get out of hand way too quickly around here.

What this site needs is a few more people with the BAN HAMMER, i.e. a couple more moderators to keep people in line. People CAN be civil, they CHOOSE not to be.