How to shoot this shot

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's the last ball on the table. It's aimed right between the upper and lower left corners. Which pocket do you put it in?

I assume you'd want to shoot in one of those two corners, though other options are welcome as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,434

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the setup is exact, if you soot in the right pocket, you need to do a bit too much to the cueball to avoid the chance of a side pocket scratch. Plus the shot in the left is easier by a decent margin, and you don't have to keep half of your head into avoiding the scratch.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also shot this in the upper left (and missed). It seemed easier to see. Thinking about it later, I thought the lower left might have been the better choice, because the rail increases the margin of error for the shot, making the pocket in effect larger.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a relatively easy cut to the top right corner pocket. A tip of low would be adequate to eliminate any chance of it going into the side pocket.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also shot this in the upper left (and missed). It seemed easier to see. Thinking about it later, I thought the lower left might have been the better choice, because the rail increases the margin of error for the shot, making the pocket in effect larger.

you playing on a 9ft table with 5" corner pockets?

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Top right pocket is much bigger and my preferred call. It doesn't appear to be difficult to avoid the scratch either.

The blind back cut to the top left is a small pocket. Don't care for that option.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is your purpose of left english ?

to keep from scratching in right side pocket. if you look at the tangent line you would see with out low left you would be in danger of scratching.

as another poster said ...right side corner shot is make able also. without being in danger of scratching in left side pocket.

it all just depends on how good you are at cut shots and reading tangent lines.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Top right pocket is much bigger and my preferred call. It doesn't appear to be difficult to avoid the scratch either.

The blind back cut to the top left is a small pocket. Don't care for that option.

i think you mean bottom right....according to the foot spot i see.

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
I must be crazy because I favor the bottom left corner pocket. I set it up on my table and the angle is actually alot shallower on a real table than what it looks like on the above diagram.

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Neither.

Shoot right at that ghost ball for a dead-on-100%-make bank.
Oh,and don't forget to use warp speed for theatrical purposes.

I would shoot it in the corner to my right as I view it.
thumbsup.gif

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I must be crazy because I favor the bottom left corner pocket. I set it up on my table and the angle is actually alot shallower on a real table than what it looks like on the above diagram.

If youre going for the back cut, it should be about a half ball hit with a little low right.
Chuck

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
If youre going for the back cut, it should be about a half ball hit with a little low right.
Chuck

I don't look at shots as halfball hit or quarterball or ect. so I'll just take your word for it. But yes right english works but I shot it with follow the first time without even thinking about it and just focusing on making the ball.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Got room for one more on this bench?....I'm crazy too.
I find that snooker players would play it in the top pocket...
...and pool players play it in the bottom pocket (of the screen)