Reload this Page AZB Money List??? Fight Night
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
AZB Money List??? Fight Night
Old
  (#1)
12squared
AzB Gold Member
12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

AZB Money List??? Fight Night - 10-02-2015, 06:31 PM

I was looking at the official money list to see if Shane's recent payouts were listed and noticed something very strange...Alex P had $50k listed for a fight night as official winnings. Is this right? It was basically a gambling match were both players put up $25K each "entry fee". If this was added to official winnings I would think that $25 would be a more appropriate total since half of the $50k was theirs.

Thoughts? It just struck me as very strange to include in the rankings.

Thanks,
Dave

By the way, I love Alex so this has nothing to do with any one individual, just trying to maintain the integrity of the money totals.

Old
  (#2)
spartan
AzB Silver Member
spartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Talking 10-02-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12squared View Post
I was looking at the official money list to see if Shane's recent payouts were listed and noticed something very strange...Alex P had $50k listed for a fight night as official winnings. Is this right? It was basically a gambling match were both players put up $25K each "entry fee". If this was added to official winnings I would think that $25 would be a more appropriate total since half of the $50k was theirs.

Thoughts? It just struck me as very strange to include in the rankings.

Thanks,
Dave

By the way, I love Alex so this has nothing to do with any one individual, just trying to maintain the integrity of the money totals.
Exactly. Said same thing some time ago, Ridiculous that own money is counted as prizemoney
Also not all prizemoney and events are included mostly because of insufficient info . Other problem with prizemoney is the quantum of prizemoney is arbitrary decided by promoter depending on budget, economic conditions etc. If compare prizemoeny of tourneys over years many have dropped due to bad times. W9B winner purse used to be $100K now only $30K , International Challenge of champions used to be $50K now only $25K
Never accurate to use arbitratry subjective $$ amounts as a measure
Fargo is a better gauge than prizemoney list.

Old
  (#3)
Zhero
AzB Silver Member
Zhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond repute

10-02-2015, 07:58 PM

Well come to think of it, if you snap off the US open and won, say, 30k, should the money list be listed as 29.5K, with $500 subtracted because that was your own money?

Obviously im making numbers up but I'm just saying, we have to have a consistent system.

"The thing with gambling all the time is it desensitizes you to money if I put up a grand for a a match I already look at it like that money is gone. If I start gambling and caring about the money that is on the line then I make bad decisions that will hurt me and potentially lose the match."

Old
  (#4)
Zhero
AzB Silver Member
Zhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond reputeZhero has a reputation beyond repute

10-02-2015, 08:10 PM

Thinking about it a little more, if your entry money is to be subtracted, then should we track the money lost as well? For instance should Scott's money list be -25,000$? Or anybody who entered a tournament and didn't win anything? Hope I'm making sense, thanks.

"The thing with gambling all the time is it desensitizes you to money if I put up a grand for a a match I already look at it like that money is gone. If I start gambling and caring about the money that is on the line then I make bad decisions that will hurt me and potentially lose the match."

Old
  (#5)
12squared
AzB Gold Member
12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute

10-02-2015, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhero View Post
Well come to think of it, if you snap off the US open and won, say, 30k, should the money list be listed as 29.5K, with $500 subtracted because that was your own money?

Obviously im making numbers up but I'm just saying, we have to have a consistent system.
I get what you're saying, but I do not think it's the same. Example: That 1-pocket event limited to 16 players at $2k entry is still a tournament in my opinion, there would be no need to deduct the entry fee from the winnings even though it's certainly a higher percentage of their winnings then a tournament w/48-128 people, but still a tournament.

I just thought it strange when there is a "2 man tournament" that it should even be included, but if it was deemed to be, I would think that only the winning amount would be recorded, but I am against that money to be added in the money list, there are a lot of action "2 man tournaments" every day and they are not included. It just bugs me.

Dave

Old
  (#6)
djyadj
AzB Silver Member
djyadj has a reputation beyond reputedjyadj has a reputation beyond reputedjyadj has a reputation beyond reputedjyadj has a reputation beyond reputedjyadj has a reputation beyond reputedjyadj has a reputation beyond reputedjyadj has a reputation beyond reputedjyadj has a reputation beyond reputedjyadj has a reputation beyond reputedjyadj has a reputation beyond reputedjyadj has a reputation beyond repute

10-02-2015, 09:03 PM

Also should Ko and Chang's WCOP win be included?

Old
  (#7)
Eagles89
AzB Silver Member
Eagles89 has a reputation beyond reputeEagles89 has a reputation beyond reputeEagles89 has a reputation beyond reputeEagles89 has a reputation beyond reputeEagles89 has a reputation beyond reputeEagles89 has a reputation beyond reputeEagles89 has a reputation beyond reputeEagles89 has a reputation beyond reputeEagles89 has a reputation beyond reputeEagles89 has a reputation beyond reputeEagles89 has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2015, 09:37 AM

they don't win the backer win the money an the player just get so much of the winning

Old
  (#8)
gxman
AzB Silver Member
gxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2015, 12:08 PM

Player A wins 50K(25K entry) in a fight night match.

Player A loses 2 fight night matches, -100K.

The money board would still show 50K total in prize earnings.

Another twist is most of it is backers money.

Old
  (#9)
Double-Dave
Developing cue-addict
Double-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5795

10-03-2015, 12:11 PM

I think it is fine the way it is. Travel costs, entry fees, backer %, none of these
are ever deducted from the money won. And, imo, we shouldn't start now.

gr. Dave

Playing cue: Cuechanger cocobolo
Break + jump cue: Cuechanger
Case: Sterling wave 4x8
League: NPB Superleague + Top Pool League TPL1 + DBA Topleague
Hours play: 8-10 per week

www.doubledavecues.com
www.budgetstukadoor.nl

Old
  (#10)
gxman
AzB Silver Member
gxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2015, 12:19 PM

Oscar 35,285 in prize earnings including 20K(10K entry) for beating Skylar Woodard. Then Oscar lost to Justin, 40k(20K entry).

So fight night matches inflates the money board for those participating in them.

Old
  (#11)
lost
AzB Silver Member
lost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2015, 01:34 PM

"Fight Night" fuzzy math at its best. It's hilarious to even refer to "entry fees" on these so called "fight night" things. Get real...nobody falls for that....whoops apparently somebody does.

Old
  (#12)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2015, 01:43 PM

As for me, I don't think these two man "tournaments" should even be included in money winnings for the year. If we do this then we might as well include all money games that top players play, and that might not be such a good idea.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#13)
scttybee
AzB Silver Member
scttybee has a reputation beyond reputescttybee has a reputation beyond reputescttybee has a reputation beyond reputescttybee has a reputation beyond reputescttybee has a reputation beyond reputescttybee has a reputation beyond reputescttybee has a reputation beyond reputescttybee has a reputation beyond reputescttybee has a reputation beyond reputescttybee has a reputation beyond reputescttybee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

10-03-2015, 02:12 PM

the fight nght things are a little silly as they are just inflating the numbers...as for what they lose thats also a little silly
but to subtract is beyond silly...does that mean we should subtract the electric bill and a tank of gas?

Old
  (#14)
12squared
AzB Gold Member

10-03-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
As for me, I don't think these two man "tournaments" should even be included in money winnings for the year. If we do this then we might as well include all money games that top players play, and that might not be such a good idea.
Exactly my point, Jay. Thanks.

Old
  (#15)
overlord
AzB Silver Member

overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2015, 03:43 PM

Some how they need to find a way to increase the purse money. I mean 30K for the world nine ball is a joke.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: