My first 147 while practicing Snooker!(with poolcue)

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our pool tables are bad shape right now. We get new Simonis soon.. I also did watch so much Snooker lately so I was inspired to shoot some Snooker.

So I played some Snooker against new players last evening and made couple 70+ breaks while not really focusing. I then began dogging shots and decided to stay practice Snooker after our poolhall closes.

I did shoot against Ghost on Snooker while trying make 147 after breakshot and ball in hand:wink:... Last time I tried I made 105...
I made my first 147! Not the cleanest run.. but anyways. I made it now on practice. That proved to myself I can do it at game too if i get place to start. :grin-square::grin-square:

Best part is I had just a little bit battery left on my mobile.. So I did take it on video:eek:(should be up on HD soon)

https://youtu.be/rRtIEF_vL0A

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the celebration at the end. Well done. :smile:

Excellent stance, stroke, etc fundementals.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excellent!

When I lived in the UK I played snooker with a pool cue, my old Joss in fact. I used to get funny looks. :D

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Marvelous...this might be one for Guinness records.
...a 147 with a pool cue

Is that an LD shaft?....and what size of tip?
I found that a Predator Z shaft handled spin pretty close to how my snooker cue did.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks All! I am so happy:D

...a 147 with a pool cue

I found that a Predator Z shaft handled spin pretty close to how my snooker cue did.

I normally play pool with normal deflection shaft. I did get 11.75mm Z2 shaft just to play Snooker sometimes. It deflects little bit less(on Snooker) than my normal shaft on Pool.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Thanks All! I am so happy:D

I normally play pool with normal deflection shaft. I did get 11.75mm Z2 shaft just to play Snooker sometimes. It deflects little bit less(on Snooker) than my normal shaft on Pool.

Sorry, I think I understated my respect and delight for your run...

:happydance::thud::clapping::bow-down::woot:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...a 147 with a pool cue

I'll say when I was doing it with my old Joss I was using a Stroud JW shaft that was about 12.5mm, huge by snooker standards, and it spun the ball like a top when needed. The ferrule was not ivory. Some kind of light weight material that I think only Stroud knew...or at least I never figured out what it was. The shaft was made in the early eighties...the man knew how to build a shaft...:wink: Still have that shaft around here somewhere, in fact I have two...:rolleyes:

But that was a Stroud shaft...some kind of Voo-Doo in that thing. :D

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hyvin näkyy pallo pyörivän, onnea!

Seriously impressive shooting, congrats! Quite a feat to have that on video :cool:

driven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Outstanding!!
I started getting a little nervous there at the end myself. I was relieved when you got perfect on the last black.
Thanks for the video
steven

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great shooting!

Looks like a very nice size pool hall.

Are you the same guy that was in the U.S earlier this yr for a couple tourneys(maybe DCC and WPS 8ball)?

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great shooting!

Looks like a very nice size pool hall.

Are you the same guy that was in the U.S earlier this yr for a couple tourneys(maybe DCC and WPS 8ball)?

Ye I was there:cool:. It was a great trip. :)