Reload this Page How to shoot this shot
Page 1 of 7 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
How to shoot this shot
Old
  (#1)
BRussell
AzB Silver Member
BRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

How to shoot this shot - 04-01-2014, 08:51 PM

It's the last ball on the table. It's aimed right between the upper and lower left corners. Which pocket do you put it in?

I assume you'd want to shoot in one of those two corners, though other options are welcome as well.
Attached Images

Old
  (#2)
RiverCity
AzB Silver Member
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

04-01-2014, 09:02 PM

Upper left corner with low left on the cb.
Chuck

Old
  (#3)
muddawg
Chill Out
muddawg has a reputation beyond reputemuddawg has a reputation beyond reputemuddawg has a reputation beyond reputemuddawg has a reputation beyond reputemuddawg has a reputation beyond reputemuddawg has a reputation beyond reputemuddawg has a reputation beyond reputemuddawg has a reputation beyond reputemuddawg has a reputation beyond reputemuddawg has a reputation beyond reputemuddawg has a reputation beyond repute

04-01-2014, 09:06 PM

I'd go for the upper left corner

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Stroke cues not egos.
Player: Schön SP R7
Breaker: OB Break
Case: JB Basic Rugged

Old
  (#4)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-01-2014, 09:08 PM

If the setup is exact, if you soot in the right pocket, you need to do a bit too much to the cueball to avoid the chance of a side pocket scratch. Plus the shot in the left is easier by a decent margin, and you don't have to keep half of your head into avoiding the scratch.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#5)
Slasher
KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Slasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher has a reputation beyond repute

04-01-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Fields View Post
Upper left corner with low left on the cb.
Chuck
What is your purpose of left english ?

Old
  (#6)
BRussell
AzB Silver Member
BRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond repute

04-01-2014, 09:13 PM

I also shot this in the upper left (and missed). It seemed easier to see. Thinking about it later, I thought the lower left might have been the better choice, because the rail increases the margin of error for the shot, making the pocket in effect larger.

Old
  (#7)
nobcitypool
AzB Silver Member
nobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond repute

04-01-2014, 09:20 PM

It is a relatively easy cut to the top right corner pocket. A tip of low would be adequate to eliminate any chance of it going into the side pocket.

Playing Cue: Jensen with Revo 12.4 Shaft
Break Cue: OB Rift

Old
  (#8)
gxman
AzB Silver Member
gxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond repute

04-01-2014, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post
I also shot this in the upper left (and missed). It seemed easier to see. Thinking about it later, I thought the lower left might have been the better choice, because the rail increases the margin of error for the shot, making the pocket in effect larger.
you playing on a 9ft table with 5" corner pockets?

Old
  (#9)
fathomblue
Rusty Shackleford
fathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond repute

04-01-2014, 09:32 PM

Top right pocket is much bigger and my preferred call. It doesn't appear to be difficult to avoid the scratch either.

The blind back cut to the top left is a small pocket. Don't care for that option.

Justin Wray

Main Player: Gary Johnson custom 4-pointer w/Ki-tech "hard" tip
Back-up Player: Gary Johnson custom Sneaky Pete w/Ki-Tech "hard" tip
Breaker: Gary Johnson custom "Snowflake" 4-pointer
Jumper: Steve Lomax custom w/silver rings
Retired: Meucci 333-5

Old
  (#10)
lorider
AzB Silver Member
lorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond repute

04-01-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
to keep from scratching in right side pocket. if you look at the tangent line you would see with out low left you would be in danger of scratching.

as another poster said ...right side corner shot is make able also. without being in danger of scratching in left side pocket.

it all just depends on how good you are at cut shots and reading tangent lines.

Old
  (#11)
lorider
AzB Silver Member
lorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond repute

04-01-2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathomblue View Post
Top right pocket is much bigger and my preferred call. It doesn't appear to be difficult to avoid the scratch either.

The blind back cut to the top left is a small pocket. Don't care for that option.
i think you mean bottom right....according to the foot spot i see.

Old
  (#12)
RiverCity
AzB Silver Member
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

04-01-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
Its a more natural way to pocket the ball, and it allows a little fuller hit on the ob, and brings your tangent line farther from the side pocket than draw alone.
Chuck

Old
  (#13)
JohnPT
"Prove it!"
JohnPT has a reputation beyond reputeJohnPT has a reputation beyond reputeJohnPT has a reputation beyond reputeJohnPT has a reputation beyond reputeJohnPT has a reputation beyond reputeJohnPT has a reputation beyond reputeJohnPT has a reputation beyond reputeJohnPT has a reputation beyond reputeJohnPT has a reputation beyond reputeJohnPT has a reputation beyond reputeJohnPT has a reputation beyond repute

04-01-2014, 09:55 PM

I must be crazy because I favor the bottom left corner pocket. I set it up on my table and the angle is actually alot shallower on a real table than what it looks like on the above diagram.

This is my poolcue. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My poolcue is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My poolcue, without me, is useless. Without my poolcue, I am useless...

Old
  (#14)
$TAKE HOR$E
champagne - campaign
$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute$TAKE HOR$E has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-01-2014, 09:56 PM

Bank off the end rail into the side with force follow

𝗣𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗹𝘆...𝗮𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 4% 𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗿𝗮 𝗼𝗿 𝗴𝗶𝗳𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘂𝗹𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝘂𝘆𝗲𝗿𝘀
~ $𝗛

Don't be afraid to say what everyone else is thinking, they will talk about you forever
~ unknown

The human brain can subjugate anything, even real pain
~ Bruce Lee

Ya'll warned me, but I didnt listen.....
~ Death Ball

I'm not surprised motherf*%$#@'s
~ Nate Diaz

WWW.MACECUES.COM

DOOM
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=463005

Old
  (#15)
JohnPT
"Prove it!"
JohnPT has a reputation beyond reputeJohnPT has a reputation beyond reputeJohnPT has a reputation beyond reputeJohnPT has a reputation beyond reputeJohnPT has a reputation beyond reputeJohnPT has a reputation beyond reputeJohnPT has a reputation beyond reputeJohnPT has a reputation beyond reputeJohnPT has a reputation beyond reputeJohnPT has a reputation beyond reputeJohnPT has a reputation beyond repute

04-01-2014, 09:57 PM

Its actually easier than it looks.

This is my poolcue. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My poolcue is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My poolcue, without me, is useless. Without my poolcue, I am useless...

Page 1 of 7 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: