Sandbaggin thief !!!

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
lol, I love all this trash talk about Peterborough pool. It's my hometown, and even I agree that the pool scene there is about as melodramatic as it gets. It's the only place where the better players are more worried about their ego's than they are about enjoying the game.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
There are three possible ways to rectify the situation that I can think of. First, start everyone at a base handicap somewhere in the middle and adjust it, this seems reasonably fair. The problem is that if a AAA player comes from out of town to play and he gets started as B equivalent he gets labeled as a sandbagger.

Second, Start everyone at the highest handicap. Unfortunately a lot people aren’t willing to give away their money just to get started in a tournament they might never play again. Can you imagine a C player spotting an A player?

The best option would be to have a someone qualified watch a new player knock the balls around for a bit and then give them an educated handicap. How many unknown players show up for tournaments needing to be handicapped? You can still sandbag but the honest players will be easily recognizable from the dishonest.

At the end of the day though, the problem in pool (mostly 8 ball and 9 ball) is so many people are capable of playing lights out depending on the day the equipment. So it’s tough to handicap, and if they played really well a lot people assumed they were sandbagging.

I would think if your going to be dishonest at least be smart about it. If I was going to pretend to be a C or a D player I would keep my play at that level and only go slightly above it if I needed to.

On a related note, a lot of people glorify pool hustling and have partaken in playing on the lemon. How is this different?

nibz

Registered
Wasn`t me... lol.

As irrelevant as it is now because it has become more a post about sandbagging than anything else, i would just like to clarify that my name is Nabeel Manek, i was registered in the weekend tournament as Nibz Manek as i am shown on the list.

I would like to clarify that i DID NOT play matt nor did i make the initial post about Matt. If an admin to the site would like to contact me i can send legal identification as to my identity and would you please remove the initial poster from the members database. And i would like to apologize to matt for what he said in my name.

Also whether you`re a 3 or a 7, idc to be honest, congrats on the tournament win!

Peace.

Last edited:

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Matt really is a 5, which looks like it. He should be banned from all CPA events and maybe other handicap tournaments. That shit right there is pure Bull shit!! :mad:

If this douche ever entered a 404 and I was there, I would tell the TD to tell him to go **** himself.

I have to change my offer then, Matt, if you read this. 5-4, 8 ball for the cash. Open invitation.

I <3 Sandbaggers from the CPA!

vladmin

Break'em dry !
Silver Member
CPA/APA/TAP/BCA suck. Because of their handicap system. Because these handicaps are controlled by people who are part of teams and play every night - clearly a conflict of interest. Because people sandbagg and they get away with it

Galleyman

Registered
I am going to say this once and once only. Our league operator went down to mexico and did not process our scoresheets for six weeks, on matts team some handicaps jumped up after scoresheets were inputted with the equalizer handicap. This explains the diffrence in handicaps. Do I agree with how certain handicaps are calculated, of course not! But because a certain player uses his handicap and wins a tournament, he gets harrassed for it. Like I said Matt is a strong 4, but at the time of submission he was officially a 3. Maybe a stronger structure needs to be developed for this not to occur again.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am going to say this once and once only. Our league operator went down to mexico and did not process our scoresheets for six weeks, on matts team some handicaps jumped up after scoresheets were inputted with the equalizer handicap. This explains the diffrence in handicaps. Do I agree with how certain handicaps are calculated, of course not! But because a certain player uses his handicap and wins a tournament, he gets harrassed for it. Like I said Matt is a strong 4, but at the time of submission he was officially a 3. Maybe a stronger structure needs to be developed for this not to occur again.

There is a screen shot that shows Matt as a SL5, how can you continue to lie?

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This really makes no sense at all, when it clearly states Matt is a SL5 on the CPA website. :confused:

LessThanMike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are three possible ways to rectify the situation that I can think of. First, start everyone at a base handicap somewhere in the middle and adjust it, this seems reasonably fair. The problem is that if a AAA player comes from out of town to play and he gets started as B equivalent he gets labeled as a sandbagger.

Second, Start everyone at the highest handicap. Unfortunately a lot people aren’t willing to give away their money just to get started in a tournament they might never play again. Can you imagine a C player spotting an A player?

The best option would be to have a someone qualified watch a new player knock the balls around for a bit and then give them an educated handicap. How many unknown players show up for tournaments needing to be handicapped? You can still sandbag but the honest players will be easily recognizable from the dishonest.

At the end of the day though, the problem in pool (mostly 8 ball and 9 ball) is so many people are capable of playing lights out depending on the day the equipment. So it’s tough to handicap, and if they played really well a lot people assumed they were sandbagging.

I would think if your going to be dishonest at least be smart about it. If I was going to pretend to be a C or a D player I would keep my play at that level and only go slightly above it if I needed to.

On a related note, a lot of people glorify pool hustling and have partaken in playing on the lemon. How is this different?

I do agree, sometimes people to play lights or over there head. I remember playing a few stops on the "K" tour, never won more than one match ina single tournament... then one day on the 30k in newmarket, I played really well and beat a few locals.. I heard so many people whinning to Willy about my handicap.. People never to notice when you do bad, but when you do have that one day everyone notices. As a tournament Director handicaps are damn hard anyways... if your off by a little, or someone has a good day.. everyone starts to whine, especially if they beat a higher handicap, dont matter how poor the higher handicap shot either, its almost always cos the other guy was underhandicapped!!!

chokeacola

Registered
I do agree, sometimes people to play lights or over there head. I remember playing a few stops on the "K" tour, never won more than one match ina single tournament... then one day on the 30k in newmarket, I played really well and beat a few locals.. I heard so many people whinning to Willy about my handicap.. People never to notice when you do bad, but when you do have that one day everyone notices. As a tournament Director handicaps are damn hard anyways... if your off by a little, or someone has a good day.. everyone starts to whine, especially if they beat a higher handicap, dont matter how poor the higher handicap shot either, its almost always cos the other guy was underhandicapped!!!
listen u idiot ! apparently the difference between u and him is that he never played in any tournaments b4 ! and miraculosly he robbs a tournament as a 3 in his debut appearance when he 's actually a 5 ! it's already been proven ! so try explaining that 1 2 me will ya ! :cool:

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
listen u idiot ! apparently the difference between u and him is that he never played in any tournaments b4 ! and miraculosly he robbs a tournament as a 3 in his debut appearance when he 's actually a 5 ! it's already been proven ! so try explaining that 1 2 me will ya ! :cool:

Think you need to chill out a bit there Choke.

Galleyman

Registered
I am going to say this once and once only. Our league operator went down to mexico and did not process our scoresheets for six weeks, QUOTE]

Let me guess, his name is John C ? :scratchhead:

doesnt matter who it is, he informed us ahead of time he was heading on vacation and the sheets would be processed when he got back, anyway he was a 3 before he left, and a 5 after 6 scoresheets. ppl do fluctuate in handicap you know.

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like I said Matt is a strong 4.

I guess he is a 5, my bad. Still the 6's and 7's in my opinion were not playing well, Matt probably still would of won the tourney as a 5.

So you say in your opinion hes a strong 4, but yet you say he would still win as a 5!? God damn son, you're complicated. I doubt Matt would of won as a 5. There are some pretty good 7's in there. 2 games is a huge difference.

Did you even read my prior post of 6 scoresheets not posted untill the weekend of tourney.

I guess I didn't. So why is it that hes a strong 4 according to you, when hes a 5 listed on the CPA site? Still confused here...

Last edited:

LessThanMike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I was basically saying as a TD when its someone you dont know its hard to get a handicap for him... you dont wanna make them so high that it discourages them from coming back either.. it may have been proven after the fact, but beforehand the TD had no idea and took his word for it... apprently from what I read, the CPA handicap for him was updated AFTER the tournament, so in fact he may still have been a 3 going in....